• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

TheKeyPit

Banned
Does anyone want to party up for one or two Tier 2 dungeons today that require 8300 gearscore? I'll be online at ~8pm GMT. (I'm from germany; don't expect me to talk much :D)

dB Viper

I'm stuck in a dungeon loop. Queued up for Cloak Tower to see if I could get the stuff for the bonus chest, but it dumped me as soon as I loaded in - said I wasn't in a group. When I reappeared in town another group popped...same thing happened.

Left the queue and tried it again. Same thing. Now it's happening in any dungeon I try to queue up for. Restarted Xbox One entirely and no change...wtf.

Happened to me all last night. Gave up.

Hellers

Is that out yet? Had my eye on it for a while now.

Still in closed beta. Rumour is open beta (IE launch for this game) is in July. I bought the cheapest founders pack. I'm really, really liking it. Combat has a good Neverwinter feel but with more of a focus on AOE than Neverwinter seems to have.

Certainly worth trying if you can get a key and have a PC that can do it justice.

Delryk

Got to level 50 with the double xp... also got my artifact up to rank 29 (and ready to upgrade) but daaamn upgrading becomes expensive quick if you don't have any wards because of all the fails.... :(

Special C

Is the companion you can buy with 300 drake seals any good? I'm tempted to save my Drake seals for him since I'll be running a lot of epic dungeons and should eventually have all the gear.

flkraven

I ran my first 8000+ gear score dungeon and I got a tier 1 armor in the chest...is that normal? My PvP armor is better than it... (sitting at about 11300 gear score)

Iceman829

I ran my first 8000+ gear score dungeon and I got a tier 1 armor in the chest...is that normal? My PvP armor is better than it... (sitting at about 11300 gear score)

Yes, based on this:

"These are rough drop rates estimates observed from running 75+ dungeons, and observing all party members loot. The figures won't be exact, but it should be useful to players to get an idea of where it's best to farm for each item.

Tier 1 dungeon delve chests:
10% - drops the T1 set armor/weapon piece the in game description says (note each class has 3 sets)
40% - drops the other T1 ring/necklace/belt piece the in game description says
45 % - drops a random junk piece of purple loot - usually matching what the final boss can drop
5% - drop a random junk piece of blue loot

Tier 2 dungeon delve chests:
10% - drops the T2 set armor/weapon piece the in game description says (note each class has 3 sets)
20% - drops the other T2 ring/necklace/belt piece the in game description says
50% - drops a random T1 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
20% - drops a random usually junk purple from the endboss in the area

Tier 2.5 (Castle Never, Malabog's Castle, Valindra's Tower) dungeon delve chest:
60% - drops a random T1 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
40% - drops a random T2 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
Note the chest will not contain any of the boss loot - no ancient quality gear.

Tier 3 (Lair of Lostmauth) dungeon delve chest:
60% - drops a random T2.75? Necklace or Ring
40% - drops a random T3? Necklace or Ring
??% - drops a random Artifact Belt (Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary) "

This is just based off of someone else playing the game, so %'s aren't exact. It just gives you an idea of what is hiding in the chests

flkraven

Yes, based on this:

"These are rough drop rates estimates observed from running 75+ dungeons, and observing all party members loot. The figures won't be exact, but it should be useful to players to get an idea of where it's best to farm for each item.

Tier 1 dungeon delve chests:
10% - drops the T1 set armor/weapon piece the in game description says (note each class has 3 sets)
40% - drops the other T1 ring/necklace/belt piece the in game description says
45 % - drops a random junk piece of purple loot - usually matching what the final boss can drop
5% - drop a random junk piece of blue loot

Tier 2 dungeon delve chests:
10% - drops the T2 set armor/weapon piece the in game description says (note each class has 3 sets)
20% - drops the other T2 ring/necklace/belt piece the in game description says
50% - drops a random T1 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
20% - drops a random usually junk purple from the endboss in the area

Tier 2.5 (Castle Never, Malabog's Castle, Valindra's Tower) dungeon delve chest:
60% - drops a random T1 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
40% - drops a random T2 piece your class can use (armor, weapon or otherwise)
Note the chest will not contain any of the boss loot - no ancient quality gear.

Tier 3 (Lair of Lostmauth) dungeon delve chest:
60% - drops a random T2.75? Necklace or Ring
40% - drops a random T3? Necklace or Ring
??% - drops a random Artifact Belt (Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary) "

This is just based off of someone else playing the game, so %'s aren't exact. It just gives you an idea of what is hiding in the chests

Thanks a bunch for this. Very helpful.

Iceman829

I can't recall from memory. Not in a place where I can look it up.

I was able to look around and I believe the companion is the "Wererat Thief"

Wererat Thief
Striker, Rank 1
Icons Inventory Binds.png Binds on Pickup

Hit Points:
Power:
Critical Strike:
Armor Penetration:

Active Bonus: On Encounter Use

3% chance to poison target.
Applies to you as long as this companion is active.

Poison Strike: Strikes all targets in an arc, dealing damage and poisoning it.

Devastating Smash: Whirls around, attacking all nearby enemies and knocking them back.

Creeping Death: Poison now deals 30% more damage and Devastating Smash deals 30% more to poisoned targets. This power unlocks at companion rank 30.

Offense Slot: No Runestone
Defense Slot: No Runestone

Item Slots: Neck, Neck, Sword Knot

It maxes out at level 30 and has a knock back ability it can use every 8 seconds. I'm not sure how your play style is, but unless you need a pet to push enemies back a lot it might not be worth the grind. It might be helpful if you are a CW and don't want to be swarmed or something I guess.

flkraven

I was able to look around and I believe the companion is the "Wererat Thief"

Wererat Thief
Striker, Rank 1
Icons Inventory Binds.png Binds on Pickup

Hit Points:
Power:
Critical Strike:
Armor Penetration:

Active Bonus: On Encounter Use

3% chance to poison target.
Applies to you as long as this companion is active.

Poison Strike: Strikes all targets in an arc, dealing damage and poisoning it.

Devastating Smash: Whirls around, attacking all nearby enemies and knocking them back.

Creeping Death: Poison now deals 30% more damage and Devastating Smash deals 30% more to poisoned targets. This power unlocks at companion rank 30.

Defense Slot: No Runestone

Item Slots: Neck, Neck, Sword Knot

It maxes out at level 30 and has a knock back ability it can use every 8 seconds. I'm not sure how your play style is, but unless you need a pet to push enemies back a lot it might not be worth the grind. It might be helpful if you are a CW and don't want to be swarmed or something I guess.

Other than this pet, is there any other way to find blue (or better) without just straight up buying it with Zen or Astral? Do they drop?

Iceman829

Other than this pet, is there any other way to find blue (or better) without just straight up buying it with Zen or Astral? Do they drop?

It's hard trying to search since most of the information is based on the PC version that has had many event only companions and ones I'm not sure even exist on the xb1 version. Besides astral diamonds and zen there are a few you can get via other in game currencies or via quests/dungeons (?). I bolded the ones that might be drops or free.

The Angel of Protection is a leader companion that can be purchased from the Vault of Piety for 360Ardent Coin.

The Phase Spider is a striker companion that can be purchased from the Trade Bar Merchant for 1,200Tarmalune Trade Bars

The Lightfoot Thief is a striker companion that is an extremely rare reward from Tier 6 Sword Coast Adventures. do we have tier 6 dungeons?

The Jagged Dancing Blade is a striker companion that can be purchased from the Grand Emporium or Trade of Blades for 14,000Glory.

The Ioun Dragon Stone is an augment companion that can be purchased from the Dragon Scale Merchant for 60 Silvery Dragon Scale.

The Young Yeti is a defender companion that can be obtained by trading a Yeti Treat from the The Need for Mead daily instance. This instance is unlocked after completing the "Hook, Line and Sinker II" Icewind Dale Campaign task.
Again not exactly about this one.

The Silver-Scaled Cleric Disciple is a leader companion that can be purchased from the Dragon Scale Merchant for 30 Silvery Dragon Scale.

Those are a list of just a few. It seems the game runs events (similar to the double xp weekend or double diamonds) and by participating in them you are rewarded with a special currency just like seals and they often have a companion you can purchase with the specialty currency.

Special C

I'll probably pick the wererat theif. I bough a Stone of Allure for my summoned companion, but currently my other active slots are just filled with the basic 2 gold guys.

So what is going on with those Call to Arms events? I saw it show up last night and I queued for it but it just sat forever and never started. So I did some missions and then I noticed that it had completely disappeared. Did they cancel it again? Do they only show up for a short, limited time?

Iceman829

So what is going on with those Call to Arms events? I saw it show up last night and I queued for it but it just sat forever and never started. So I did some missions and then I noticed that it had completely disappeared. Did they cancel it again? Do they only show up for a short, limited time?

A Call to Arms is an enhanced, limited time version of a normal skirmish that permits levels 6-60 to queue for it. These events have enhanced drop tables with special items like rare pets and themed weapons intended for transmute use.

I remember these events from the beta. It lasted for a few days just like the xp event and had it's own queue. I believe it also had a special currency you earned for completing them. You could buy different items for the currency.

A Call to Arms is an enhanced, limited time version of a normal skirmish that permits levels 6-60 to queue for it. These events have enhanced drop tables with special items like rare pets and themed weapons intended for transmute use.

I remember these events from the beta. It lasted for a few days just like the xp event and had it's own queue. I believe it also had a special currency you earned for completing them. You could buy different items for the currency.

So why did it disappear? I tried queue for quite a while and nothing happened. So I backed out of the queue and went about doing quests. But then it just went away. Do they only last for a few hours? There was no "time remaining" or anything on it. It just said it was available and then it went away with no warning or information. This is the second time a Call to Arms has just randomly disappeared.

Iceman829

So why did it disappear? I tried queue for quite a while and nothing happened. So I backed out of the queue and went about doing quests. But then it just went away. Do they only last for a few hours? There was no "time remaining" or anything on it. It just said it was available and then it went away with no warning or information. This is the second time a Call to Arms has just randomly disappeared.

From their twitter account:

Neverwinter @NeverwinterGame · 18h 18 hours ago

#NWXbox To test our queue servers, Orc Assault will be turned on and off throughout the day for a few hours.

I can only assume they are still testing the queues and are working out the issues. Usually once the event is up it's up for a period of time like a weekend event or something.

EDIT:

Just checked their facebook account and saw this posted as well:

We'll be testing our queues for better performance by turning on and off the CTA: Orc Assault event. Please ignore this while it happens on ‪#‎NWXbox‬. ETA is roughly 3-4 hours. You will still be able to access Neverwinter on Xbox in the meantime.

From their twitter account:

Neverwinter @NeverwinterGame · 18h 18 hours ago

#NWXbox To test our queue servers, Orc Assault will be turned on and off throughout the day for a few hours.

I can only assume they are still testing the queues and are working out the issues. Usually once the event is up it's up for a period of time like a weekend event or something.

EDIT:

Just checked their facebook account and saw this posted as well:

We'll be testing our queues for better performance by turning on and off the CTA: Orc Assault event. Please ignore this while it happens on ‪#‎NWXbox‬. ETA is roughly 3-4 hours. You will still be able to access Neverwinter on Xbox in the meantime.

Ah, nice to know! I should have probably thought to check their twitter or something first. lol

Finally got around to trying a T1 dungeon, boss dropped a purple that I couldnt use, whats the rule of thumb on that? Roll anyways and sell on AH or pass and hope goes to someone that needs it? I passed but i am thinking in the future if I queue with randoms to just roll and sell

Iceman829

Ah, nice to know! I should have probably thought to check their twitter or something first. lol

Yea I started to keep an eye on their twitter every time things aren't working properly with the game. They usually acknowledge when things are not working properly and give timely updates.

