• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

zorbsie

Could I get an invite to the GAF Guild? I really don't play as much as I should but I'd love to be included!

XBL- ssinisterss
Character name is "CynisterV2"

Thank you and see you in game!

Invite sent. Hopefully this will get you back into the game more. :)

Iceman829

Invite sent.

The bank has a few slots open right away. I found some items can't be shared through the bank. I had to send the item through mail. Not sure why that was the case though.

I got to another group dungeon I'm overleveled for. So I'm looking for folks to do it with me. Dungeon is "Into the wolf den" it's a level 41 quest. Doesn't anyone want to hook up and tackle this with me later today?

I'll be happy to help with the dungeon. I'm currently leveling up a cleric and might be at that level later on. I'll bring whatever we need to fill out the party.

PS: Please invite my new character: Seiryu @ Iceman829

edit: Every time I hear this guy in the game say "I have one word for you" I keep on thinking he says bitches

So whats with the Shards of "X" enchantments you get in epic dungeons? Looks like I can combine 4 shards to create an enchantment for my weapon but the chance is only 1%? So you need about 400 shards to get an enchantment on average? That can't be right.

You have to get a coalescent ward to increase the percentage to 100% guaranteed, which has an incredibly low drop rate, or can be purchased on the zen marketplace for too much fake (or real) money.

I did my first epic dungeon last night. We kept wiping on the boss until a healer joined. What a difference a cleric makes. We smoked that boss so fast. I didn't get a T1 armor piece though. Getting enough seals of the unicorn for a full armor set is going to take a long time.

You'll be surprised how quickly the seals come flowing in. I have almost full T1 and majority of it is from seals and only 2-3 pieces from chests in dungeons.

zorbsie

I'll be happy to help with the dungeon. I'm currently leveling up a cleric and might be at that level later on. I'll bring whatever we need to fill out the party.

PS: Please invite my new character: Seiryu @ Iceman829

Thanks dude. I'll be on and off all day, if I see you on we'll try and get a group together.

Sent invite too.

Dr.Wampe

Howdie Folks,

Level 60 dedicated Cleric wants to join the GafGuild ;) Can someone invite me?

XbTag ist Dr.Wampe and the CharName is Harzinger.

Thanks in advance

So whats with the Shards of "X" enchantments you get in epic dungeons? Looks like I can combine 4 shards to create an enchantment for my weapon but the chance is only 1%? So you need about 400 shards to get an enchantment on average? That can't be right.

A ward is available for 1000 Zen. (10 USD/ 10 EUR),

zorbsie

Can you buy more companions in the town or are all extra companions limited to the zen market?

There are extra companions you can buy in PE. It's in a building. There are companions you can buy with astral diamonds or gold.

Thanks again to Iceman and Shortt Sirket. Had a blast running around with you guys. I swear I'll be level 60 soon. :)

Orca

Picked up my chest and arms last night, but kept getting vote kicked from groups as soon as I joined, even though I was 1500+ over the required. Not sure what that's about but maybe I need to ask in guild more lol

Iceman829

There are extra companions you can buy in PE. It's in a building. There are companions you can buy with astral diamonds or gold.

Thanks again to Iceman and Shortt Sirket. Had a blast running around with you guys. I swear I'll be level 60 soon. :)

Anytime man. I'll see if I can finish leveling these other characters to 60 before you get there :)

Picked up my chest and arms last night, but kept getting vote kicked from groups as soon as I joined, even though I was 1500+ over the required. Not sure what that's about but maybe I need to ask in guild more lol

People just being douches in mmos. Oh thanks for doing all the work, but now we are going to replace you with our buddy or some other class because we can. It seems like a fair amount of people in our guild are 60 now and we can probably group up to avoid bad groups.

On the side note when I was with zorbs and sirket we were talking about how we read about people grinding out level 60 dungeons for those tokens you get for killing bosses and then buying gear that equips for tier 2 dungeons instead of having to do tier 1s.

Invite sent.

