• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Ferny

It's a shame we're not getting the Elemental Evil expansion until later in the year. It looks ace.

It's one of the main reasons I went back to the PC version after getting a rogue back up to lvl 15 on the X1 version. I also missed more of the social aspects as its a lot harder for most people to stop, type on the xbox controller, and keep playing.

Started toying around with this with some friends and I rather enjoy it, suprisingly :D Feel free to shoot me guild invite

Hooritsumaru@Sir Rugdumph
Lvl 18 Scourge Warlock

FrsDvl

Is there any way to get some Zen without paying for it? I'd like to open some chests, but not sure if I want to spend money on the game yet..

Is there any way to get some Zen without paying for it? I'd like to open some chests, but not sure if I want to spend money on the game yet..

There's an exchange where you can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen. You get Diamonds for a bunch of stuff, mostly dailies and hourly invocations. Soft cap at 24,000 a day, current exchange rate is around 120 diamonds/zen, so you could get 200 zen a day, if you're dedicated/crazy.

Kadin

You can exchange AD for Zen. Last I looked (yesterday) it was going for around 105 AD for 1 Zen.

FrsDvl

There's an exchange where you can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen. You get Diamonds for a bunch of stuff, mostly dailies and hourly invocations. Soft cap at 24,000 a day, current exchange rate is around 120 diamonds/zen, so you could get 200 zen a day, if you're dedicated/crazy.

You can exchange AD for Zen. Last I looked (yesterday) it was going for around 105 AD for 1 Zen.

That seems like it would take a long time, lol.

Maybe I'll just buy some

The exchange market for zen coins, how exactly does it work?

Like, do I put up how much I am willing to pay for zen and hope someone buys it from me using store bought zen?

Eric WK

The bonus AD is purely to manipulate the exchange rate for Zen. Take advantage of the low prices while you can, guys.

Annoying that the devs are trying to force up the zen price like that, guess they really want to force people's hands to pay real cash, which I can't blame them but eh.

Might blow all my crystals on zen when I can.

CeeSaw

Alright so I hit level 18 and am feeling like I got most of the basics down. But one thing I wonder is what I should be doing in terms of dailies? I know about the dungeons and the keys but can they be used in any dungeon? Is there anything else to get more AD?

Kadin

The bonus AD is purely to manipulate the exchange rate for Zen. Take advantage of the low prices while you can, guys.

Annoying that the devs are trying to force up the zen price like that, guess they really want to force people's hands to pay real cash, which I can't blame them but eh.

Might blow all my crystals on zen when I can.
I wasn't even tempted to buy Zen at the 100per price, if it goes up I'll just be that more resistant to it. I guess the fact that I don't have an issue with buying it as needed directly from the shop is why. I just see myself possibly buying a mount and another bag and those are already so high, trading AD for Zen would take me far too long at the rate I'm playing.

edit: looks like the new ETA on maintenance is 12:30PT. Ugh.

Eric WK

Alright so I hit level 18 and am feeling like I got most of the basics down. But one thing I wonder is what I should be doing in terms of dailies? I know about the dungeons and the keys but can they be used in any dungeon? Is there anything else to get more AD?

Level the leadership profession. Many of the tasks give AD.

ShogunX

I wasn't even tempted to buy Zen at the 100per price, if it goes up I'll just be that more resistant to it. I guess the fact that I don't have an issue with buying it as needed directly from the shop is why. I just see myself possibly buying a mount and another bag and those are already so high, trading AD for Zen would take me far too long at the rate I'm playing.

edit: looks like the new ETA on maintenance is 12:30PThttps://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/585484251459649538. Ugh.

Just managed to log in, I'm in the Enclave now.

WizzNARD

So I know we'll be getting Module 6 at some point this year, but any idea on when we would be getting the other Modules? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Xbox would be getting those as well.

Really enjoying the game so far! Mulling over asking for a guild invite, play with some other non gaffers and debating on starting one with them or joining the Gaf crew here. Are non gaffer allowed, was that decided on yet?