Finally got around to trying a T1 dungeon, boss dropped a purple that I couldnt use, whats the rule of thumb on that? Roll anyways and sell on AH or pass and hope goes to someone that needs it? I passed but i am thinking in the future if I queue with randoms to just roll and sell

If you were with randoms and it was the end of the dungeon just greed it. If it drops to you, do whatever you want with it. There's no telling if anyone else would actually use it. Also, you are a cleric you can do whatever you want if you healed them through the whole dungeon :)

I want to like this game. I get 120 down for my connection. But I can't get past that damn frame stuttering most of the time.

Game has potential.. just need to fix that part of it.

Iceman. Greed, this time. Every time.

He should put that in his character description in the game.

I want to like this game. I get 120 down for my connection. But I can't get past that damn frame stuttering most of the time.

I get 70 down and it doesn't seem that bad to me. I dunno, I see stuttering/microfreezes/etc as just cost of entry for an MMO. When you are in instanced areas the frame rate is usually pretty good. It has never been bad enough to make it unplayable for me, even when there are like 30 of us killing a dragon. It definitely stutters, but I dunno, it doesn't really bother me that much.

Edit: This place makes me feel like I am crazy sometimes. There has literally never been a game I didn't play because of resolution/framerate. The whole idea of that is just weird to me.

Iceman829

Iceman. Greed, this time. Every time.

Always Greed, unless you can Need. That's your loot and they are trying to take it from you!

I apologize for the dip in frame rate that was just me lootwhoring the dragon.
Usually I try a less crowded instance if the stuttering doesn't stop and that seems to work.

4K 60fps or GTFO! lol

It still needs 100% more Ps

He should put that in his character description in the game.

I get 70 down and it doesn't seem that bad to me. I dunno, I see stuttering/microfreezes/etc as just cost of entry for an MMO. When you are in instanced areas the frame rate is usually pretty good. It has never been bad enough to make it unplayable for me, even when there are like 30 of us killing a dragon. It definitely stutters, but I dunno, it doesn't really bother me that much.

Edit: This place makes me feel like I am crazy sometimes. There has literally never been a game I didn't play because of resolution/framerate. The whole idea of that is just weird to me.
It gets unplayable for me though at times. It seems like single digit frame rate at times. I can't hang with that.

Again.. I'm in no way bashing the game or anything like that. I really like the potential.. It's just it gets really sluggish for me at times.

Oh well.. it can be fun..... I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out soon enough.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Had some crazy pop-in yesterday. It took a couple of seconds to load all objects :O

PS: Re-skilled my HunterRanger and it did wonders for PvP.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
I bought the owl companion. It seems like a good mix of DPS and tank. I really want the rock golum but I'm trying to wait for a companion coupon to drop. I'm spending too much on this game. Purple mount, purple companion, keys, bags, SW pack. I guess spending too much is subjective. I'm having fun so it's all good to me.

Iceman829

This game seems to be doing quite well on Xbone. Do the F2P elements get too intrusive?

It's not overly in your face, but it has the following:

Each time you log in it has a pop up of the zen store and some selected items for sale. Press B to close.

Dragon lockboxes will be dropped often that can only be opened with keys purchased through the zen store.

You will receive coupons from time to time to give you discounts on items found in the zen store.

If new items (companions, mounts, etc.) are added to the zen store in places a small gold Z in the top right of the screen until you check the store.

Everything on the zen store can be purchased with either real money or by converting in game astral diamonds into zen. It may take a long time to convert enough zen, but nothing in the game is locked out to free players. The gold Z is placed in the same fashion as the professions and level up icons that remind players that something needs their attention. For a game built around a f2p model it's not overly intrusive and begging you to buy stuff with real money. You can play the game just fine without purchasing anything as well. The mounts are faster than the one you can purchase with your in game coins. The companions have different abilities and can be leveled up higher than the free one and some that you can purchase.

I would say don't be scared off from the f2p stuff in this game. Come check it out and level up a character and see what you think.

It gets unplayable for me though at times. It seems like single digit frame rate at times. I can't hang with that.

