• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

The fucking lag makes the game unplayable now. I quit, I can't do anything, the lag is just game ruining and the people responsible for developing this game obviously don't give a damn.If they did they would find solutions to combat the lag. No other MMO lags this much, even the shitty defiance never lags when you have 50+ people all shooting in 1 area. But in Neverwinter more then 1 person fighting causes the game to crash.

I keep hearing about all these problems with lag but I have yet to really have it affect me that badly. There are times when it hangs for a couple of seconds, but it is pretty rare for me (maybe once an hour at most). I have had maybe 2 or 3 timeouts in the entire time I have played the game.

I know it has issues, but I guess I am lucky that I haven't seen the bad ones yet.

PhatSaqs

Banned
The fucking lag makes the game unplayable now. I quit, I can't do anything, the lag is just game ruining and the people responsible for developing this game obviously don't give a damn.If they did they would find solutions to combat the lag. No other MMO lags this much, even the shitty defiance never lags when you have 50+ people all shooting in 1 area. But in Neverwinter more then 1 person fighting causes the game to crash.
Have you tried a hard reset? Worked for me when I was experiencing a ton of lagginess.

I like Halflings in MMOs and Healers, how "bad" will the endgame be for me as a halfling devoted cl? Been recently looking at guides and they are all pointing at other races.

I like Halflings in MMOs and Healers, how "bad" will the endgame be for me as a halfling devoted cl? Been recently looking at guides and they are all pointing at other races.

I am a Dwarf cleric, and my first character was a Halfling Great Fighter thing. I say choose what you want and fuck min/maxing all the time. Just play how you want to play and go from there. I can't believe the game would let you become worthless just because you picked the wrong race/class combo.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I almost got a level 5 enchantment. But the upgrade failed. Super bummed about that.

Edit: Just saw the skeleton dog companion. That does look awesome.

Also sent invite to GodzillatheGreat.

I stopped caring about upgrading enchantments and bought lvl 6 enchantments for all my gear.

ShogunX

60+ Gift of the gods and still no cloak. Got an absolute shit ton of Rank 4 gems and a single gift that resets your praying for the day.

Hopefully I get one soon :(

TheKeyPit

Banned
Someone else having problems with sending messages? I sent a message with two mercenaries from my 2nd character to my first character, but the message didn't get to my first character. The mercenaries are lost.

Check sending messages before the same happens to you.

Update: Message was delivered with a delay. *sigh*

Hammer24

Banned
Did you do any of the Linkletter chain? It might be you need to go back to one of the locations from that like the Linkletter house.

I´m through with the Linkletter chain. Yesterday randomly a new quest popped up, where at the end I could choose one from three talismans - and since then nothing again.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
I'm still learning the basics. Runestones are for companions. Enhancements are for gear. I bought some rank 6 runestones off the AH for cheap. I'm hoping it helps my companions stay alive. I've also been refining my artifact with all the low tier enhancements that drop. I really like my man at arms but i don't want to spend cash to get 300,000 AD to upgrade him. I'm probably wait for a better tank companion to pop in the zen store. I don't mind spending cash on the game since i'm enjoying it. I can see myself playing for a long time especially if they put out new modules over time.

Orca

60+ Gift of the gods and still no cloak. Got an absolute shit ton of Rank 4 gems and a single gift that resets your praying for the day.

Hopefully I get one soon :(

What's the point of the cloak? I got one last night. It's just a transmute?

Special C

Whoa, I got Pants in the Drow Dungeon the other day that had stats. I didn't know you could get stats for your "undergarments" What's an easy way for me to get a shirt with stats?

Also I got a sword that has a different kind of enchatment slot thats sort of pink. How do I get those.

Delryk

Whoa, I got Pants in the Drow Dungeon the other day that had stats. I didn't know you could get stats for your "undergarments" What's an easy way for me to get a shirt with stats?

Also I got a sword that has a different kind of enchatment slot thats sort of pink. How do I get those.

i think with my leatherworker i can make tunics and pants with stats and im only lvl 5... guessing these stats can become quite handy at higher lvl.. :)

Need a guild invite if possible please!

Delryk Ironfist@Delryk

zorbsie

i think with my leatherworker i can make tunics and pants with stats and im only lvl 5... guessing these stats can become quite handy at higher lvl.. :)

Need a guild invite if possible please!

Delryk Ironfist@Delryk

Invite sent over to you.
I didn't know that about the leatherworker. I only have a level 2 leatherworker. Time to level him up.

