• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogafs Official NHL 09 GUILD (Xbox360 Sign Up Thread)

FightyF

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Well

I won't be on XBL this weekend when I'm out of town so don't use my spot on the team yet, I'm so in for this and was one of the first to sign up :p

No don't worry, at least for you it went through and all that stuff.

No one is going to be taken out of the list for the next month at the very least, unless they cancel their Live subscription, or sold the game, or just found out that they don't play it very often. After that point if there's still demand to get in, and these people are dedicated, we'll look into that situation later. But for the next month (or two) the list of 50 is set.

That said, QVT is the only extra guy out at the moment. Though he's playing temporarily until I can get all the other usernames set. Once I do, he's back on the waiting list, and he'll get back in once someone in this 50 quits.

So there's not need for anyone who posted in this thread to worry. At this moment we got 50 players interested, one waiting (in the team temporarily until we get others in), and that's about it.

But I encourage everyone to accept the invites sent asap, so we can get the team sorted and then work on an official thread (if you guys think we need one...being able to edit the OP may be useful...I'd like to have some sort of calendar or something in the OP).

Also, it might be handy to subscribe to this thread if you haven't already.

I found a jersey I thought we could use for GAF...it's got similar colors:

http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/e...09/5667207/862A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_GxJ.jpg
http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/e...09/5667207/862A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_lco.jpg

http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/e...09/5667207/862A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_XsB.jpg
http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/e...09/5667207/862A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uBP.jpg

What do you guys think? Or are you already accustomed to the Duck jersey? :)

I love the Ducks so I'd be fine with it

Want to send the invite again and I can get back on Live?

I'm not leaving for another half hour or so

FightyF

Banned
I think it says I already sent one, let me try agian.

Sent it. I just noticed the timestamp on your post though. :p

But don't worry, when you come back you should be able to hop in right away. Enjoy your trip!

FightyF said:
I think it says I already sent one, let me try agian.

Sent it. I just noticed the timestamp on your post though. :p

But don't worry, when you come back you should be able to hop in right away. Enjoy your trip!

That Jersey is the one I recommended earlier and I think it looks perfect for NeoGAF!

Also, sorry guys, my connection got disconnected last night so I cut out midway through the second period when we were down 3-1. Shit, I was having so much fun too!! I'm going to have to call Bell to come in and look at my DSL line because this shit is unacceptable!! I was really worried that it disconnected everyone else but it looks like the game was played out to completion which is good.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
BigJonsson said:
Want to send the invite again and I can get back on Live?
you kinda have to look in a strange place for it. under the eashl menu option, there's an inbox or something you have... i can't remember what it's called, maybe someone can help. you can find the invite there

purg3

slept with Malkin
Those jerseys are cool, I know a few people last night were asking about switching the current one.

woodchuck

yeah. also hopefully will patch the game and include more than 5 indicator colors for 6 people.

kind of tough when the LD and RD are both yellow :lol

fin

woodchuck said:
yeah. also hopefully will patch the game and include more than 5 indicator colors for 6 people.

kind of tough when the LD and RD are both yellow :lol

Ouch. That sucks. I had one game where one was yellow and the other a lime-ish green, I always was confused which one I was.

Scored my first two goals while playing D last night. Love the power they give the Def. D-men. Also, fighting with one is easy mode. Must be really disheartening to get one-shotted, but that's not my problem.

FightyF

Banned
Scoured EA's forums, didn't see anything last night, but found something today in regards to the "Fail to send Invitation" message.

One guy suggested that if you have the game, go "online" with it. Now I figure that even checking your messages in the "Xbox Live" tab will get you "online" enough (ie. you don't have to actually play an online game).

So I suggest everyone who isn't on the team to do that, so I can add you all ASAP.

daw840

Are there any spaces open for this? I haven't played a hockey game since.......wow, the Genesis:lol ......But I love any sports game here on GAF!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Fighty, I changed the team jersey to the one pictured above. Also, I'll be online for some games shortly, I'll be afk in the lobby so just post in here.

X26

Banned
Our record updates now, but for some reason only a few of us are listed with our player name and stats. Not sure why, hopefully that's just temporary. I'll be back on in a little bit if anybody else wants to paly.

FightyF

Banned
X26 said:
Our record updates now, but for some reason only a few of us are listed with our player name and stats. Not sure why, hopefully that's just temporary. I'll be back on in a little bit if anybody else wants to paly.

I had a theory that maybe our team stats won't update without having a GM playing on the team as well. It was that, among other reasons why I thought purg3 should be GM. In the end I don't think there'll be any issue in making a lot of people GMs for the team, if it is indeed true that they need to be playing in order to get stats.

