• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

The Arbiter is probably my favorite Halo 2 level. Uprising isn't bad either but can be annoying.

Oracle sucks (although the elevator was a cool concept). Sacred Icon is only good when drunk so you can shotgun your way through it and not be annoyed when you're killed randomly. And then Quarantine Zone is one of the worst Halo levels. It's the only one I consistently skip most of because of how bad it is.

Somnia

I was always a big fan of Arbiter. Some of his missions were just plain bad but he's always been a straight badass as a character.

Yep I agree with you and everyone else. Liked Arby but hated most of his missions.

I dont have an issue with Locke like most people, I'm staying open minded till after I play 5.

There's nothing wrong with Locke. He showed his stuff in Nightfall.
Even if he does look like the main dude from Crackdown.

Crackdown-.jpg

Trup1aya

There's nothing wrong with Locke. He showed his stuff in Nightfall.
Even if he does look like the main dude from Crackdown.

Crackdown-.jpg

I don't see the resemblance... Beyond them both being black...

But I agreed there's nothing wrong with Locke... I think people just hate that he's trying to take down chief...

Wait, really? That's bullshit

I don't see the resemblance... Beyond them both being black...

But I agreed there's nothing wrong with Locke... I think people just hate that he's trying to take down chief...

Actually skin color is the one thing they don't have in common. Locke has a darker complexion. Similar build. Goatee. Hair or lack thereof. Guns. But thanks for the implied racism callout. That must be it.

cackhyena

Actually skin color is the one thing they don't have in common. Locke has a darker complexion. Similar build. Goatee. Hair or lack thereof. Guns. But thanks for the implied racism callout. That must be it.
Yes, I knew there was something that reminded me of dude from Crackdown when I saw Locke! It was the guns! I could slap myself for not seeing it sooner.

I haven't watched any of the videos, but i saw that Gamersyde has several videos up. I am sure someone here watched them...and i only want to know three things:

- Graphically speaking...a clear improvement over Halo 4?
- Graphics again....how is the anti-aliasing? This wasn't too hot during the E3 footage. How is it now?

- The A.I., improved over Halo 4, same or worse?

I haven't watched any of the videos, but i saw that Gamersyde has several videos up. I am sure someone here watched them...and i only want to know three things:

- Graphically speaking...a clear improvement over Halo 4?
- Graphics again....how is the anti-aliasing? This wasn't too hot during the E3 footage. How is it now?

- The A.I., improved over Halo 4, same or worse?

Graphics looked good to me, especially at 60fps.

Didn't notice any anti-aliasing issues, but also wasn't really looking for them.

AI really seems to change depending on difficulty. The new Promethean Soldiers seem pretty good. Hunters are fearsome.

BraXzy

Frankie if you spot this, will there be screen bounds resizing in the options menu? My TV is borked and everything gets displayed slightly too big (cutting off parts of score boards etc). Being able to resize in a menu/at set up is a God send.

Before anyone suggests going into my TV settings, the only thing it can do is brightness/contrast changes and audio tweaks :(

Frankie if you spot this, will there be screen bounds resizing in the options menu? My TV is borked and everything gets displayed slightly too big (cutting off parts of score boards etc). Being able to resize in a menu/at set up is a God send.

Before anyone suggests going into my TV settings, the only thing it can do is brightness/contrast changes and audio tweaks :(

Does your TV have a PC Mode? If it is a Samsung I have heard naming the input PC will fix the overscan issue (don't know if it works 100% though).

BraXzy

Does your TV have a PC Mode? If it is a Samsung I have heard naming the input PC will fix the overscan issue (don't know if it works 100% though).

How do you rename an input? Problem with my TV is because its pretty old and cheap, most solutions can't be done on it. I really need a new one. It's a Vistron with a 40" frame but a 32" screen xD

How do you rename an input? Problem with my TV is because its pretty old and cheap, most solutions can't be done on it. I really need a new one. It's a Vistron with a 40" frame but a 32" screen xD

Ah, then I have no idea. Sorry. I was just asking whether your TV was a Samsung because some of their models have issues with overscan and renaming the input to PC fixes it.

Edit: Quick question, your TV doesn't happen to have a Zoom Mode by chance does it?

Trup1aya

I dont think you're racist, I just don't think the two characters share many traits. And you're right, there skin tones are different... Yet another difference... One of many...They straight up have vastly different faces.

QrRXeil.jpg

2918464-feature_crackdown3_20150807site.jpg

They do both carry guns though... They must be cousins!

SwolBro

Banned
HaloGaf: more opinionated than skilled
lollll whose responsible for that?

geez already 77 members. that's going to close fast.

HaloGaf: more opinionated than skilled
lollll whose responsible for that?

geez already 77 members. that's going to close fast.

Elzar is. Though he wrote 'opionated', until I corrected him.

On another note:

naamloos-1zvrh8.jpg

Time to get cracking on that campaign review. See you guys on October 26.

thenexus6

I've been listening to the same 5 or 6 tracks on YouTube alot over the last few weeks so now going through the whole soundtrack I can safely say this is GOAT tier. Some of the best Halo music period I can't wait to hear it in context when playing the game.

My hype train thrusters can't take much more

Are you coming to multiplayer on this week?

Yup, I'll definitely be playing this week. I'm doing a seperate review for campaign and multiplayer, so I have a bit more time to evaluate the MP when the servers are fully up and populated.

Also working on a big story/campaign review for the HaloGAF peeps.

When is the multiplayer embargo?

Patch goes live October 22. After that, all MP coverage is fair game.

Top Bottom