• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Iceman829

Thanks to Iceman and his buddy last night for helping me out on that dungeon. Was nice to actually talk to people while in a dungeon. On another note, we lucked out on the random that joined our game. He had a mic and never once yelled at us.

Now I have to get my character up to 60. Doing missions with others is where it's at. Seems like epic dungeons will need a lot of cooperation with group members.

Glad I could help out. We needed the quest as well and it beat having to queue up. We did surprisingly well with only companion healers. Thankfully we lucked out with the random from Amazing Inc. Not only did he have a mic, but he was good and stayed with the group. It's nice having people not screaming at the top of their lungs and working together.

Special C

So now that I'm Level 60 there are a few things I don't understand. Neverember gives me a Daily Skirmish, but the skirmishes he gives me aren't in the Queue. Also what happens when my EXP reaches full after I'm level 60?

So now that I'm Level 60 there are a few things I don't understand. Neverember gives me a Daily Skirmish, but the skirmishes he gives me aren't in the Queue. Also what happens when my EXP reaches full after I'm level 60?

250k exp required for each level after 60 and you get an additional point to spend on powers.

Not done any skirmishes since hitting 60 as trying to get T2 armour at present.

Really need a guild 60 dungeon run as PUGs are doing my head in.

Iceman829

Anyone else having login issues? I was playing and in the middle of a mission and got booted. Now I can't even retrieve my characters or log into the game.

edit: servers were down. they are back now.

Delryk

Anyone else having login issues? I was playing and in the middle of a mission and got booted. Now I can't even retrieve my characters or log into the game.

edit: servers were down. they are back now.

I got some major lag in the daily skirmish for the first time.. then when i tried queueing up for the daily dungeon, it was bugged. Everytime we'd try to accept/join the party it would disconnect atleast 2 party members and boot us out of the dungeon.. really weird. guess i'll try again tonight...

TheKeyPit

Banned
Really need a guild 60 dungeon run as PUGs are doing my head in.

Count me in. I hit 60 yesterday.

Edit:
1. Seriously: I'm sick of trickster rogues being op. They destroy me in ~4 seconds. That's 27k HP gone in less than 5 seconds.
2. WTH!?! The game disconnected me in the middle of a pvp-match and I get punished for that? 25 minutes locked out of doing pvp, dungeons and skirmishes.

the server issues last night were awful.

Twice I was at the Epic boss in the Spider Temple and got disconnected. Couple of full wipes on the Epic Idris but managed to finish it in the end. Gave up on doing dungeons and carried on with the Tyranny campaign.

Archpath1

Damn some of these bosses on epic dungeons are rough especially for t2

Groups can't handle adds

You are not prepared.

Oooo a sale there goes the weekend

^^ Damn son time to start a healer and tank
No more wait times for me

Kadin

Are queues borked for anyone else? Just finally got into a Dungeon and when I got in, another notification popped saying it was ready. I accepted and it ported me outside and I had to accept yet once again. Got into the dunegon, this time I declined the next notification and booted me out and no longer in queue. lol

Are queues borked for anyone else? Just finally got into a Dungeon and when I got in, another notification popped saying it was ready. I accepted and it ported me outside and I had to accept yet once again. Got into the dunegon, this time I declined the next notification and booted me out and no longer in queue. lol

was just about to bring that up, I can't seem to que for anything without the system going nuts and taking me out of the raid or dungeon.

Special C

They tweeted that there was some downtime for them to work on improving them. Maybe they borked them again like they did when they released the orc event.

Special C

This is bogus, Rhix quest said complete any level 60 dungeon but in journal it says on Dread Vault. Why in the world would I do Dread Vault normal instead of an epic dungeon at level 60. Are Rhix's dailies just useless at Level 60. Also though Neverember was supposed to give me a daily but He hasn't offered one since the initial one.

This is bogus, Rhix quest said complete any level 60 dungeon but in journal it says on Dread Vault. Why in the world would I do Dread Vault normal instead of an epic dungeon at level 60. Are Rhix's dailies just useless at Level 60. Also though Neverember was supposed to give me a daily but He hasn't offered one since the initial one.

I got dred vault as my so called daily 60. I'm only 9.5k score and don't feel ready for vault.
The only other quests I have are the tryanny campaign.

I managed to get my alt controller wizard to lvl28 last night due to double XP.

demonkaze

Just started playing and i'm enjoying it so far. Was wondering if I could get an invite to the guild if possible, i'm a Sun Elf cleric:

Kaelian Valkia@Astraer Lavia

Iceman829

I hit level 60 on my first character last night. It's a GWF with a score of 8000 or so if anyone wants to do epic dungeons with me.

Decided to start up a cleric as my third character. I figure it always helps to have an extra person with a healer class. If anyone can send an invite to Seiryu@Iceman829 it would be appreciated.

