• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Obscured

Invites sent to GuitarAtomik, Gowans, TheKeyPit and DieselDogRed.

Obscurred, i'm getting an error message when trying to add you, i'll try again come the morning.

Sorry, turns out I'm not the brightest. For the first time in a decade I spelled my own username wrong. (Hopefully I can fix it some day once I get enough zen)

My character name in game is:
Sen Mourotaru@Mouroutaru

Archpath1

Here are a couple protips/advice.

-you can que for dungeons/PvP from start menu just tab over to Ques

-you can buy wards,marks, scrolls from start menu tab over till you see wondrous bazaar-store-consumables

-smart glass works but app must be on, in game chat has to be started for it to work (my experience)
-Or use keyboard as someone mentioned above

-don't forget to get your items from some events (carthaxis Dragon) menu over on top right select success to get your rewards

-theres hope for more inventory space ,you do get another bag (12slot) in the graveyard territory after completing most of the quests

-Feats go up to 20 points after that it's paragon power points (secondary tree), so choose wisely for those, but you can do a reset for Astrals

Will add more as I go

Kadin

Want to get some input on your opinion of the Need/Greed system in this game.

So, the way things are right now as I see them, you either have a usable item that you can roll on or you don't. For example, anything for a specific class that you're not currently playing shows in red and it's an easy decision to 'greed' if you choose to, or 'pass.' There should be no reason to need on it in this scenario. You can't directly use it, therefore you either greed or pass - at least I always do.

But let's say something like a belt or boots come up and they are perfectly usable by you, will you need on them? The reason I ask is because unless I'm missing something, you can't really see how good the item is until you have it in you possession.

Up until now, I've been greeding on everything usable unless it's a blue item and then I need as it's more likely to be an upgrade. But again, I don't know for sure. In other games, you can see all the stats before making this decision but it seems like here, that's not the case.

I can't get into the game right now but is there an option to inspect these items when the loot roll comes up that I'm not seeing? Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something right in front of me... lol

Chucker, pedrothelion, Somnia and Obscured have all been added to the GAF guild, oddly rushv4 i seem to be having issue with you, double check the name is correct and i'll try again later :).

If i missed anyone let me know and one of us will get you in !

Want to get some input on your opinion of the Need/Greed system in this game.

So, the way things are right now as I see them, you either have a usable item that you can roll on or you don't. For example, anything for a specific class that you're not currently playing shows in red and it's an easy decision to 'greed' if you choose to, or 'pass.' There should be no reason to need on it in this scenario. You can't directly use it, therefore you either greed or pass - at least I always do.

But let's say something like a belt or boots come up and they are perfectly usable by you, will you need on them? The reason I ask is because unless I'm missing something, you can't really see how good the item is until you have it in you possession.

Up until now, I've been greeding on everything usable unless it's a blue item and then I need as it's more likely to be an upgrade. But again, I don't know for sure. In other games, you can see all the stats before making this decision but it seems like here, that's not the case.

I can't get into the game right now but is there an option to inspect these items when the loot roll comes up that I'm not seeing? Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something right in front of me... lol

My outstanding policy is pass on all red items, greed on class-generic items, greed on all green-quality class specific items, and need only on rare or better class specifics. I'll probably miss out on some good stuff, but I figure the good karma will work out for me eventually :p

RoKKeR

Could somebody explain the Ability Point thing? I have some powers that I can use constantly but one that is locked behind "ability points" and I have no idea where I can see how many I have/whether or not I can use that particular power.

Kadin

My outstanding policy is pass on all red items, greed on class-generic items, greed on all green-quality class specific items, and need only on rare or better class specifics. I'll probably miss out on some good stuff, but I figure the good karma will work out for me eventually :p
I think that's a good way to go about it for sure. But to my other question, are we rolling on stuff we can't see the actual stats on? So it's all one big guess in the end anyways?

I think that's a good way to go about it for sure. But to my other question, are we rolling on stuff we can't see the actual stats on? So it's all one big guess in the end anyways?

I think you can see the stats on some of it, though I've only grouped up the one time so grain of salt. It's just the unidentified stuff you can't see beforehand.