Orca

Went into Icespire Peak and got to Grast the Gut Cruncher. Got him down and he froze into a block of ice, started healing up. Went up the ramp and got to one gem that was healing him and took it out, but died in the second fight against him. Do I need to do that fight three times?

I should take a group lol

Epic dungeons drop the rare blue enchantments, usually one per boss.
They come ready to be upgraded and you require about 4 of the same type.
They have a very low success rate for upgrading so get a coalescent ward to guarantee success

Archpath1

Hit 60 yesterday got like 3 epics wooo woop

Dungeons were tough without a healer at least for the bosses

But anyone else ready to get some epics hit me up

Getting annoyed with the kicking out of dungeon runs.
Queue for ages. Get invited and then kicked.

Got invited to a dungeon the other night that were using mics. I got kicked but could still hear them talking. I could hear the other warlock asking why I got kicked when I had a better armour score than he did.

Getting annoyed with the kicking out of dungeon runs.
Queue for ages. Get invited and then kicked.

Got invited to a dungeon the other night that were using mics. I got kicked but could still hear them talking. I could hear the other warlock asking why I got kicked when I had a better armour score than he did.

The voting system is ridiculous in this game. My hunter ranger has a gear score of 8500 and I get kicked out of epic dungeons with a required score of 5700 constantly.

I also got kicked when the boss died so I couldn't open the chest.

What is going on? I'm new to this genre. Is this normal?

Special C

Just found out about active companion bonuses. I guess I might as well buy all the ones you can buy with gold and slot them in for now.

statham

Just found out about active companion bonuses. I guess I might as well buy all the ones you can buy with gold and slot them in for now.

I JUST found out you pluses for wearing regular clothes, Level 41, nobody sells regular clothes so I bidded on some auctions. I've always left those two slots empty.

zorbsie

Need a group to do "The Throne of Idris" dungeon. I'm too high a level (42) to do this with queues. The dungeon is rated 38. I'm free pretty much all the time. :) Anyone want to help me out?

Topper, sent over an invite.

Iceman829

Need a group to do "The Throne of Idris" dungeon. I'm too high a level (42) to do this with queues. The dungeon is rated 38. I'm free pretty much all the time. :) Anyone want to help me out?

Not sure if I deleted the quest or not, but I have a 49? Great Weapon Fighter. If my friend is on we play as our Guardian Fighter / Scourge Warlock combo level 40 currently. If I see you on when we play at night I'll send a message.

I have a lvl45 Cleric and I missed doing that dungeon I think, so I am down to get it done tonight if you are free. I should be playing pretty much all night (EST) tonight.

zorbsie

Not sure if I deleted the quest or not, but I have a 49? Great Weapon Fighter. If my friend is on we play as our Guardian Fighter / Scourge Warlock combo level 40 currently. If I see you on when we play at night I'll send a message.

I have a lvl45 Cleric and I missed doing that dungeon I think, so I am down to get it done tonight if you are free. I should be playing pretty much all night (EST) tonight.

Thanks guys that would be awesome! I'll be on around 7:30EST for a bit and then around 9ish after I put the kids to bed.

Topper

Thanks for the invite, having alot of fun in this game so far, took down charthraxis last night it was pretty intense, loving couch MMO.

zorbsie

Thanks to Iceman and his buddy last night for helping me out on that dungeon. Was nice to actually talk to people while in a dungeon. On another note, we lucked out on the random that joined our game. He had a mic and never once yelled at us.

Now I have to get my character up to 60. Doing missions with others is where it's at. Seems like epic dungeons will need a lot of cooperation with group members.

Thanks to Iceman and his buddy last night for helping me out on that dungeon. Was nice to actually talk to people while in a dungeon. On another note, we lucked out on the random that joined our game. He had a mic and never once yelled at us.

Now I have to get my character up to 60. Doing missions with others is where it's at. Seems like epic dungeons will need a lot of cooperation with group members.

Damn, I am sad I missed it. I played pretty much all night until Liz got home around 9. So if you are on tonight before 9ish, I will be on. Would be nice to do some dungeons with people you can talk to and who know what they are doing.

flkraven

Ran my first level 60 dungeon. Got a purple shield from the chest, which means my GF's gear score is already past the reqs for the Tier 2 dungeons. Should I jump into the Tier 2's or should I build up more gear from the Tier 1's? I think I should build better gear, but I don't want to waste time.

Top Bottom