• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

sono

Gold Member
^ Actually I am not particularly aroused but I am very impressed/amazed at how authentic that seems

HiResDes

This Cammy posted a few pages ago might be the best I've ever seen:

8875568351_90385dbca8_c.jpg

Egnirys

After some study we realized Selvaria's spear is A LOT easier to make, simply because of the straight instead of spiraling style of the body.

Oh man if it's possible at Fanime next year I'd love to get photos with my Alicia costume. I'm thinking of remaking the armor again to be even more accurate. I know that's a very long ways off though.

Lucis

Oh man if it's possible at Fanime next year I'd love to get photos with my Alicia costume. I'm thinking of remaking the armor again to be even more accurate. I know that's a very long ways off though.

Did you make the valkyria weapon for Alicia? They definitly went overboard to design Riela's valkyria weapon...

Ezalc

Ya, VC3 Riela's Valkyria weapon... The thing will be about 180cm tall in total... It is so heavy I don't think my wife will be able to hold it for long... (not valkyrie IRL)

Huh, I was thinking it was Alicia's, haven't played VC3, but that's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the finished cosplay!

Egnirys

Did you make the valkyria weapon for Alicia? They definitly went overboard to design Riela's valkyria weapon...

Not yet, it has been on my to do list but I'm graduating in March so I'll have more time to devote towards it. I was going to make a base out of cardboard and then cover it with expanding foam and carve/sand.

Olorin

Made this way too heavy apparently, wife have problem holding it to pose for even 30 seconds = =
Have you ever tried using foam (with a thin wooden core for swords)? That's what I use for my props and they're always super lightweight.

Egnirys

I remember one year I talked to this one girl who made a great Selvaria, and her husband dressed up as well. She made the lance and shield from layers of insulation foam, and even that was heavy. It's just overall a heavy and not well balanced prop.

Lucis

It is made entirely out of the EVA foams, however the weight is mostly from the PVC pipe in middle that holds it up. I did some engineering with it it's now only about 3/5 of the weight! We are going to try to finish coloring it in the next 2 nights... our plan is to have it done so it will be shown on Sat. Today my wife as Mari:

69b5529fjw1e6bmlcgbyhj20dc0hsadl.jpg

Salamando

It is made entirely out of the EVA foams, however the weight is mostly from the PVC pipe in middle that holds it up. I did some engineering with it it's now only about 3/5 of the weight! We are going to try to finish coloring it in the next 2 nights... our plan is to have it done so it will be shown on Sat. Today my wife as Mari:

Have you tried a counterweight? The PVC pipe would create a pretty unbalanced load.

Bombless

This London Super Comic Con video has a little bit more post production than your usual convention cosplay video

The one they shot this May is even better!

And here's a short [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eMHu7NZqVU] clip I shot at the Mass Effect gathering
. That take took 5 or 6 tries as there were many many people gathering around and the opening in the ring we were making for the cameraman to back through kept filling up with new people. One got rammed into at almost full speed...filming is dangerous business lol.

Top Bottom