The bank has a few slots open right away. I found some items can't be shared through the bank. I had to send the item through mail. Not sure why that was the case though.

I got to another group dungeon I'm overleveled for. So I'm looking for folks to do it with me. Dungeon is "Into the wolf den" it's a level 41 quest. Doesn't anyone want to hook up and tackle this with me later today?

Thanks for the invite.

Quick question for those that have been around. I can't find a way to text-chat in-game using the controller. Am I gonna need a USB keyboard?

And yeah the vote-kick thing needs to be changed. It should require at a minimum a universal group vote from all 4 people. That way you can at least take ONE friend with you and know you're not going to get vote-kicked right before the final boss by a bunch of douche bags.

I'm playing an ice-focused control wizard and I was crowd-controlling the shit outta the adds that these idiots kept bringing through doors during the fights in CT when I was level 17 last night. Some brain dead player in our group actually pulled the boss from downstairs all the way to the top of the stairs, bringing all his buddies with him, while we were fighting 4 or 5 other mobs up top. The kid died, of course, so I area-iced the boss and all its buddies and kited them around the room while the other 3 guys mopped up the rest and rezzed him. As soon as we get all the adds taken care of and start fighting the boss, after I'd busted my ass for 5-10 minutes kiting everthing around the room to save our group, the fucktards vote-kicked ME. Like I was the idiot that brought the boss upstairs or something.

I'm not qeueing with randoms anymore without at least 2 friends with me to avoid vote-kicks. Fuck that garbage.

Iceman829

Thanks for the invite.

Quick question for those that have been around. I can't find a way to text-chat in-game using the controller. Am I gonna need a USB keyboard?

And yeah the vote-kick thing needs to be changed. It should require at a minimum a universal group vote from all 4 people. That way you can at least take ONE friend with you and know you're not going to get vote-kicked right before the final boss by a bunch of douche bags.

I'm playing an ice-focused control wizard and I was crowd-controlling the shit outta the adds that these idiots kept bringing through doors during the fights in CT when I was level 17 last night. Some brain dead player in our group actually pulled the boss from downstairs all the way to the top of the stairs, bringing all his buddies with him, while we were fighting 4 or 5 other mobs up top. The kid died, of course, so I area-iced the boss and all its buddies and kited them around the room while the other 3 guys mopped up the rest and rezzed him. As soon as we get all the adds taken care of and start fighting the boss, after I'd busted my ass for 5-10 minutes kiting everthing around the room to save our group, the fucktards vote-kicked ME. Like I was the idiot that brought the boss upstairs or something.

I'm not qeueing with randoms anymore without at least 2 friends with me to avoid vote-kicks. Fuck that garbage.

LB + Down, then press x to enter value and that brings up a keyboard on the screen. Most random groups don't know how to handle crowd control or just attack enemies together. They just run all over and then complain when they die.

LB + Down, then press x to enter value and that brings up a keyboard on the screen. Most random groups don't know how to handle crowd control or just attack enemies together. They just run all over and then complain when they die.

Thanks for the info. And yeah I kinda expect that MMO greenhorns aren't going to know what the hell they're doing with CC. It just really chaps my ass that I worked so hard to prevent us from wiping only to have them vote-kick ME. A nice thank you for saving your ass.... fuck right off. Sure wish I'd taken their names down so I could leave negative feedback (not that it matters, another lie by MS regarding the Xbox One, feedback doesn't do shit so far).

Iceman829

Thanks for the info. And yeah I kinda expect that MMO greenhorns aren't going to know what the hell they're doing with CC. It just really chaps my ass that I worked so hard to prevent us from wiping only to have them vote-kick ME. A nice thank you for saving your ass.... fuck right off. Sure wish I'd taken their names down so I could leave negative feedback (not that it matters, another lie by MS regarding the Xbox One, feedback doesn't do shit so far).

It just comes down to randoms suck and unless you are a cleric they will kick you from a party for any reason including to get a friend in. I stopped doing dungeons because the groups were so bad. Also, feedback works. Zorbs gave me bad feedback for loot whoring in a level 40 dungeon. It hurts my feelings. I've been sad all night.

