• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

The website does say at the bottom "While supplies last" regarding the free weapon skin. Maybe it was actually limited supply and all of the codes are already gone?

mchiodo1

Neo Member

i don't think so, the cutscene from the first mission with osiris that we have already seen is i believe, a different mission from the one where osiris is on the run and they jump from that hover thing onto a narrow bridge

the reason why i say that is because the cutscene with the hover thing is the same environment as where locke and osiris run into chief, if you watch that leaked trailer
again you will see

if I'm wrong and your right then locke and osiris will run into chief right at the beginning of the game

EDIT: Now i feel like an idiot, i thought u meant the locke videos until i actually watched the clips u linked....

mchiodo1

Neo Member
Will there be a place to possibly find people on GAF to run through the campaign with launch night?

I've been thinking about trying something different this Halo instead of gunning through the campaign on legendary then hopping straight into the multiplayer like normal.

Yeah don't think i have anyone to run through it with either at launch

Will there be a place to possibly find people on GAF to run through the campaign with launch night?

I've been thinking about trying something different this Halo instead of gunning through the campaign on legendary then hopping straight into the multiplayer like normal.

As with all major new releases there will be an OT for Halo 5, which will probably have sign-ups to play campaign with fellow GAF members. As long as you keep an eye out for it when it goes up a day or two before launch, you should have no trouble finding campaign partners.

solis74

I know you're not Proven Deadly, but we'll reveal the initial gametypes a fair old while before launch and it will be a focused set, for sure. Further gametypes will continue to roll into rotation as the weeks progress. This has nothing to do with development schedule, and everything to do with sensible sustain.

It will be impossible to make everyone happy, all of the time, obviously. But eventually most people will crack at least one wan, bitter smile.

sweet!!

The warden really does look like a goofy Transformer. But at least he doesn't look like a power ranger villain like Didact, so that's good.

Whatt

Beyond the Didacts fangs, I liked his design. More so than the Knights for sure.

But yeah, I really don't like the Promethean/Forerunner designs at all. They're too generic evil robot looking to me, and don't really convey the Forerunner architecture style, nor that of the Sentinels.

jesu

I watched the 10 videos then got

047d8c7348a35b6328d12279803b77d4.png

Should there have been a code there?
Are they all gone?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I watched the 10 videos then got

047d8c7348a35b6328d12279803b77d4.png

Should there have been a code there?
Are they all gone?

They aren't all gone. We don't make the site so I don't have amazing detail but that bug was caused by going to a fallback server that didn't generate codes. They're fixing it now. You'll be able to do it again later. Sorry I don't have ETA. Could be now for all I know but I don't want to send you on another brief wild goose chase

jesu

They aren't all gone. We don't make the site so I don't have amazing detail but that bug was caused by going to a fallback server that didn't generate codes. They're fixing it now. You'll be able to do it again later. Sorry I don't have ETA. Could be now for all I know but I don't want to send you on another brief wild goose chase

Cool, I'll try again later.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Perfect example of using Halo's core music (Marty's stuff) and transforming it into something fresh and new. Halo should never abandon what Marty gave the franchise, but at the same time it should do new things. This is a great example of both. I feel like Halo 4's music failed in that it never really harkened back to what people loved about Halo's music.

Perfect example of using Halo's core music (Marty's stuff) and transforming it into something fresh and new. Halo should never abandon what Marty gave the franchise, but at the same time it should do new things. This is a great example of both. I feel like Halo 4's music failed in that it never really harkened back to what people loved about Halo's music.

Yip, Halo 4 was a great soundtrack it just wasn't a great Halo soundtrack.

Zeta Oni

Yeah don't think i have anyone to run through it with either at launch

Im down if your down, just need 2 more now.
Guess we shall wait for the OT

As with all major new releases there will be an OT for Halo 5, which will probably have sign-ups to play campaign with fellow GAF members. As long as you keep an eye out for it when it goes up a day or two before launch, you should have no trouble finding campaign partners.

Wasn't sure if that was suppose to go in the OT, or if there was gonna be a new Halo community thread for that type of thing.

Glass

2:47 and onwards is just great. At 3:30 definitely got me all hyped. Solid music. Can't wait to see how it is in the campaign.

