• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

TheKeyPit

Banned
Completed my first quests in Ebon Down yesterday. Chartilifax's health bar popped up. A friend and I thought we should check on him. There were 10 minutes left to kill him and we were about 5-6 people trying to down him. After a couple of minutes others joined and we were about 10 people. As his health was nearing zero, excitement built up and then we finally finished him with a minute left. This felt so gooooood xD

PS: Still didn't have the chance to team up against Charthraxis.

PS2: Some of the pricing in the auction house is just ridiculous.

Cipher

People weren't kidding about the wait times for the dungeons as a cleric. Found a group right after I started searching.

People weren't kidding about the wait times for the dungeons as a cleric. Found a group right after I started searching.

Cleric's are definitely needed for the higher dungeons such as pirate king and icespire.

I usually have to wait about 30mins+ being a scourge warlock

Hellers

I've been getting instant queues as a cleric and 5-10 mins as a guardian fighter rather oddly. You'd have thought tanks would be in demand too. Mind you normally in the Cloak tower we don't actually have a tank most of the time.

And the Cleric is a blast of a class to play as. Seriously might be one of the best classes in the game, so versatile. I can do pretty good damage and heal the shit out of people!

zorbsie

Wait times as a great weapon fighter have been terrible. So much so, that I don't want to do daily dungeons anymore. I've waited 30 to 45 minutes for one. And sometimes the dungeon doesn't load and I have to start the process again. Skirmishes on the hand have almost zero wait times. Crazy.

MasterLeePhD, Invite sent over to you. You had the format the wrong way around. :)

Also sent an invite over to faer0n.

faer0n

Also sent an invite over to faer0n.

perfect, thanks.

did the wolf den yesterday with 3 randoms. i died right before the boss was dead and no one revived me in time. after my respawn i wasn'table to open the chest, but i got the ingame achievement for defeating the boss.
is this a bug?

And the Cleric is a blast of a class to play as. Seriously might be one of the best classes in the game, so versatile. I can do pretty good damage and heal the shit out of people!

High level play has clerics doing very little besides putting dots on enemies and healing. I do minimal damage in high level dungeons, but am healing for 3+ million in each dungeon. Solo play doesn't seem bad until you realize that the things you're doing "good" damage to and kill in ~1 minute are enemies that basically every other class kills in 10-20 seconds. Just 2 cents from a 60 cleric that is tuned specifically for healing.

perfect, thanks.

did the wolf den yesterday with 3 randoms. i died right before the boss was dead and no one revived me in time. after my respawn i wasn'table to open the chest, but i got the ingame achievement for defeating the boss.
is this a bug?

Did you have an available dungeon key? I haven't died in a dungeon boss fight without a wipe since I'm the cleric. That's just the nature of the beast :/

High level play has clerics doing very little besides putting dots on enemies and healing. I do minimal damage in high level dungeons, but am healing for 3+ million in each dungeon. Solo play doesn't seem bad until you realize that the things you're doing "good" damage to and kill in ~1 minute are enemies that basically every other class kills in 10-20 seconds. Just 2 cents from a 60 cleric that is tuned specifically for healing.

Good to know, since I have always enjoyed playing the medic class in online games. I have some skills that do a bit of damage, but I have been slowly replacing them with healing and status affect/dot stuff like you said. It is still a great character to play as and I LOVE that slide.

flkraven

The long waits for dungeons are crap. I can have a party of 4 which is well balanced with a tank, 2 dps, and a cleric, and it will still take 15 minutes to fill the 5th slot.

Hellers

How does healer play work once you start climbing the levels? Could you talk us through how you go about healing in a dungeon at those levels? I'm planning on making my Cleric my main so I'd be very interested in seeing what I have to come.

@Zorbsie. I don't think there are any class requirements on a skirmish. I did the one where you assault the castle on Saturday and we didn't have a tank or healer. Just 5 dps.

Somnia

I'm going to re-make my character so I'll need another invite to the guild. I'll post tonight when I delete/re-create. Just not feeling the class I picked.

In nearly every group I have been with for dungeons and such I have always been at the top for damage delt, I know i'm a trickster rogue but still, sometimes i'm doing double that of second place lol.