Does anyone know if the Binding is account or character? I have an awesome artifact on my first character, but I really want to give it to my second character. Does the Bind mean you can't even trade between your own characters or is it just bound to your account?

I've got myself into the habit of not picking up white items or red unuseable items unless I am money farming, but honestly all the misc gear sells for well right now at level 30.

B3N1

Guys, can I get an invite to the GAF Guild too? :)

Sameen Shaw@HUN B3N1
Lv 24 Great Weapon Fighter

About inventory: I figured that the runes take up so much space that as soon as I get one, I use it. This way it's not that bad. I also just got the Artifact that summons a trader, couldn't try it because of the maintenance but I guess that's gonna help some.

zorbsie

Servers seem like they are back up. Invites sent out to: Matriox, dB Viper, Sir Rugdumph and B3N1. Guild is almost 50 strong! Nice.

I've got myself into the habit of not picking up white items or red unuseable items unless I am money farming, but honestly all the misc gear sells for well right now at level 30.

Haha, that is something I don't understand. I pick up and sell EVERYTHING in these types of games. I am compelled to, like I have no power over it.

Servers seem like they are back up. Invites sent out to: Matriox, dB Viper, Sir Rugdumph and B3N1. Guild is almost 50 strong! Nice.

Do you need to send an invite to my new character? Or are guilds account wide?

Iceman829

I think I do. Just checked the guild list and it only has your first character.

Could I trouble you to invite my other character? Iceman@Iceman829

I realized when I switched last night to my other character and tried to type in the guild that I wasn't in it.

It doesn't seem like there's a way to mess with the key bindings? That's unfortunate. Using the shield as a guardian fighter is so clunky and I wish I could bind it to left trigger + have the option to hold the button down rather than a toggle.

zorbsie

Could I trouble you to invite my other character? Iceman@Iceman829

I realized when I switched last night to my other character and tried to type in the guild that I wasn't in it.

Don't worry about it dude. Invite sent.

Edit: Got booted from server after I sent that. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Tarahiro

Just done Cloak again. Met 1 guy outside so we were chatting a bit and doing emotes and stuff while waiting for the queue to get us some more people. When we got inside everything was fine and then eventually he died because he ended up away from the rest of us, couldn't handle the enemies and ended up respawning far away so we all ran back to rescue him. Took longer than I planned to finish the dungeon but it was made even more fun because of unexpected rescue mission :p

Really enjoying this game!

Just done Cloak again. Met 1 guy outside so we were chatting a bit and doing emotes and stuff while waiting for the queue to get us some more people. When we got inside everything was fine and then eventually he died because he ended up away from the rest of us, couldn't handle the enemies and ended up respawning far away so we all ran back to rescue him. Took longer than I planned to finish the dungeon but it was made even more fun because of unexpected rescue mission :p

Really enjoying this game!

How do you do emotes? I haven't seen the option.

Leveled up my dog to 15, now to progress to a better version of dog I need to pay 200,000 shards or some shit, lol.

First annoying thing in this game so far for me, that's a lot.

*edit* the higher level I go the more bullshit PVP becomes, I think this is going to have to wait until level 60 before anything feels balanced.

Ferny

Leveled up my dog to 15, now to progress to a better version of dog I need to pay 200,000 shards or some shit, lol.

First annoying thing in this game so far for me, that's a lot.

*edit* the higher level I go the more bullshit PVP becomes, I think this is going to have to wait until level 60 before anything feels balanced.

Once you get to the higher levels and start doing the daily skirmishes and dungeons and taking advantage of the hourly events, the ADs start to add up. I have over 1mil on the PC version and thats without doing a ton of leadership quests and all that.

WizzNARD

I'm sure this is wishful thinking, but has there been any improvements to frame rate and performance after the maintenance? I assume not since nothing was mentioned, just hoping more than anything.

Top Bottom