Again.. I'm in no way bashing the game or anything like that. I really like the potential.. It's just it gets really sluggish for me at times.

Oh well.. it can be fun..... I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out soon enough.

Sorry, its all good man. You sort of caught me in a time when I have been frustrated with some of the insane hyperbole that goes on here.

The game does have some framerate issues, I will admit it. It just feels about what I expected from an MMO though and has rarely got so bad that I can't play it.

flkraven

I've had some piss poor experiences running the highest teir dungeons with randoms. Found a really ugly side of the Neverwinter community. It's complete crap.

I did a level 60 run with a matchmade group as my rouge and felt really weak, like I was having to avoid damage 90% of the time and never had a chance to attack.

Anyway we beat what we were doing and the scoreboard came up, I still did double damage compared to the next best.

rouge really is a glass cannon, just hard to tell when enemies have huge HP pools.

BTM

I did a level 60 run with a matchmade group as my rouge and felt really weak, like I was having to avoid damage 90% of the time and never had a chance to attack.

Anyway we beat what we were doing and the scoreboard came up, I still did double damage compared to the next best.

rouge really is a glass cannon, just hard to tell when enemies have huge HP pools.

Ya I feel the same way with my Hunter Ranger. Usually end up top of the group in damage dealt even though I feel like I'm flying around avoiding things the entire time.

flkraven

Ya I feel the same way with my Hunter Ranger. Usually end up top of the group in damage dealt even though I feel like I'm flying around avoiding things the entire time.

Makes sense though. A great healer is focused on keeping the party alive while a great tank is focusing on pulling all aggro and survivability. For damage output, you are really only competing with 3 of 5 party members.

Iceman829

Preview of the upcoming patch that will be arriving as early as next week.

Greetings Neverwinter Xbox One Adventurers! Over the past month, we have welcomed quite a few of you to the Forgotten Realms as you explore dungeons and battle dragons. Our team is absolutely ecstatic about what we delivered in one of the first MMORPGs to come to the Xbox One.

Since launch, we have been actively looking through your comments on forums, Twitter and other channels that the community has delivered feedback through. With your suggestions in mind, we will be delivering the first patch in the coming weeks.

Here are just a few adjustments we are making in the upcoming patch:

Race Reroll Tokens – Our first update will address a key bit of feedback that the community has delivered since launch. After updating, adventurers can initiate race rerolls from the character selection screen. Those who purchased the Dragonborn Legend Pack and Dragonborn Race Reroll Bundle will be credited race reroll tokens and can use them immediately after downloading and installing the patch.
Auction House – Those looking to sell or purchase items off the Tarmalune Trade House can now use the filters to locate the perfect items quickly. Feel free to trade unwanted loot away for Astral Diamonds!
Performance Upgrades – In addition to our weekly maintenance, which helps our systems run smoothly, we are constantly gathering updates from the community to improve performance and deliver a living MMORPG experience to console players. We have made several changes in an effort to improve performance through this update. The Cryptic team is also actively working on additional longer term performance fixes.
Comparing Companion Gear – Similar to comparing character equipment, adventurers can now compare items equipped, such as rings, on companions. The tooltip will no longer compare the item to your character’s equipped item.
Confirmation Added to Leaving Group – A confirmation will appear prior to leaving a group. No longer will adventurers accidentally leave a group while rolling on loot!

Our team will have further updates including full patch notes and release date for Update 1.1 in the coming weeks. Stay tuned on Twitter, Facebook and our forums for more information.

As always, please feel free to continue to deliver feedback for forums.

Happy Adventuring!

Edit: Just saw Orc Assault is live until May 4th. Might need to play some to try and get the special loot.

Iceman829

Anyone up for grouping up tonight? I'm going to bang my head against the wall with an hour or so of destiny iron banner, but afterwards I will be on for orc assault or dungeons if anyone is interested.

Did three of the orc runs tonight with my cousin, just normal loot for me but the very first time we played my cousin got the armored wolf! lol

Top Bottom