• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Hmm

Game with N - 1 tanners where N is the number of players.

All the tanners win if they lynch the one guy who isn't a tanner.

OR an individual tanner wins if he gets voted out.

Regular dude wins if he isn't lynched.

Coppanuva

In more exciting news...

who-should-play-the-riddler-594563.jpg

I'm in.

And I intend to post solely in riddles and puzzles. You have been warned.

SkyOdin

Woo! New victim friend

It's always/never a good time. Welcome, fresh meat!

Welcome to our little community of liars and bad players :) I think our mid-season (smaller games with ~16players) will start soon and we would be glad to have you on board! Maybe you even want to take a look at this experimental test play from Kark? But this won't be a standard mafia mechanic game, if I understood him correctly.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I will pass on the test play though. I am still getting the hang of regular mafia, and to be honest, the idea of the test confuses me somewhat. I think I would prefer to get my start with a more normal game. With that said, I think I will do my sign-up (I'm presuming the stuff in the OP is still semi-applicable):

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Of the mid-seasons games: Gods, Batman, and Wrestling, in that order. I'm something of a mythology buff, I at least have watched Batman TAS, and the only things I know about wrestling are heel, face, kayfabe, and jobber.
Time-zone: Pacific (AKA, US West Coast)

RetroMG

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I will pass on the test play though. I am still getting the hang of regular mafia, and to be honest, the idea of the test confuses me somewhat. I think I would prefer to get my start with a more normal game. With that said, I think I will do my sign-up (I'm presuming the stuff in the OP is still semi-applicable):

Preferred game(s): Of the mid-seasons games: Gods, Batman, and Wrestling, in that order. I'm something of a mythology buff, I at least have watched Batman TAS, and the only things I know about wrestling are heel, face, kayfabe, and jobber.

Welcome aboard! You will, at some point, need to go make an account at outergafia.com. It's where we host a lot of off-site stuff, like scum chats, spectator threads, and the like.

Welcome to Gafia! Good job with the Batman. Which games have you looked at here? Early games have been a lot more sane than more recent ones (I am a personal fan of Star Wars).

SkyOdin

Welcome to Gafia! Good job with the Batman. Which games have you looked at here? Early games have been a lot more sane than more recent ones (I am a personal fan of Star Wars).

So far, I've been following some of the ongoing games (namely the Ace Attorney one), I've read the Call of Cthulu game, skimmed the original season 1 game, and working on reading through some others. I still need to read that Star Wars one.

Sorian

Banned
So far, I've been following some of the ongoing games (namely the Ace Attorney one), I've read the Call of Cthulu game, skimmed the original season 1 game, and working on reading through some others. I still need to read that Star Wars one.

Ah sweet, I'll assume you are my new biggest fan :D

Sawneeks

Banned

Yes! We need more members of the Best Coast in here. :D

I've learned that you like to post.

Understatement of the year.

Coppanuva

Welcome SkyOdin!

Here's a pro tip: Ignore any and all advice coming from roytheone. He speaks only in lies.

This is pretty solid advice. One time he even tried to convince a game that there was a SECOND GAME within that game that only he could talk to. Needless to say, the idea of that is completely 100% absurd and he should have been lynched on the spot for advocating something that absurd.

Alright, asides from Blarg, who have been your favorite players in each game?

Sophia

certainly not!

midseason games are probably coming soon, starting with wwe and batman, but you certainly haven't missed out!

WWE does sound like it'd be fun, but I barely know anything about wrestling nowadays. Other than the fact that John Cena is apparently a decisive figure. >.>;

Bowlie

Banned
certainly not!

midseason games are probably coming soon, starting with wwe and batman, but you certainly haven't missed out!

If I'm in Batman and I get him as my role, can I roleplay as Moon Knight to make Roy angry? Because I know more about him than Batman.

(Moon Knight is Marvel's ripoff of Batman)

roytheone

Welcome SkyOdin!

Here's a pro tip: Ignore any and all advice coming from roytheone. He speaks only in lies.

HEY! Remember NX! If we are on the same team, "always be lynching Fireblend" still works! So you can profit from it too!

This is pretty solid advice. One time he even tried to convince a game that there was a SECOND GAME within that game that only he could talk to. Needless to say, the idea of that is completely 100% absurd and he should have been lynched on the spot for advocating something that absurd.

They are real! They still are playing their second game and are still talking to me! They tell me to do all kinds of bad things :( To be honest, they are starting to scare me. BUT THEY ARE REAL!!!!!

If I'm in Batman and I get him as my role, can I roleplay as Moon Knight to make Roy angry? Because I know more about him than Batman.

(Moon Knight is Marvel's ripoff of Batman)

You can do whatever you want. But you seriously want to role play as a second class clone that didn't even start as a main character but as a side character in "Werewolf by night"? *shakes head in disgust*

Bowlie

Banned
You can do whatever you want. But you seriously want to role play as a second class clone that didn't even start as a main character but as a side character in "Werewolf by night"? *shakes head in disgust*

Damn, you have a point. And I even managed to find 10 Marvel heroes/villains that look like 10 Batman heroes/villains...

Gorlak

Banned

---
Aaaand I'm ready for mid-season. Can't play Batman because I was super helpful building roy's game. I'd prefer gods over wwe, because I feel the wrestling game would hugely profit from indepth knowledge.

How many players will be assigned to each game? What does the timetable look like? We are waiting for one main season game to finish, right?

2467b364cd723e02304bc8cb049cfc1c.jpg

---
Aaaand I'm ready for mid-season. Can't play Batman because I was super helpful building roy's game. I'd prefer gods over wwe, because I feel the wrestling game would hugely profit from indeepth knowledge.

How many players will be assigned to each game? What does the timetable look like? We are waiting for one main season game to finish, right?
I'm not sure when the first game starts, but I vaguely remember Nin saying something about second half of March. Gods will wait for princess to finish and has 18 players, the other games were around 20 I think.

E: Found it. Batman is 18, WWE is 22.

roytheone

---
Aaaand I'm ready for mid-season. Can't play Batman because I was super helpful building roy's game. I'd prefer gods over wwe, because I feel the wrestling game would hugely profit from indepth knowledge.

anigif_longform-original-24504-1410604783-6.gif

NO! Don't be nice to me! I don't know how to handle Germans that are nice to me ;__;

Anyway, Batman will indeed have 18 players, and will run at some time after WWE started that makes sense, which depends on how the games will go. If two games end very close to each other and we suddenly have a lot of potential players, it could start relatively quickly after WWE started. Gods will probably be a bit after that.

Fireblend

Banned
I had a dream last night I received my Death Note playtest PM. It was surprisingly detailed for a dream, lol. We were all grouped up in teams of ~4, and basically each group had to hunt the other ones down to win. One of the groups was publicly revealed and I was in it, but I don't recall who else was on my team. Each team had different PRs and one of the teams had theirs made public. It was a pretty complex setup, haha.

Sorian

Banned
I had a dream last night I received my Death Note playtest PM. It was surprisingly detailed for a dream, lol. We were all grouped up in teams of ~4, and basically each group had to hunt the other ones down to win. One of the groups was publicly revealed and I was in it, but I don't recall who else was on my team. Each team had different PRs and one of the teams had theirs made public. It was a pretty complex setup, haha.

Kark just opened up a spreadsheet on his computer and deleted everything. Nice job Fire.

Top Bottom