The double xp this weekend has been great. I have been able to level up a bunch of companions I was ignoring.

zorbsie

demonkaze, Invite sent your way.

Opened up the blue chest you get that unlocks every few levels. Got 15% off companions. Time to put some money into the game. What is a good companion to get? Or is it based off of what class you are running? Thinking cave bear, tomb spider or acolyte of kelmvor. Any suggestions?

EDIT: My daughter was watching me. I HAD to pick the bear. lol

Iceman829

Opened up the blue chest you get that unlocks every few levels. Got 15% off companions. Time to put some money into the game. What is a good companion to get? Or is it based off of what class you are running? Thinking cave bear, tomb spider or acolyte of kelmvor. Any suggestions?

The companions are mostly another way to increase your characters stats as different ones provide different bonuses. Looks like you need to be more careful to see who is around before you venture into the zen market next time lol. $40 later zorbs is riding in style on a pink unicorn

Special C

I read that the Stone of Allure is best for PvE. It doesn't actually fight but I think it gives you 100% of it's stats

zorbsie

The companions are mostly another way to increase your characters stats as different ones provide different bonuses. Looks like you need to be more careful to see who is around before you venture into the zen market next time lol. $40 later zorbs is riding in style on a pink unicorn

lol. You're not far from the mark. If there was a pink unicorn mount I'd probably own it. As it is I have to keep telling them the tiger mount is not free. :) If I get another coupon for mounts I can totally see myself buying that.

I read that the Stone of Allure is best for PvE. It doesn't actually fight but I think it gives you 100% of it's stats
Oh damn. I was looking at that too. I only intend to do PvE so that would have been a good pick too.

Quick question: the companions come with a lesser bonding runestone. Where do I use that? only on the companion? or is there equipment I can put it in?

Iceman829

I read that as well. "As with a stone when summoned it grants all of its current stats to the user." They seem to be the top tier ones as they also cannot be defeated.

lol. You're not far from the mark. If there was a pink unicorn mount I'd probably own it. As it is I have to keep telling them the tiger mount is not free. :) If I get another coupon for mounts I can totally see myself buying that.

Oh damn. I was looking at that too. I only intend to do PvE so that would have been a good pick too.

Quick question: the companions come with a lesser bonding runestone. Where do I use that? only on the companion? or is there equipment I can put it in?

Well the one good thing about buying a mount is you get one for every character. I believe runestones are only for companions.

Special C

I read that as well. "As with a stone when summoned it grants all of its current stats to the user." They seem to be the top tier ones as they also cannot be defeated.

Well the one good thing about buying a mount is you get one for every character. I believe runestones are only for companions.

Do you really? The only thing keeping me from rolling another character was I didn't want to spend the zen for another epic mount.

Yeah, I got the Stone of Allure or the Orb or something. It gives me stats and is pretty awesome.

Plus with the double enchantment drop and refinements, I have been leveling the shit out of my stuff. It's crazy how many you get from the skill chests right now.

Ascenion

Finally got my hunter ranger to 60. Used the opportunity to start my second character as a guardian fighter. Gotta say I'm definitely liking the GF more, might start maining it.

Level 58 with my main rouge now but felt the need to start a human tank class before the double XP runs out, will really help get him up to speed.

The gameplay change between rouge and tank is really big, it's like learning the game all over again.

BTW is there default cross-character bank slots already or do I need to buy the first lot from the store? I want to send over some high leveled enhancement things.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
BTW is there default cross-character bank slots already or do I need to buy the first lot from the store? I want to send over some high leveled enhancement things.

I believe there is like 10-12 account shared bank slots by default. Check the bank in PE.

I did my first epic dungeon last night. We kept wiping on the boss until a healer joined. What a difference a cleric makes. We smoked that boss so fast. I didn't get a T1 armor piece though. Getting enough seals of the unicorn for a full armor set is going to take a long time.

Special C

So whats with the Shards of "X" enchantments you get in epic dungeons? Looks like I can combine 4 shards to create an enchantment for my weapon but the chance is only 1%? So you need about 400 shards to get an enchantment on average? That can't be right.

zorbsie

Finally caved and started. Can I get a GAF guild invite?

Life@LifeExpectancy

Control wizard (for now)

Invite sent.

The bank has a few slots open right away. I found some items can't be shared through the bank. I had to send the item through mail. Not sure why that was the case though.

I got to another group dungeon I'm overleveled for. So I'm looking for folks to do it with me. Dungeon is "Into the wolf den" it's a level 41 quest. Doesn't anyone want to hook up and tackle this with me later today?

WX3

Could I get an invite to the GAF Guild? I really don't play as much as I should but I'd love to be included!

XBL- ssinisterss
Character name is "CynisterV2"

Thank you and see you in game!

Top Bottom