• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kIlZIvO.jpg

A shame the wig isn't better :(

My Otakon costume is 85% complete. It's pretty scary looking, not my intention but the design of the character makes it that way. I'm very certain that little kids are going to be crying and I'm going to feel really bad.

fake edit: I want to keep the character a surprise until after Otakon, I'll post a pic or two afterwards assuming I'm happy with the end result.

Prez

Does anyone have some cheap and simple ideas? I'm expected to dress as a videogame character for a birthday party, but I don't want to spend more than $20 and it's not important enough to put much effort into it. I was thinking of Nathan Drake but I can't find a leather gun holster for cheap (I'm in Europe btw).

Maybe something I could do with some simple make-up?

Nopren

Come as the smiley-psycho from Manhunt. Make a smiley mask out of cardboard. Paint it. Put on some overalls. Make a bloody knife out of cardboard with duct tape wrapped around. Splash red paint on everything liberally.

manhunt_082203_36vphx.jpg

Prez

Come as the smiley-psycho from Manhunt. Make a smiley mask out of cardboard. Paint it. Put on some overalls. Make a bloody knife out of cardboard with duct tape wrapped around. Splash red paint on everything liberally.

manhunt_082203_36vphx.jpg

You just gave me the idea of going as a zombie. Cover a white t-shirt as well as my face and arms with fake blood. What do I use as fake blood though (beside ketchup)?

That Pikmin is fantastically terrifying. He's two toilet paper rolls and a ball gag away from some kind of Mummenschanz bondage slave.

He should roam around photobombing every shot he can.

DTJAAAAM

Lucis

On break from the con scene for about a week or two, so figured I'd update with some of the stuff I didn't get to post (last day of FanimeCon stuff and Denver Comic Con) due to E3 madness. Including the expo, I actually went to three cons that week since I hopped to Vegas about a day after for AniMegaCon and Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. Here we go with the photo dump...

FanimeCon 2013 - Sunday

8963748926_569b9d1ba7_c.jpg

that's my waifu o.o

You just gave me the idea of going as a zombie. Cover a white t-shirt as well as my face and arms with fake blood. What do I use as fake blood though (beside ketchup)?

Use light corn syrup and red food coloring. I've gotten in trouble with police for being too realistically bloody.

aristotle

I'll refrain from making lewd comments. :p Awesome photos as always DTJ. That Grouch is my favorite. It brought a stupid smile to my face. That yak creature from Stargate is impressive as well. Zipper face has actual talent :)

Also +1 for Corn Syrup + food coloring for blood. Simple, easy to clean, and it's what they use a lot of times on movie sets.

Prez

Use light corn syrup and red food coloring. I've gotten in trouble with police for being too realistically bloody.

Corn sirop isn't sold anywhere in my country. Can I just use any sirop?

Also what's the best way to apply it to get a bloody shirt? I'm going as Max Payne now btw.

aristotle

Corn sirop isn't sold anywhere in my country. Can I just use any sirop?

Also what's the best way to apply it to get a bloody shirt? I'm going as Max Payne now btw.

Corn syrup should be found in any baking goods isle. Drip it on for big bloody mess & use a spray bottle for small effects. Use both for a better look overall.

Top Bottom