Wow I just wasted 2 hours in a dungeon at a framerate of less than 5 the entire time. It was literally a slideshow. We didn't even get to finish it because the healer was like "screw this shit I'm out". Is the Spellplague Caverns dungeon always that broken?

Welfare

Everything was lagging for a bit. Damn near used up all my health potions on a boss since the game wouldn't register my hits while they registered the bosses on me even though I was out of its reach.

On the side note when I was with zorbs and sirket we were talking about how we read about people grinding out level 60 dungeons for those tokens you get for killing bosses and then buying gear that equips for tier 2 dungeons instead of having to do tier 1s.

That sounds boring.

If their farming T1 dungeons then the drop rate for drake seals is very low (maybe 1 per boss).

Unless they have T1 gear enough to unlock the higher dungeons and only kill 1st boss and then leave and restart. This would give a higher drop rate of drake seals.

What are people's thoughts on the best race to play as a wizard?

I rolled a Tiefling wizard so I could have 18int 18cha for dmg/crits, but a friend of mine was saying that the extra feat or point or whatever at level 5/10/15 for humans is better than the extra +2 to a stat.

I dunno. Tempted to reroll before I sink too many hours into the tiefling, but I'm just curious if anyone has thoughts on whether it's better to have the extra +2stat or the extra 3 feat points or whatever it is that humans get.

Special C

I rolled a Tiefling wizard so I could have 18int 18cha for dmg/crits, but a friend of mine was saying that the extra feat or point or whatever at level 5/10/15 for humans is better than the extra +2 to a stat.

I dunno. Tempted to reroll before I sink too many hours into the tiefling, but I'm just curious if anyone has thoughts on whether it's better to have the extra +2stat or the extra 3 feat points or whatever it is that humans get.

Race really matters very little in the long run. It's not worth it to min/max. Just go with what you think looks better, you're going to be staring at that butt for a very long time.

Really soaked up double XP weekend and went from 32>40 rather quickly on Saturday. Unfortunately I couldn't play much yesterday but that was a welcome surprise to see about double XP.

What professions have you all been leveling up? The only one I've been doing is leadership but wondering if I should be focusing on others? I have 3 slots by the way

TheKeyPit

Banned
Really soaked up double XP weekend and went from 32>40 rather quickly on Saturday. Unfortunately I couldn't play much yesterday but that was a welcome surprise to see about double XP.

What professions have you all been leveling up? The only one I've been doing is leadership but wondering if I should be focusing on others? I have 3 slots by the way

I'm only doing leadership(lvl 14 currently, 5 slots). All the other stuff is too much for me.

What is the best way at lvl 60 to get good PvE gear? One guide suggested to buy blue lvl 60 gear and don't even bother with Tier1 dungeons and jump right to the Tier2 dungeons to get good equipment.

What is the best way at lvl 60 to get good PvE gear? One guide suggested to buy blue lvl 60 gear and don't even bother with Tier1 dungeons and jump right to the Tier2 dungeons to get good equipment.

This is with my Scourge Warlock - I started with mainly blue gear, but as long as you can enter the dungeons with your current score you should be OK.

Make sure you purchase the epic dungeon key for 5k AD

Run Cloak Tower, Cragmire and Idris as they are the easiest dungeons in my opinion and should give you the best start to build up your armour score. Hopefully you will start getting the epic gear in the chest at the end or use the seals of the unicorn that drop with each boss to exchange for epic T1 gear.

This should give you enough score to enter the T2 dungeons.

If you run the same dungeon you will likely get the same armour choice at the end which can be either sold for money or salvaged for AD (I prefer salvaging as I use the AD to purchase more epic keys)

On another note the double XP allowed me to get my Control Wizard up to lvl38 but found that I out-levelled some zones quite quickly.

So I played this some on Xbox One and liked it, but the performance was horrid. Decided to go PC version with my near 5 year old PC and it runs AND looks worlds better. Haven't followed this thread at all...what's the deal? Just a shitty port?