Still so happy there's audio options for this reason. Music's getting turned up to 11, sound effects probably going down a few notches for me.

Madness

Watched the videos like 20 times, still no codes.

I hate that they are making us watch some game play to get a code. I mean I have no problem with commercials, but I don't want to see any more game play, or cutscenes. I've already seen too much of this Halo before launch. Want to go in fresh.

I like the fact that so many REQ's mean they probably will have tons of codes to hand out as well.

Sai

100% sure? This might be limited to people who do watch the vids?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is that everything can be unlocked through the regular ol' grind in Halo 5. Promotions like this, and the preorder bonuses like the one Gamestop has for Locke's armor, just unlock it for you from the get-go.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is that everything can be unlocked through the regular ol' grind in Halo 5. Promotions like this, and the preorder bonuses like the one Gamestop has for Locke's armor, just unlock it for you from the get-go.

I think that Josh Holmes said that there's one emblem that you can only get by doing... something. I think it comes with the Console bundle.

But that's not this. This should be in the REQ system.

Madness

Everything can be unlocked, doesn't mean everything will be unlocked. Why pass up guaranteed unlock things? I mean, the only way to keep the grind going is to make it addictive but also drip feed the good stuff. In Mass Effect 3, you could earn everything in game, but even after hundreds of hours, well over $60+ actual cash spent, hundreds of packs opened by grinding, I had unlocked maybe 1/5th of the stuff that was in the game or that I wanted.

I would imagine Halo 5 will be similar. You keep playing and playing, unlocking packs and REQ's but you may never get what you really want because it's a game of chance no?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think that Josh Holmes said that there's one emblem that you can only get by doing... something. I think it comes with the Console bundle.

But that's not this. This should be in the REQ system.

No, there's some stuff that is/are legacy unlocks, some are achievement unlocks in the main game campaign and some are retail exclusive.

For example. If you want helioskrill you better go beat MCC in its entirety on legendary.

Yes, that is true. But what the Halo 5 Experience website gives you is a Promotional REQ Pack, it guarantees you the skin but also gives some other random stuff. REQ Packs are the new hotness, everyone wants them :).

So in the Master Chief and Agent Locke site, Chiefs helmet looks cracked. Are we going to see that while playing the game? That would distract the fuck out of me.

Ein Bear

So in the Master Chief and Agent Locke site, Chiefs helmet looks cracked. Are we going to see that while playing the game? That would distract the fuck out of me.

I seriously doubt they'd have a physical crack on the HUD the entire time. It's the future, just pretend the helmet has a special sci-fi camera that gets around it or something.

Glass

If there's no theatre mode for campaign, I hope the skull which removes the whole HUD is back. Going to wear out my xbox button with that on.

CFtiger1127

Neo Member
Sorry if has already been answered...are all weapon req cards single use only? I know some cards are single use and others are permanent, but hypothetically if I were to use a legendary weapon in Warzone will the card be spent and unavailable for my next Warzone? The completionist in me wants to know and I have yet to find a clarifying source.

singhr1

Sorry if has already been answered...are all weapon req cards single use only? I know some cards are single use and others are permanent, but hypothetically if I were to use a legendary weapon in Warzone will the card be spent and unavailable for my next Warzone? The completionist in me wants to know and I have yet to find a clarifying source.

Yeah, most are one use only. Only your loadout weapons are permanent/unlimited use. So that's your AR, BR, DMR, SMG, and Pistol variants. The rest are use it and it's gone.

When collecting, you may get certifications that give you more of that type of weapon/vehicle so it's not a complete bummer.

You will only receive permanent stuff once, i.e. you'll never get duplicates of permanent stuff so that gives you higher chance for stuff you don't have.

Word of wisdom: don't try to collect everything. 343 is saying there is over 1000 REQs at launch and 100s more in the following months. Just have fun with it.

That was brief and done for effect.

I think just because of how Reach did it and just how unexpected it was there isn't a way you could replicate something similar in a future title and have it have the same effect. Lone Wolf was basically gunning down your hope one plasma bolt at a time until you were fighting with one bar of health and went "yeah, Six is actually dying at the end of this thing"

Top Bottom