Special C

I'm pretty sure I got screwed out of some "Cult Secrets" campaign rewards. The rewards screen said I was supposed to get them but I never got them.

I think I've decided not to fool with the campaign until level 60 now anyway. I want to expereince all the quest content and I'm already dangerously close to be overleveled all the time.

NH Apache

Banned
I'm pretty sure I got screwed out of some "Cult Secrets" campaign rewards. The rewards screen said I was supposed to get them but I never got them.

I think I've decided not to fool with the campaign until level 60 now anyway. I want to expereince all the quest content and I'm already dangerously close to be overleveled all the time.

I'm consistently a few levels below the quests I'm doing and I'm still mopping up as hunter/ranger.

Eric WK

How does healer play work once you start climbing the levels? Could you talk us through how you go about healing in a dungeon at those levels? I'm planning on making my Cleric my main so I'd be very interested in seeing what I have to come

Depends on your build. I'm doing T1 dungeons now with a mitigation build that takes the final feat in the Virtuous tree that heals for less but builds a pool of healing for each player for when they drop below 40% or whatever. Basically I tag each mob with Astral Seal, drop Astral Shield, heal as necessary and then when someone gets hit with spike damage they're topped off automatically. The biggest challenges are positioning and awareness because in PUGs, with a lot of people new to MMORPGs on Xbox, DPS doesn't care about adds or if they do, they draw aggro and run in circles rather than to the tank.

I think the biggest thing for my enjoyment of the game as a healer going forward is going to be guild/group runs.

Also if you go Anointed Champion and spec for healing or mitigation, expect soloing to be a hassle even with offensive powers equipped, at least at the beginning. I did the Ghost Stories daily today and it took probably three to four times as long as I suspect it would take a DPS class.

Ok I can't seem to join a group with my friend without the game lagging up or getting the server not responding text but random queues groups work fine.

How does healer play work once you start climbing the levels? Could you talk us through how you go about healing in a dungeon at those levels? I'm planning on making my Cleric my main so I'd be very interested in seeing what I have to come.

@Zorbsie. I don't think there are any class requirements on a skirmish. I did the one where you assault the castle on Saturday and we didn't have a tank or healer. Just 5 dps.

My play style changes based on that of my team most times. I am almost always skating around burst healing while pushing enemies that happen to agro to me away (or off edges for instant deaths) with Sun Burst. I've seen that some people dislike the skills that spread enemies out like Sun Burst does, but I'm primarily using it when I'm the agro target, I run the enemies into the center of the dps group and use it to disband the enemies while burst healing the dps. My paragon tree is focused on healing attributes and that's it, do damage whatsoever. As far as my other mapped abilities, I have Astral Seal on LT, Lance of Faith on RT, Healing Word on Y, Bastion of Health on B, Divine Armor on LB+X, Hallowed Ground on LB+Y. I'm not saying these are the best skills for the class, but they seem to work well for me and my play style. I might be removing Bastion of Health or Sun Burst for Exaltation to see how that works out. Bastion of Health is a great skill to have, but I may not need it with the Exaltation feat bonus Prestugious Exaltation that grants further bonus healing... Sun Burst is my personal get out of a sticky situation skill, I use L3 to skate as needed, but if I need to dodge and don't have the stamina being able to throw enemies away is a boon I don't want to give up. In normal dungeon play I'm hitting high HP enemies with the Astral Seal for bonus damage and healing for those doing damage on them, then skating around the battle keeping people above half health essentially. I'm killing nearly no enemies in dungeons, usually those I kill are at low health and are killed by my Bursts, and by logic doing very little damage, but am also taking the least damage and constantly healing for 3M+ HP a dungeon.

Edit: PS - DPS, do the world a favor, please kill adds when fighting bosses first, they are the most aggravating thing for healers to have to maneuver and are most often the cause of a wipe in my experience. The adds kill me, then the rest fall like dominos.

dB Viper

They claimed this morning ZEN will appear in your account after logging in and that issues were fixed. I tried to login this morning and of course, Live was down due to Hackers. Sigh.

Can anyone confirm?

statham

tried to do charthraxis, but when I reached the location, the game froze for about 20 seconds, and when it came around, I was dead. I just hit level 31, so all my injury kits were no good. Went ahead and abandoned mission, now it won't let me do it again for 13 hours...

tried to do charthraxis, but when I reached the location, the game froze for about 20 seconds, and when it came around, I was dead. I just hit level 31, so all my injury kits were no good. Went ahead and abandoned mission, now it won't let me do it again for 13 hours...

the loading spikes or what ever they are, super annoying.

The dragon in that location respawns every 20 minutes when the event is on for him to appear, sometimes he is not present so you can just jump between servers in the pause menu and check again.

If the quest was a blue one it's a daily, had no idea abandoning a quest left it disabled for the day.

statham

the loading spikes or what ever they are, super annoying.

The dragon in that location respawns every 20 minutes when the event is on for him to appear, sometimes he is not present so you can just jump between servers in the pause menu and check again.

If the quest was a blue one it's a daily, had no idea abandoning a quest left it disabled for the day.

I just went to the location and joined up with a 2 randoms, died 3 times, didn't even come close. :( I'll try again after I level up a couple more times with a full party.

edit: just noticed its recommended for 6-10 players, I didn't stand a chance.

Ricker

Installing now.

Can't not do so when it's free.

Cleric badassery here I come. Always heal in an MMO.

Healing is different a bit in this one though, but you should get the hang of it pretty fast,great tips on healing by SicSemperTyrannis above...

glad to see the XBox version enjoying success,I thought this MMO on PC was great for a F2P...

Hey guys! This is my first post. I have been playing this in my off time. I have 4 month old twins and its pretty hard to do anything that does not involve them. I love them though! Anyway I've been followin this thread(lurking) and it got me to download Neverwinter. Honestly I really like the game. I have never been an MMO person but it just feels so easy the xbox one. I am playing with a lvl 16 Human Guardian Fighter. I have no idea what I am doing but what I gather it seems to be the tank class. I just did the cloak tower dungeon. It was fun. Anyway just wanted to say "Hey" and I'll be around this thread!

Welfare

Finally started to play this and I'm liking it so far.

Power went off during the Crown mission at the beginning. Do I have to start the mission over or is there a checkpoint system?

Iceman829

Hey guys! This is my first post. I have been playing this in my off time. I have 4 month old twins and its pretty hard to do anything that does not involve them. I love them though! Anyway I've been followin this thread(lurking) and it got me to download Neverwinter. Honestly I really like the game. I have never been an MMO person but it just feels so easy the xbox one. I am playing with a lvl 16 Human Guardian Fighter. I have no idea what I am doing but what I gather it seems to be the tank class. I just did the cloak tower dungeon. It was fun. Anyway just wanted to say "Hey" and I'll be around this thread!

The game is really enjoyable to me. I find the combat fun and the game is just relaxing. I play with my one buddy every night and a few other people from gaf from time to time depending on our schedules. It's nice to play solo or co-op. The content isn't too difficult when you have a few people on the same page. If you haven't done so yet, you should join the guild. Just post your ingamename@gamertag. There isn't always a lot of chat going on, but I've been able to gather some folks from time to time around my level for activities.

statham

don't always go with 'recommended', it just tried to recommend me a uniform that was negative in 3 areas, and no positives.

any easy way to gain 300,000 diamonds? my side kick is max-out, but I kinda like him.

daily pvp/dungeon/raids and the daily/weekly missions from one of the female knights in the town somewhere near the top, if there's more dailies i've not found them yet or remember where.

And prair three times a day, you get about 3000 from that alone.

Iceman829

any easy way to gain 300,000 diamonds? my side kick is max-out, but I kinda like him.

I've only been getting astral diamonds by doing dailies and through leadership training. I have 2 characters, so when I have time to play them both I can accumulate a decent share of astral diamonds. I'm not really too sure of any other easy way at this point. I think you need to grind them one way or another.

edit: slain by diablo

Theorry

What is the resolution for this game? Do we know that? I like the game its fun. But the res feels like 720p with low settings.

Bsigg12

So if it's 720p the game isn't fun anymore?

Breh if it doesn't have all the p's it's never fun. /s

What level do people suggest I look into taking care of the dragon at Ebon Downs at? I was with some randoms last night all around 40-43 and we got destroyed.

Top Bottom