Special C

I did each T1 dungeon one time (more for the completionist in me than anything else) Got 3 epics and enough Unicorn Seals to buy whatever epic I needed to replace my weakest blue (I still had a lvl 55 helm so I bought the T1 helm)

After that I jumped into T2

Iceman829

FYI: If you press in on the right stick it will organize your bag/bank/guild bank. For all those people that spend hours organizing their backpacks

Wow I just wasted 2 hours in a dungeon at a framerate of less than 5 the entire time. It was literally a slideshow. We didn't even get to finish it because the healer was like "screw this shit I'm out". Is the Spellplague Caverns dungeon always that broken?

I might of been your healer =( Same thing happened to me last night, I couldnt heal for shit cause framerate was down right awful, people were dying on me was super bad, had to bail.

zorbsie

This double xp weekend was great. Got my character up to level 55 and my new cave bear up to level 20. Only bad thing is now I have to pay 300k astral diamonds to unlock more levels to the bear. If I paid real money for something, I should get all the levels unlocked. Now I have to grind astral diamonds to get the full 30 levels of the bear. Not cool.

Not sure if the weekend events are a regular thing, but I could get used to them.

BTM

Yep, I ran that dungeon 2 days ago and the framerate was straight ass the entire time. Though we did end up finishing it.

Orca

I got two fireburst enchants so I bought two more off the AH for 500 AD each, then I saw the 1% chance For combining. Looked up the ward and figured it wasn't worth $10 so I went for it....success!

Iceman829

Tiefling and Dragonborn are rated best for wizards. I don't think it matters much other than the race traits.

"Tiefling Racial Traits:

+2 Charisma, one of our secondary stats.
+2 Con or +2 Intelligence, in which our primary stat is Intelligence.
Bloodhunt: You deal an additional 5% damage to targets below half health.
Infernal Wrath: Whenever you are hit, you have a 10% chance to lower the power of your attacker by 5% for 5 seconds.

Dragonborn Racial Traits:

Able to grant +2 to any stat
Dragonborn Fury: Your power and critical strike are increased by 3%.
Draconic Heritage: You receive 5% more healing from all spells and abilities."

Teifling is a good choice and don't sweat it.

So I played this some on Xbox One and liked it, but the performance was horrid. Decided to go PC version with my near 5 year old PC and it runs AND looks worlds better. Haven't followed this thread at all...what's the deal? Just a shitty port?

The xbox version only gives us 720ps of enjoyment. We had a deep guild discussion about this yesterday. I would rate my enjoyment 7.2 / 10 based on the amount of PPPPPsss in the game. Honestly I'm not sure why it runs so poorly. Idk if it's servers or things, but sometimes the game is great and when it's bad it's really bad. I still don't get how I played mmos on dial up internet and never saw these slideshow messes that are in games now.

This double xp weekend was great. Got my character up to level 55 and my new cave bear up to level 20. Only bad thing is now I have to pay 300k astral diamonds to unlock more levels to the bear. If I paid real money for something, I should get all the levels unlocked. Now I have to grind astral diamonds to get the full 30 levels of the bear. Not cool.

Not sure if the weekend events are a regular thing, but I could get used to them.

The double everything weekend was great besides having to empty my inventory every 4 steps from all the loot. All the companions have a soft cap. The higher the rarity the higher the cap. My stone golem that you saw caps at 30 and they can all be leveled up again. It's just their way of keeping things balanced and making you get higher rarity gear and companions. Your bear needs a beach ball to balance on it's nose in between battles to entertain the party. I ended up getting my cleric from 0-40 over the weekend. I was a bit burned out on the last day and ended up calling it and watch GoT.

Lol yeah I saw some guy greed roll every single drop and he wound up winning 3/4ths of them. Zorbs called you out huh? That's gotta burn. :)

He was just jelly I looted the cool looking wolf mask.

