• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Kevyt

Miller... Gambit... breadcrumbing, pastacrumbing, vigilante...

I still don't understand all this terms in Mafia, nor do I care, but man it just makes the game much more interesting trying to figure out what the hell someone is saying when they talk about a gambit.

\o/

We need like a list of Mafia terms with definitions in the OT, imo.

Sophia

A new minigame is coming sooner or later towards Outer Gafia...

F0Hagaq.gif

Oh this will be fun~!

Sorian

Banned
Miller... Gambit... breadcrumbing, pastacrumbing, vigilante...

I still don't understand all this terms in Mafia, nor do I care, but man it just makes the game much more interesting trying to figure out what the hell someone is saying when they talk about a gambit.

\o/

We need like a list of Mafia terms with definitions in the OT, imo.

I fucking love pasta.

Kalor

A new minigame is coming sooner or later towards Outer Gafia...

F0Hagaq.gif

I messed around with a Zero Escape game a while ago but it grew too complicated. I started thinking about implementing escape the room puzzles then realized how much work that would be.

Karkador

Banned
I was looking forward to this but I've grown used to being disappointed.

Never forget:

3Qc4ohL.png

it's actually the furthest along it's ever been. i asked for playtesters on outer gafia, because i want to run it for a couple of days to see how it evolves (since it bends the game structure a lot). Nobody responded. Don't be disappointed in ME, Sorian. Be disappointed in your fellow Gafias.

roytheone

it's actually the furthest along it's ever been. i asked for playtesters on outer gafia, because i want to run it for a couple of days to see how it evolves (since it bends the game structure a lot). Nobody responded. Don't be disappointed in ME, Sorian. Be disappointed in your fellow Gafias.

I assume that when you finally do run it, the original sign ups will be honored? :)

Sorian

Banned

DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

I'm trying to stay unspoiled on very specific games (Batman, Death Note). Prisoner's Dilemma too kind of but not really because that one will be open set-up so everyone will know everything anyway.

I'd be willing to test it since I have no real affinity towards Death Note. Although you would still need more people.

Karkador

Banned
I assume that when you finally do run it, the original sign ups will be honored? :)

Who the hell are those people

DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

I'm trying to stay unspoiled on very specific games (Batman, Death Note). Prisoner's Dilemma too kind of but not really because that one will be open set-up so everyone will know everything anyway.

The test I was thinking of running was actually going to be spoiler-free.

I'd be 100% down for a 5.5 game, but it doesn't really matter to me which one. I'd like to be part of the prisoner's dilemma game if I can though!

You shoulda posted in here. I havent checked OG in a bit.

Umm I'll playtest.

Fireblend

Banned
Wait, how does a spoiler-free playtest work? Aren't you testing systems/mechanics that are going to be in the actual game? What could you test that wouldn't be given away?

And yeah the original lineup better be honored.

Karkador

Banned
Wait, how does a spoiler-free playtest work? Aren't you testing systems/mechanics that are going to be in the actual game? What could you test that wouldn't be given away?

And yeah the original lineup better be honored.

The game itself is a semi-open setup, but the voting system is very different. So I'm basically going to do a dry run with a few rounds of the voting and the baddie doing their thing to see how it pans out. The powers wont be in.

Sorian

Banned
The game itself is a semi-open setup, but the voting system is very different. So I'm basically going to do a dry run with a few rounds of the voting and the baddie doing their thing to see how it pans out. The powers wont be in.

Can't wait for the baddie to get voted out at the first opportunity.

roytheone

No matter how much you want to get away from Lotta Hart, Wendy Oldbag, or Larry Butz, it will never ever happen.

I just hope this case is better then the first, because that one was a bunch of nonsense.
I failed it because I pointed out the perpetrator became afraid by the victim wearing a police uniform by using a photo with the victim in uniform. That was apparently wrong because the game specifically wanted me to use the profile of the victim, not the picture even though THAT WAS EVEN BETTER EVIDENCE. I call Bullshit on that one.

I just hope this case is better then the first, because that one was a bunch of nonsense.
I failed it because I pointed out the perpetrator became afraid by the victim wearing a police uniform by using a photo with the victim in uniform. That was apparently wrong because the game specifically wanted me to use the profile of the victim, not the picture even though THAT WAS EVEN BETTER EVIDENCE. I call Bullshit on that one.

lol. Yeah those moments happen a bit more often than they should, if memory serves.

Sorian

Banned

The second game is rough, might as well just set you up for that now. The reward is that the last case of the game is the best one off story of the series or at least second only to the bonus case from the first game.

The second game is rough, might as well just set you up for that now. The reward is that the last case of the game is the best one off story of the series or at least second only to the bonus case from the first game.

What.... Third game final case is like.... the culmination of everything.

Also fuck the circus case.

Karkador

Banned
I thought AA2 was fine. People shit on it from a little too great of a height.

Speaking of which, how are we going to handle the playtest on Outer Gafia? Can people get included into a private thread or something? Ideally, they should not be able to see the other thread I made about the game (so as to avoid spoilers)

roytheone

Rough in the way of "the stories suck" or rough in the way of "this evidence the game wanted me to present is a ridiculous jump in logic and this other evidence that is way better is wrong for no real reason"?

*Splinter

I thought AA2 was fine. People shit on it from a little too great of a height.

Speaking of which, how are we going to handle the playtest on Outer Gafia? Can people get included into a private thread or something? Ideally, they should not be able to see the other thread I made about the game (so as to avoid spoilers)
Ask Retro to set something up

He's very accommodating

Sorian

Banned
What.... Third game final case is like.... the culmination of everything.

Also fuck the circus case.

Notice that I said best one off story. The third game's final case is amazing because of everything leading up to it. Case 2-4 doesn't require prior knowledge.

Sorian

Banned
Rough in the way of "the stories suck" or rough in the way of "this evidence the game wanted me to present is a ridiculous jump in logic and this other evidence that is way better is wrong for no real reason"?

A little bit of the first but mostly the second, I promise you'll probably get stuck on an investigation to because you didn't present something very specific to someone.

I don't mind testing, although from the 16th I won't be available, I assume it won't last that long, but if it might then skip over me.

roytheone

A little bit of the first but mostly the second, I promise you'll probably get stuck on an investigation to because you didn't present something very specific to someone.

I already got stuck many times in 1 ;__;

Like in the bonus case when you are supposed to find a crumbled piece of paper in a location that you searched before and where edgy blocks your view

Top Bottom