As far as the names are concerned, I don't think they'll show up until we play a game with the team.

I'm going to jump on in about 30-40 minutes since it isn't looking too good for the Jays. Hopefully my connection doesn't fuck up tonight.

Stupid CPU goalie!! Great game though.

Hey, why am I the only one in the dressing room now? Did you guys rematch when I exited?

Also, we need to add our Jersey names and numbers to the OP so we know who is who.

DoctorWho - Carabott - 22

Sandman42

DoctorWho said:
Fuck mine just froze!

It sounds like this is happening to a few people. I think all of ours might have froze.
Mine froze too!

It was still a lot of fun playing with you guys.

Murderface will be back again another day.

daw840

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Is there any more room for the GAF team?

I posed this question earlier. I am definitely interested as well. If there is room, I will go buy this game tomorrow morning!

Fuck, I got dropped just as we scored that short handed goal in that last game. Did we come back???

Anyways, some observations:

Doytch: Good goalie but don't pass it unless it is absolutely safe.
Fassino: Stop taking penalties... :lol :lol You take about three - four every game I'm in.

I need to improve my defensive skill but wingers need to pass back to the defense sometimes. I took a great shot from the bluline that was tipped in and we could be doing more of that. Also, more shots from the line mean more rebounds.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Yeah mine kept freezing so I gave up since you heartless twats just went right on into a game without your *Superstar*

FightyF

Banned
Just got back home, looks like I missed all the fun. :( It'll be a busy few weeks for me anyways.

DoctorWho said:
Also, we need to add our Jersey names and numbers to the OP so we know who is who.

DoctorWho - Carabott - 22

Good suggestion. If you think it's imperative to have me make a new thread, I can do it tomorrow afternoon. I was sort of hoping that we'd have everyone on board, and once we have the roster pretty much in there (at least 80% of the guys who asked to be in there accepting invites), and then go with it. But if you feel that it would be better to get on it now and it would make things more organized, then I'll do it ASAP.

I've got some time right now, I was thinking of playing some games, but if no one is on, I might as well work on the post right now for a little while, finish her tomorrow and post it.

I'm thinking of having:
  • entire roster listed (I'll take your suggestion of posting the jersey number with player name as well, and Gamertag at the very end.)
    Something like "DoctorWho - Carabott - 22 - Proteus
    Ok maybe that's too colorful heheh
    Maybe I should also include preferred position? That way when we formulate some teams to play online, we can set it up so that people are playing positions they excel at?
  • Waiting list (list of people who want to join but the team is too full, first in first on the team basis when someone quits the team)
  • Link to Google Calender for any particularly planned gaming night/play sessions
  • Latest news: any important team announcements can go here

Of course we'll have all the necessary propaganda in the form of team pictures if possible, and recognition of achievements (ie. over 100 wins), stuff like that.

If anyone can think of anything else, I'm all ears.

Doytch said:
Man my 360 is garbage. Frozen twice when starting a game now.

and again, what a joke

Actually when I was scouring the EA forums for the solution to the "Fail to send invitation" error, I saw that a lot of people were suffering from the same issue.

I've had the game freeze up on me as well. Not during a game, but in the menus.

So it's not your console. Seems like it's the game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well tonight was a bit demoralizing considering we were competitive in our games for the most part only to lose by a goal toward the end of the game almost every time-and not to mention the few blowouts lol. There were definitely some flashes of good teamwork every now and then, just need to put the puck in the net on those opportunities.

Phthisis

DoctorWho said:
Fassino: Stop taking penalties... :lol :lol You take about three - four every game I'm

I'm trying man :(

It's tough to play defense. My character can't hit that well because he's a bit on the small side, so I need to use my stick work to my advantage.

That said, god do we suck. We lost 11 straight games tonight. Every other team we've played has had some great teamwork.

Our main problems as I see them:

1. Not taking enough quality shots. We're getting slappers that go in off the rush every once in a while, but as soon as the man with the puck enters the zone, he's getting jacked, or people aren't putting it at the net. We really need to spread out in the offensive zone and pass to each other.

2. Faceoff winning % is dreadful.

3. Giving up odd man rushes. I'll admit, I'm to blame for a lot of the times it happens. I start to press and pinch when we get down by goals to try and come back and it ends up costing us.

4. Our CPU-controlled goalies suck shit out of the sewers for breakfast. God do they blow. They let in some of the softest, shittiest goals I have ever seen.

Tonight really was demoralizing. 11 straight losses. That's horrible. One bright spot: Doytch is a fucking great goalie.

EDIT- I'm playing our games in the classic camera view, which lets me see the whole ice at once. I dunno what camera you guys are using, but switching to something zoomed further out might help us have better teamwork.

FightyF

Banned
Sent invites again to the entire "Fail to send" list, and some went through! Which means that you guys did something (theory on EA's forums was that people had to sign in on their online profile or something like that) and it's going.

List of those where it says, "Player not found"
Jazzy Jeff v2K (your GT was verified as I saw you on the NeoGAF NHL 09 Friends list)
Kifimbo
blackMamba187 (tried "blackmamba187" and "blackMamba 187" they didn't work either)
JakOfTheShadows
yodathesoda (I need your GT, I tried your GAF handle hoping maybe it was the same, I've sent a PM)

I've sent friends requests to all of you, as there is another way to invite people to the team via the friend's list.

List of those where it says, "Fail to send invitation"
(this means your GT is found, but when I send invite, the usual message of "invite sent" does not come up, but rather the "fail" message)

Templaer
thekranz
MINI Pez
ghostmind
KINGPEN66
PheonixOfFlames
squatingyeti
ALeperMessiah
Darknight
Dazed13
HardyBoy1224
M1ckD
Soroc
arne360
plastic handgun

So it finds your GT...but gives me that message when I try to send the invite.

All I can suggest is to try to go into the "Xbox Live" option at the main menu...and check your personal page by pressing in the right analog stick. Also let me know if you do it, an EA community rep is interested in confirming this.

X26

Banned
Phthisis said:
EDIT- I'm playing our games in the classic camera view, which lets me see the whole ice at once. I dunno what camera you guys are using, but switching to something zoomed further out might help us have better teamwork.

Anyways to have the camera lock onto your guy in those views? Because when I play with ice or classic on, it'll just fucus on the puck

sefskillz

Phthisis said:
I've got about an 80% faceoff win % going. My grinder is just sick in the faceoff circle. The unfortunate part is, he's not offensively talented enough to be a decent center :p

How was searching for a game last night? Any faster? There's definitely something glitchy with the dressing room where not everyone is in the room together, even if one isn't full. I backed out of the dressing room with 4 or so people in it, went back in and I was in with 1 dude who wasn't in with the rest.

Phthisis said:
I'm trying man :(

It's tough to play defense. My character can't hit that well because he's a bit on the small side, so I need to use my stick work to my advantage.

That said, god do we suck. We lost 11 straight games tonight. Every other team we've played has had some great teamwork.

Our main problems as I see them:

1. Not taking enough quality shots. We're getting slappers that go in off the rush every once in a while, but as soon as the man with the puck enters the zone, he's getting jacked, or people aren't putting it at the net. We really need to spread out in the offensive zone and pass to each other.

3. Giving up odd man rushes. I'll admit, I'm to blame for a lot of the times it happens. I start to press and pinch when we get down by goals to try and come back and it ends up costing us.

4. Our CPU-controlled goalies suck shit out of the sewers for breakfast. God do they blow. They let in some of the softest, shittiest goals I have ever seen.

Tonight really was demoralizing. 11 straight losses. That's horrible. One bright spot: Doytch is a fucking great goalie.

These are all great points. I might switch to a wider camera as well since I can't see what is going on sometimes and I don't know who has possession of the puck. Faceoff winning percentage is a big problem. I don't know if there is some trick to winning faceoffs in this game, but we need to learn it - fast! We are actually keeping the games pretty close even though we keep losing. I've been in a game that was tied till the last minute of play and a game that we lost in OT so we aren't as bad as our record indicates.

X26

Banned
So how exactly to we get more points to distribute and beef up your player outside the intial 3pts you get for each category

sefskillz

Damn, just got on... that record is rough :lol

For some reason purg and I lost all of our stats and our character name info on the leaderboard. Did all that reset when we switched jerseys/logos or somethin?

AirBrian

I got the invite and joined up! Question though, it says my player is Victor Banning (or something like that) instead of my created player. How do you change that?

woodchuck

X26 said:
Anyways to have the camera lock onto your guy in those views? Because when I play with ice or classic on, it'll just fucus on the puck

press the "back" button to have th camera lock on to your guy, but you might not be able to see the puck sometimes

AirBrian said:
I got the invite and joined up! Question though, it says my player is Victor Banning (or something like that) instead of my created player. How do you change that?

it might update later or tomrrow. it will show Victor Banning now, but after you play a game, it might update to your actual guy.

Top Bottom