• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

statham

hit level 58,what happens at 60? any reason to do the missions? I always see level 60 peeps in lower level areas, why?

Iceman829

It was fun grouping up for the skirmishes tonight. Too bad we all didn't cool wolf pets. Anyway I know there were a few questions about upgrading companions. That currency we were unsure about is as follows:

The Companion Upgrade Token is a currency that can be used to upgrade companions.

They can be found in the [Companion Fortification Kit] and the [Companion Upgrade Token Pack].

A Common rank 15 companion can be upgraded to Uncommon for 300,000 Astral Diamonds or 30 Companion Upgrade Token.
An Uncommon rank 20 companion can be upgraded to Rare for 500,000 Astral Diamonds or 60 Companion Upgrade Token.
A Rare rank 25 companion can be upgraded to Epic for 750,000 Astral Diamonds or 90 Companion Upgrade Token.

[Companion Fortification Kit] - Found in lunchboxes (the various dragon boxes)
[Companion Upgrade Token Pack] - Found in some companion pack purchased on the zen store.
Both of these options do not have a 100% chance of rewarding companion tokens.

So basically, if you want to upgrade you will have to save up those astral diamonds for a long time.

I know there was another question, but I forgot what it was. Just drop it here and I'll see what I can find during the day.

Embraze

Neo Member
I just started playing tonight and it seems like a pretty decent MMO except for the random lockups that last a few seconds.

I made a GF and got to level 13 but it feels quite weak compared to some of the other classes running around. Is it that I'm playing it wrong or are they just a bit weaker at lower levels?

Well my ice wizard is 24 nearly 25, and I started up a halfling TR but she's still a baby.

It's amazing how different you play these games after years. Old me would've already maxed my first toon, but I just can't devote that time to it lately.

Wizard - Life@LifeExpectancy
Rogue - Kit@LifeExpectancy

In case anyone sees me in-game and wants to group up.

Think I might get my get my 2nd character to 60 this weekend. I love my warlock main but this control wizard alt has been great fun to play.

Iceman829

This achievement is completed in the dungeon "Spellplague Caverns" located in "The Chasm"

Start and progress in the dungeon until you reach and defeat the first boss ("Plague Reaver"). In this same area there will be a hidden area on the left side where there is a Orb ("Orb of Blue Fire")... take it and then continue again until you reach the next boss ("Mouth Of Madness").
After defeating the boss "Mouth Of Madness", starting from the entry of the same area, go right and you will find another "Blue Orb of Fire"... take again.
A little further on you will find a cliff and down a camp on the right. At this point, if you look back you will see three stones with blue symbols. Place the Orbs in the rocks on the right and left side and the middle will reveal a path.
Follow the path and after defeating some groups of enemies will reach the area where is located the secret boss "Oculus the Inflamed".
To unlock the achievement you will have to defeat this boss.

The video below is in Portuguese, but it does a good job of showing where the orbs are located and where the final boss is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfqyBZrZBU

If anyone wants to team up for this tonight or over the weekend just let me know.

zorbsie

Rogue - Kit@LifeExpectancy

Rogue has been added to the guild.

This achievement is completed in the dungeon "Spellplague Caverns" located in "The Chasm"
If anyone wants to team up for this tonight or over the weekend just let me know.

I'm down for this. And thanks for posting that info about the companion upgrades. Looks like my bear will be level 20 for awhile still.

Now that I'm level 60 it's time to look up some guide so I know how to respec him. I have a feeling I've been playing him wrong.

Rogue has been added to the guild.

I'm down for this. And thanks for posting that info about the companion upgrades. Looks like my bear will be level 20 for awhile still.

Now that I'm level 60 it's time to look up some guide so I know how to respec him. I have a feeling I've been playing him wrong.

I am down for doing that run tonight also. But aren't we all too high to queue for it? Or can we just do it on the lvl60 version?

Iceman829

I am down for doing that run tonight also. But aren't we all too high to queue for it? Or can we just do it on the lvl60 version?

we can just run to the zone and start it from the location. since it is a dungeon you can always enter it manually.

Side Note:
Neverwinter on Xbox One has officially been out for one month! We couldn’t have done it without all our brave heroes and curious adventurers, so to celebrate further, we’re holding a Double Astral Diamond Weekend. What you use your newfound stash of Astral Diamonds on is up to you, but please note that the double AD is only for Rough Astral Diamonds.

Start Date: May 1, 2015 at 10 AM PDT (Pacific)

End Date: May 4, 2015 at 10AM PDT (Pacific)

Ways to Acquire Rough AD:

Salvaging Level 60 Epic Items
Rhix’s Daily Quests
Invocation
Leadership Profession
Skirmishes

Embraze

Neo Member
I'm leveling my first character but I feel like I've made a mistake somewhere. I'm currently 15 1/2 but the quests in my journal are for level 17. Is this normal or should be I be doing more dungeons and skirmishes to keep at the same level as my quests?

statham

okay just hit level 60, have a half-dozen missions in my list, any reason to complete them? I kinda want too, just to clear them out, but I know they will lead to more missions.

Rockyrock

okay just hit level 60, have a half-dozen missions in my list, any reason to complete them? I kinda want too, just to clear them out, but I know they will lead to more missions.

you can still earn XP after lvl 60.

You get a little something everytime you fill up your bar.

Orca

The video below is in Portuguese, but it does a good job of showing where the orbs are located and where the final boss is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfqyBZrZBU

I found there's two hidden chests in Cloak Tower as well, spawned by collecting items along the way. Neat to have hidden stuff like that in there, in addition to all the regular content.