Archpath1

Could somebody explain the Ability Point thing? I have some powers that I can use constantly but one that is locked behind "ability points" and I have no idea where I can see how many I have/whether or not I can use that particular power.

The action point spell? It's the middle orb that fills up as you fight

Kadin

Basically when you use your main, "At-Will" and "Encounter" abilities, you build up Action Points which slowly builds up that center icon. When it's full, you can then use the "Daily" ability you have set.

There can also be abilities which influence speeding up the acquisition of Action Points as well.

zorbsie

Thanks for adding folks Jacob. I had the same issue trying to add Rush too. I thought maybe the system is case sensitive and switched the v, but no dice.

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to group up and run through some missions.

Chucker

Chucker, pedrothelion, Somnia and Obscured have all been added to the GAF guild, oddly rushv4 i seem to be having issue with you, double check the name is correct and i'll try again later :).

If i missed anyone let me know and one of us will get you in !

Thank you kindly!
Actually it doesn't look like I'm in. Is there something I have to do on my end?

Bsigg12

Can I get a guild invite?

Quinn Urthadar@gamefreak2590

Hurray for random names and a GT from 12 years ago!

Edit: Thank you!

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not but I didn't see anything in the OP.

Is the game cross platform with the PC version? I remember playing the game on PC when it first came out. Wonder how good it's doing now.

Anyone have the list of bonuses for the Dragonborn race? I.E. +2 to which stat(s), resistance to magic or bonus to something (crit %, crit dmg, etc).

I'm considering starting this before I'm TOO far behind the curve but I'd only really be interested in Dragonborn race or perhaps drow.

Anyone have the list of bonuses for the Dragonborn race? I.E. +2 to which stat(s), resistance to magic or bonus to something (crit %, crit dmg, etc).

I'm considering starting this before I'm TOO far behind the curve but I'd only really be interested in Dragonborn race or perhaps drow.

Drow rogue is a fun build, but then I saw some guy who looked almost 100% identical running around with the name Drizzt, so I'm reconsidering some of my life choices.]

As for the Dragonborn, they get some nice stuff.

+5% healing received.

+2 to any(!) 2 stats.

+Dragonborn Fury: 5% chance on attack to apply Dragonborn Fury, increasing Power and Crit by 3%.

Dayum.

Cool, that'll be 75 bucks.

Nah man that's only if you buy the full pack. The basic dragonborn option is only what 2500 which translates into 20 or 25 bucks?

Besides, $$ isn't an issue. If I'm happy with my starting choices I never have to spend other $$. Unlike WoW which charged me $15 a month for 2.5 years. F- that.

zorbsie

Sent invites to Statham and Orca.

I'll be around tomorrow if anyone wants to group up and take down Charthraxis.

Drow rogue is a fun build, but then I saw some guy who looked almost 100% identical running around with the name Drizzt, so I'm reconsidering some of my life choices.]

As for the Dragonborn, they get some nice stuff.

+5% healing received.

+2 to any(!) 2 stats.

+Dragonborn Fury: 5% chance on attack to apply Dragonborn Fury, increasing Power and Crit by 3%.

Dayum.

Actually come to think about it the only really great thing here is the 5% healing received. Some other races get permanent 1% bonus to something. With dragonborn, there's only a 5% chance to get the dragonborn fury proc. So one in 20 attacks will get that 3% bonus to proc. Meanwhile the other 19 get nothing. I'd rather get 1% every time (for a total of 20 attacks with 1% bonus) than to have only a 1 in 20 chance of DB fury proccing. I guess it depends on how long it lasts after it procs. If it procs on say, the 4th or 5th strike but it's a large battle and the proc lasts 30 seconds or something, it could be hugely beneficial. But as a rogue (especially in PvP where you'd be assassinating a single high-value target) it may not be as beneficial as a perma-bonus.

Adding +2 to any 2 stats is great, but if you pick the right race for your class, you'll likely get the +2 to the two stats you would've put it into anyway.

May have to rethink. I'm considering hunter instead of rogue anyway. Those were my first two classes in DAoC and my 2nd and 3rd classes in WoW. Have always liked hunters and rogues.

Logged out after getting my scourge warlock to lvl35. Gone fury DPS build.

