• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix now has more than 75 million subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports :(

Blackout rules suck if you follow local teams.

SlingTV. $20/month and you get ESPN/ESPN2 by default. For $5 more, you get the rest of the ESPN networks plus some other sports channels. This also gets you access to WatchESPN in case the app has technical issues or something. From there, I guess an OTA antenna to get you the network channels.

Granted the technical issues are a bit annoying. They really need to get that worked out.

SlingTV. $20/month and you get ESPN/ESPN2 by default. For $5 more, you get the rest of the ESPN networks plus some other sports channels. This also gets you access to WatchESPN in case the app has technical issues or something. From there, I guess an OTA antenna to get you the network channels.

Granted the technical issues are a bit annoying. They really need to get that worked out.

Here, baseball, basketball, and hockey wouldn't be available OTA or through ESPN. So that doesn't cut it.

Our, or most of, our Blockbusters turned into B Stores since Grupo Salinas (Elektra, TV Azteca, etc) bought the establishments. I have seen lots of big discount offers lately, so I guess they were a bad idea.

Literally the old Blockbuster (that this september turned into a B Store while also shrinking in size) I used to go just this week I saw a giant "BIG CLOSING SALE" (Gran venta de liquidación). I went in to see what I could get for cheap and it was a depressing sight. The same store I sued to go to to rent NES and SNES games in the early 90s is closing in 2016.

And just 6 months after the geniuses at Grupo Salinas decided to keep the business model going by changing the goddamn name. Not sure they're closing all or just some of them but it's clearly not working like they wanted.

kiguel182

They make it really fucking convenient. I know a few people that share, but mostly because at some point someone logged in for something and then they just didn't care or one party didn't need those extra connections. Roommates moved out and shit like that, and no one cares. I'm pretty sure a lot of them would get their own connection if they needed to.

Though it's kind of funny comparing this reaction to netflix sharing to threads about spotify and such where people refuse to pay and only want free. Some people really are cheap and don't actually want to spend that 10 bucks.

I pay for a Spotify account and share a Netflix one (that I pay my half to obviously).

Netflix makes it super easy to do this and Spotify offers discounts if you get people on the service.

Some people have less money than others or other stuff to spend money on. People not understanding this blows my mind.

Pirating is wrong but shaming people for trying to save money in completly legal ways blows my mind.

Sorry if I don't have more money and try to spend what I have the best way I can instead of stealing everything like I could easily do. Shame on me for not having more money.

krae_man

The other thread made it sound like there was going to be a massive exodus if Netflix closed the back door.

Man how cheap does someone have to be to do this?

Have you seen the humble bundle threads here? People wait for others to give away the $1 tier games:lol

Netflix costs more then $1.

reKon

Banned

I cancelled SlingTV because of the constant network issues/errors, that wouldn't allow me to connect to the service at random times. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that I was logged on my fire TV stick and desktop, but it no matter how much I played around with I couldn't resolve the issues. Even technical support could not help. The really shitty interface did not help either.

Have you seen the humble bundle threads here? People wait for others to give away the $1 tier games:lol

Netflix costs more then $1.

People on slickdeals.net are worse. People will wait months for a video game $15 drop to down to $10. It's like if it doesn't hit that magical point, it's still above their target price that they want to buy at, no matter how much they want to play it.

Cipherr

Thats 75 million people on a service with nothing to watch (unless your in the US).

People have been saying there's nothing to watch on Netflix since its inception of streaming videos lol. Catalog just grows and grows and people still say the same stuff.

gdt

Netflix is life at this point. I have Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Now, but Netflix is clearly the trailblazer. Streaming shit is still so amazing. As a kid, I couldn't picture this.

I still think users who complain about lack of content aren't searching hard enough. There's almost too much good stuff on the service.

Every thread people tell them to use an unblocker to see the entire catalog. Even if they access worldwide content they will say theres still nothing to see. Right now though its wait and see if the unblockers will continue to work

Larogue

75million
shut-up-and-take-my-money-11.jpg

Syriel

Hey look, American Netflix subscribers.

If you're judging regions by quantity, you might mistakenly think American Netflix has the best catalog.

If you're judging by quality though, other territories win out.

Those saying that American Netflix is the best have clearly never used Netflix in Canada or the UK.

kiguel182

If you're judging regions by quantity, you might mistakenly think American Netflix has the best catalog.

Those saying that American Netflix is the best have clearly never used Netflix in Canada or the UK.

Given that they are in 100+ countries and Canada, UK or American are just a small part of it I would say most people still have reasons to complain.

Every time I look up an older movie I want to watch on Netflix Canada, it's not there.

Every.

Time.

Loxley

It's so hilarious looking back a five years ago when Netflix raised the price of their streaming service to $10 a month and everybody was screaming that they were doomed as a result.

On the plus side, that stupid outrage brought us the "Netflix Relief Fund".

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
that is a lot of monthly income...

It's actually pretty fair when you consider the cost of original content, cloud infrastructure to distribute, and lack of ads. Think of the revenue of cable companies.

cwmartin

Every time I look up an older movie I want to watch on Netflix Canada, it's not there.

Every.

Time.

You will get lots of feedback on this, but this is really not either the intended use of Netflix, or the most efficient use of Netflix.

This is more of an issue of adapting to a new entertainment selection model than it is a problem of Netflix.

Netlfix is not an on demand rental service. If you want to watch Citizen Kane at any time when you want, then you can rent it from the multitude of on demand rental services.

Netflix is a streaming service that offers original content and a rotating movie and tv selection. This is to provide variety and as many options to their customers as possible, given what they can negotiate through streaming rights with distributors and rights holders.

Netflix is by design, a service that you browse the selection, not look for specific titles and then complain they don't have Running Man.

CREMSteve

Streaming tech is pure sorcery, plain and simple. Between Netflix and PS Now, it's a crazy world we live in today.

So many advances in such a brief period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom