• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fable vid - get drunk and puke

Prine

Banned
LOL

"Oi thats my WIFE!"

Man the game looks gorgeous and the music sounded great. Animation was top notch, NPCs were hillarious.

Even if this game does score high, i bet we'll see the same people hating on it. Shame

Prine said:
Even if this game does score high, i bet we'll see the same people hating on it. Shame

People will hate. What's the big deal? Why is it so bad that some people will not like the game?

And indeed Jade Empire will own.

Prine

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
People will hate. What's the big deal? Why is it so bad that some people will not like the game?

And indeed Jade Empire will own.

ITs just a shame that people will let their hate for the game dictate their experience. No matter what, they're minds are already made up.

Does it afffect me? Nah. But it will whenever we start a Fable threads. Imminent nitpicking and derailing

Prine said:
ITs just a shame that people will let their hate for the game dictate their experience. No matter what, they're minds are already made up.

Does it afffect me? Nah. But it will whenever we start a Fable threads. Imminent nitpicking and derailing

How do you know that their minds are made up? And what is nitpicking? And if past experience is anything to go by, when it comes to derailing threads, it takes two to tango.

Lukas

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I said "seems". Try reading my words.
Again, I never said it was bad game play feature, its just not something I enjoy. In my mind GTA was hurt by that, because I got tired of it after a few hours. Scores and sales mean nothing to my enjoyment.

Big deal, IGN says it has more. That doesn't mean it has to appeal to me, nor does it mean that it has the structure I want in the games.

Maybe I will, I doubt it though. I just don't think it will be the second coming of the gaming christ like some hype it up to be.

lol yes im sure developers have YOU in mind when they think of how their structure in games should be.

you just said it doesnt appeal to you because you think it lacks structure, i just showed you a link that says it has MORE structure than vice city and morrowind.

you are just looking for excuses to hate on fable, pathetic.

digit

IJoel said:
I don't really agree with that. The best example I can give is SW: KotOR. Being evil in SW: KotOR isn't hard, but the thing is that you have to be so downright mean, that if the game provides a good feedback mechanism (which is something Fable will most likely be good at) you will feel really bad about doing truly evil actions. It all depends on the immersion/feedback factor of the game.

The best opposite example I can provide to this is Morrowind, which lacked a good feedback mechanism.

I hope they've come up with a better system than KotOR. I didn't really like the way KotOR handled the light/dark balance. To be good, you had to be very careful about your decisions and jump through lots of dialogue hoops. Being evil was usually a matter of pulling out your lightsaber and mowing people down. Being good felt boring.

Top Bottom