Is there anyway to remove the annoying text in the middle of the screen every time someone opens a lockbox and finds a mount?

Logged out after getting my scourge warlock to lvl35. Gone fury DPS build.

Is there anyway to remove the annoying text in the middle of the screen every time someone opens a lockbox and finds a mount?

From what I hear I don't think there is. It's their way of saying "hey you should spend money on these!".

I dunno though since I haven't played yet. Maybe if you can turn off system notifications somewhere in the options?

Dunlop

Just hit level 20, was the quest to see the mount vendor to actually get a mount or just to show you his location?

I got paged for work at the same time and missed the text when I found the dude lol

Hellers

You should have a token that lets you rent one but mostly it was just to show you where he was (And after that where the Zen store is)

I did that the other day just got profession stuff and the gems you put in items.

I did the same. purchased the 1000 zen and got the enchanted keys.

Opened about 8 boxes and got nothing really interesting. Which is annoying when every 10 seconds or so you get a big wall of text on the screen "character name received a drake mount"

This game needs some enhanced UI options as at present everything is just to big and takes up too much screen space.

zorbsie

I did that the other day just got profession stuff and the gems you put in items.

Finally cracked and bought some keys. Got a Rage Drake on my first box so that's neat.

I did the same. purchased the 1000 zen and got the enchanted keys.

You guys are killing me. I told myself I wouldn't spend money on keys. Now I'm thinking I'll buy some when I log on later today. :)

This game needs some enhanced UI options as at present everything is just to big and takes up too much screen space.

This. I would love an option to turn off the HUD. Or fade it out when not in combat.

Actually come to think about it the only really great thing here is the 5% healing received. Some other races get permanent 1% bonus to something. With dragonborn, there's only a 5% chance to get the dragonborn fury proc. So one in 20 attacks will get that 3% bonus to proc. Meanwhile the other 19 get nothing. I'd rather get 1% every time (for a total of 20 attacks with 1% bonus) than to have only a 1 in 20 chance of DB fury proccing. I guess it depends on how long it lasts after it procs. If it procs on say, the 4th or 5th strike but it's a large battle and the proc lasts 30 seconds or something, it could be hugely beneficial. But as a rogue (especially in PvP where you'd be assassinating a single high-value target) it may not be as beneficial as a perma-bonus.

Adding +2 to any 2 stats is great, but if you pick the right race for your class, you'll likely get the +2 to the two stats you would've put it into anyway.

May have to rethink. I'm considering hunter instead of rogue anyway. Those were my first two classes in DAoC and my 2nd and 3rd classes in WoW. Have always liked hunters and rogues.

I was actually thinking that the +bonus to healing would make them a great tank class, honestly. The extra damage would just be a nice bonus.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Maintenance

Neverwinter Xbox Scheduled Maintenance - 4/7 6AM PDT (Pacific)

Greetings adventurers! We will be having our weekly scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Xbox will now be on Tuesday, while PC will be on Thursday) starting at 6AM PDT. Estimated downtime is roughly 4.5 hours due to account server and network maintenance. Neverwinter Xbox Maintenance will occur simultaneously with Neverwinter PC.

~Patch notes~

- Players will earn double Astral Diamonds until 4/13!

I'm not sure if I need to be happy or worry about double amount of astral diamonds.

Matriox

I'm not home right now, but the ID for adding to guilds is your charactersname@gamertag right?

Randy@Yumlet

I'll take an invite assuming this is the correct format.

Walshicus

Does the Xbox version share chat servers with the PC version? I remember that the PC Neverwinter was able to chat with players in Star Trek Online - would be cool to get a cross game, cross platform chat going.

I decided to reroll a new character and ended up choosing a Dwarf Cleric. And I am having way more fun playing this character than the Great Warrior class. The cleric is a fun class that does some decent damage and has some great healing options. Figured it might be the best option since I plan on soloing most of the game. (I hate people)

We need to get some groups together for some dungeon runs soon!

Does the Xbox version share chat servers with the PC version? I remember that the PC Neverwinter was able to chat with players in Star Trek Online - would be cool to get a cross game, cross platform chat going.

Doubt it, hardly anyone talks so it can't be cross chat.

Top Bottom