• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

Testing sounds very fun, since you can do stupid ass gambits that backfire like crazy, and nobody would really care, hell, it's probably even a good way to test for all possibilities!

Sorian

Banned
Testing sounds very fun, since you can do stupid ass gambits that backfire like crazy, and nobody would really care, hell, it's probably even a good way to test for all possibilities!

This sounds like a normal game. I anticipate a test game running with perfect strategy.

SkyOdin

Is this a good time for a new player to jump in? I've recently started following some of the Mafia games here and I'm tempted to try playing myself, if sign-ups are still open.

If you need another tester to hit 13, I can help. I'm not sure I'm the best choice as I'm still playing my first game, but if you need peeps I can be weird for your test.

Darryl

Banned
Miller... Gambit... breadcrumbing, pastacrumbing, vigilante...

I still don't understand all this terms in Mafia, nor do I care, but man it just makes the game much more interesting trying to figure out what the hell someone is saying when they talk about a gambit.

o/

We need like a list of Mafia terms with definitions in the OT, imo.

We don't have a term for when someone retoactively pretends that one of their old posts was a breadcrumb

Also someone can sign me up randomly for a game and just PM me when you have my role

Karkador

Banned
We don't have a term for when someone retoactively pretends that one of their old posts was a breadcrumb

Also someone can sign me up randomly for a game and just PM me when you have my role

I'm going to PM you a role and that's going to be who you are for the rest of your life

1J1Sy7P.gif

Karkador

Banned
So the list so far for the Death Note playtest is:

1. Oceanic Air
2. CornBurrito
3. Sorian
4. *Splinter
5. roy Theone
6. Sawneeks
7. Fireblend
8. Zippedpinhead
9. CrimsonFist
10. Gorlak
11. Ourobolus
12. Kawl_USC
13. weemadarthur

Overflow:
14. Lone Prodigy

Trigger

1. Oceanic Air
2. CornBurrito
3. Sorian
4. *Splinter
5. roy Theone
6. Sawneeks
7. Fireblend
8. Zippedpinhead
9. CrimsonFist
10. Gorlak
11. Ourobolus
12. Kawl_USC
13. weemadarthur

Overflow:
14. Lone Prodigy

I'll join too.

Gorlak

Banned
Is this a good time for a new player to jump in? I've recently started following some of the Mafia games here and I'm tempted to try playing myself, if sign-ups are still open.

Welcome to our little community of liars and bad players :) I think our mid-season (smaller games with ~16players) will start soon and we would be glad to have you on board! Maybe you even want to take a look at this experimental test play from Kark? But this won't be a standard mafia mechanic game, if I understood him correctly.

I think it would be good to have a new players perspective, too

Edit: Let's go, I want to try this out Kark :)

nukedeggs

1. Oceanic Air
2. CornBurrito
3. Sorian
4. *Splinter
5. roy Theone
6. Sawneeks
7. Fireblend
8. Zippedpinhead
9. CrimsonFist
10. Gorlak
11. Ourobolus
12. Kawl_USC
13. weemadarthur

Overflow:
14. Lone Prodigy
Death Note!? This sounds intriguing too. Though I'm totally new so maybe I shouldn't be play testing. Life is hard.

roytheone

Death Note!? This sounds intriguing too. Though I'm totally new so maybe I shouldn't be play testing. Life is hard.

Well, seeing how a new/inexperienced player handles the thing Kark apparently came up with could be valuable.

However, I don't think this test will actually be themed. It will have some of the mechanics of the game in place, but not the flavor, names etc. since that could tip people off about the real game.

El Topo

The recruiting reminds me that I have a deep, long-standing grudge with a member of Gafia. I just don't remember who it was.

Kawl_USC

Also, I'd like access to the spectator thread at this point. Seems unlikely that I'll be subbing into either Princessi or PW games.

nukedeggs

I'm in the same boat as you.

(not the love kind of boat)
Sup new game buddy! I figure that I'm hanging around the thread contributing nothing but desire to play a game, I might as well offer myself to playtest if they want me to haha.

Well, seeing how a new/inexperienced player handles the thing Kark apparently came up with could be valuable.

However, I don't think this test will actually be themed. It will have some of the mechanics of the game in place, but not the flavor, names etc. since that could tip people off about the real game.
Ah gotcha! Well, it sounds interesting nonetheless. Would be down, if I'm needed :D

Karkador

Banned
Just think of it as "they are going to ride the rollercoaster while it's still under construction". You kind of want to be in the overflow.

Top Bottom