Yep, I've had it happen atleast 5 times where I died, very frustrating, one of the times I didn't have a injury kit so I had to buy a 4000 diamond transport scroll to get out., today I was logged-out 3 times but I think that was a live problem and not connected.

Why not just sit at the fire for 3 minutes? Why waste the AD?

kamicowzi

Banned
Damn. I really need to start running stuff with the guild an not randoms. I roll a DPS scourge warlock, and (not trying to brag....I'm really not) I almost always finish at the top of damage out by a healthy margin. The problem is I end up at the top of damage taken too. I just ran the Orc CTA and I was getting chased by the mobs for most of the instance. If your a tank, TANK! There is no reason why a ranged DPS should be drawing so many mobs. This shit happens in regular dungeons and skirmishes too.

Orca

Damn. I really need to start running stuff with the guild an not randoms. I roll a DPS scourge warlock, and (not trying to brag....I'm really not) I almost always finish at the top of damage out by a healthy margin. The problem is I end up at the top of damage taken too. I just ran the Orc CTA and I was getting chased by the mobs for most of the instance. If your a tank, TANK! There is no reason why a ranged DPS should be drawing so many mobs. This shit happens in regular dungeons and skirmishes too.

Well...if you're doing too much damage too fast, they don't get a chance to gain aggro. :p

Iceman829

I'll be running orc assault for a bit with my 42 cleric if anyone wants to group up and wants healing. I'm also available to do some epic dungeons with either my scourge warlock or great weapon fighter.

I'm usually top of both charts with my scourge warlock also. I sometimes start a fight now with my single target spells and allow the tank to get aggro before I unleash the beast fully.

I also had high dps scores with my control wizard but have recently changed some spells around. Even though I don't end up high on the scores anymore I notice bigger groups of mobs go down quicker, plus the debuffs are helping the team also.

I'll be running orc assault for a bit with my 42 cleric if anyone wants to group up and wants healing. I'm also available to do some epic dungeons with either my scourge warlock or great weapon fighter.

What's cleric like to play?
I have a lvl60 scourge warlock and a 52 control wizard.
My cleric is lvl9 at present and not played a healing type character since druid in WoW.

My main trickster rogue is fun to play but eh, I kind of want to make a great weapons fighter. I started a tank class but I have someone else pick the exact same setup as me without knowing lol.

*edit* level 60 pvp in this game doesn't take armor rating into account, every match I play it's always a steamroll for the enemy team as they seem to have gods and epic players in it, bleh.

I still can't believe it took close to 70 orc assault runs to get 1 wolf pet. I have dye packs for years now.

Definitely luck of the draw. I got my 1st wolf about 3 games in and then another after 10 games or so.

I don't understand the stuff you buy from the store with the seals that drop. I used the 300 to buy the control wizard item. When equipped it gives me about 400 dmg and nothing else.

Iceman829

Definitely luck of the draw. I got my 1st wolf about 3 games in and then another after 10 games or so.

I don't understand the stuff you buy from the store with the seals that drop. I used the 300 to buy the control wizard item. When equipped it gives me about 400 dmg and nothing else.

The items they sell are for transmutation only. They aren't useful to use in battle. The idea is to make another weapon look like those orc weapons.

about 25 orc runs so far, no wolf.

I'll give it one last shot tomorrow.

BTW the orc weapons do not cost anything to replace the look of another, usually you pay in crystals but these ones are free to convert.

zorbsie

Still have 3 hours left on the Orc Assault event. Going to see if I can finally get an orc wolf.
Never going to happen. :(

flkraven

Sitting on 140,000 rough astral diamonds. Going to take me weeks to get down to zero, assuming I don't continue earning them at this rate. Any idea if they have offered 'double astral refinement' weekends?

Iceman829

Damn, I feel bad now. I got the Wolf on my first time. If it makes you feel any better its pretty shit.

The pet as a companion isn't very good, but it has a +100 critical strike bonus for having it equipped. Also, with runestones you can pass a % of your pets stats to your main character. I was trying to get a few for my characters, but after 70-80 runs I only got 1. If I do another orc assault ever again it will be too soon.

The pet as a companion isn't very good, but it has a +100 critical strike bonus for having it equipped. Also, with runestones you can pass a % of your pets stats to your main character. I was trying to get a few for my characters, but after 70-80 runs I only got 1. If I do another orc assault ever again it will be too soon.

Yeah, I have a few of those runes but they are like 7%, so it is not like you are gaining a whole lot from them.

I have 40 minutes to unlock that pet, after this i'd have tried 50+ times. *edit* no wolf for me, sad boys.

Sitting on 140,000 rough astral diamonds. Going to take me weeks to get down to zero, assuming I don't continue earning them at this rate. Any idea if they have offered 'double astral refinement' weekends?

don't buy keys to unlock lock boxes, I tried with at least 120k diamonds and got pretty much shit.

Save up and buy something good with it or live comftable knowing you can buy seals and stuff easily.

flkraven

I have 40 minutes to unlock that pet, after this i'd have tried 50+ times. *edit* no wolf for me, sad boys.

don't buy keys to unlock lock boxes, I tried with at least 120k diamonds and got pretty much shit.

Save up and buy something good with it or live comftable knowing you can buy seals and stuff easily.

Yah. I've got about 500K astral diamonds total. I'm just waiting for things to go on sale in the Zen market place, then converting.

It's a real bummer that these free games attract more kids (understandable, but still annoying).

I just did my first dungeon with...sigh...

DEEZ NUTZ
Musty Bluewaffle
Cloud.Strife_BR

Oy.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Top Bottom