How are you supposed to survive in PVE later on? I've got all blue gear and hit 50 on my CW but, everything does waaaaay too much damage now and mobs. I die too fast, and my cleric companion sucks now.

Double XP was really good!

Went from lvl 42 - 60 over the weekend and even dropped some money on the game! Was tempted to get the bear companion but was quickly put off by it being level 20, so went with the Spider.

Looking forward to future events,

Orca

How are you supposed to survive in PVE later on? I've got all blue gear and hit 50 on my CW but, everything does waaaaay too much damage now and mobs. I die too fast, and my cleric companion sucks now.

Try the Man at Arms. I don't mind my CW at all, but what build are you using?

Iceman829

control wizard

Are they are areas with lower level mobs that you haven't cleared all the quests in yet? I'm trying to think of an easier way for you to complete the content. My great weapons fighter was able to take some punishment and along with it's health recovering move, potions and a healer companion it has done well solo. I also bought the higher level companion that can tank. It works well now that I leveled it up, but early on it was worthless because it just got 1 shotted.

TheKeyPit

Banned
This is with my Scourge Warlock - I started with mainly blue gear, but as long as you can enter the dungeons with your current score you should be OK.

Make sure you purchase the epic dungeon key for 5k AD

Run Cloak Tower, Cragmire and Idris as they are the easiest dungeons in my opinion and should give you the best start to build up your armour score. Hopefully you will start getting the epic gear in the chest at the end or use the seals of the unicorn that drop with each boss to exchange for epic T1 gear.

This should give you enough score to enter the T2 dungeons.

If you run the same dungeon you will likely get the same armour choice at the end which can be either sold for money or salvaged for AD (I prefer salvaging as I use the AD to purchase more epic keys)

On another note the double XP allowed me to get my Control Wizard up to lvl38 but found that I out-levelled some zones quite quickly.
I did each T1 dungeon one time (more for the completionist in me than anything else) Got 3 epics and enough Unicorn Seals to buy whatever epic I needed to replace my weakest blue (I still had a lvl 55 helm so I bought the T1 helm)

After that I jumped into T2

My gearscore is ~10000. Should I just start with the T2 dungeons?

jasonspeed

Neo Member
I'd love to join for guild T1 runs. I have a 60 TR. My schedule is tough though because my son hogs the Xbox on weekends to play with his friends. I mainly get to play weeknights between 6-9pm EST. I might have to buy a second XB1 for myself. LOL

The AH search filter doesn't work well at all. It seems the only way to search is by item name. I tried searching for lvl 60 blue gear but I don't know what the good items are called. Very frustrating trying to search the AH.

Anyone know how chest keys work? I've only done one epic dungeon so far and I used the daily quest key. Are the AD bought keys used for when you want to do more than one run in a day?

Orca

I'm stuck in a dungeon loop. Queued up for Cloak Tower to see if I could get the stuff for the bonus chest, but it dumped me as soon as I loaded in - said I wasn't in a group. When I reappeared in town another group popped...same thing happened.

Left the queue and tried it again. Same thing. Now it's happening in any dungeon I try to queue up for. Restarted Xbox One entirely and no change...wtf.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone know how chest keys work? I've only done one epic dungeon so far and I used the daily quest key. Are the AD bought keys used for when you want to do more than one run in a day?

From what I've read: Dungeon Chests are unlocked during Dungeon Delve hours. Outside of that hours you need either a daily key or epic key to open the chests. After using your daily key and wanting to do more epic dungeons you need to buy an epic key or wait for the mentioned Dungeon Delve hours.

I'm stuck in a dungeon loop. Queued up for Cloak Tower to see if I could get the stuff for the bonus chest, but it dumped me as soon as I loaded in - said I wasn't in a group. When I reappeared in town another group popped...same thing happened.

Left the queue and tried it again. Same thing. Now it's happening in any dungeon I try to queue up for. Restarted Xbox One entirely and no change...wtf.

Had the exact same problem a couple of days ago and I've tried it again and again. After 4-5 fails I finally got into the dungeon.

Top Bottom