• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

see5harp

Man missed opportunity for a bad ass pizza skin with the Hot Pockets promo. I guess the Hot Pockets people didn't agree to give Stinkles a year long supply so all they got was the requisition pack code promo.

Glass

LMAO. That didn't take long.

We knew this for quite some time now. It was in one of the pictures that CBOAT posted.

Ah I must have skipped my daily dose of GAF that day, I knew there was going to be x amount of post launch content, but cool to see it's going to be monthly.

I need this game. Anyone at 343 that can send me an early copy please pm me. I mean how hard is it? I don't really want to start a twitter campaign, but it's bs that I don't have the game when it's already published.

Akai__

Ah I must have skipped my daily dose of GAF that day, I knew there was going to be x amount of post launch content, but cool to see it's going to be monthly.

Here is the slider. Bottom right says monthly:

clipboard1069usi.jpg

Madness

Oh man, why they did the Xbox One exclusive on the top of the case. That means our Canadian ones will have like Seulement Sur Xbox One on the top in French. Probably will have to order another cover art from the US if true, just like I did for MCC.

Oh man, why they did the Xbox One exclusive on the top of the case. That means our Canadian ones will have like Seulement Sur Xbox One on the top in French. Probably will have to order another cover art from the US if true, just like I did for MCC.

Salut!

I hope my legendary copy doesn't have anything written in French on it as well...

Old Nordiques fan?

BraXzy

One thing I'm kinda confused about with the Req system.

For the temporary/one use cards, are they usable at any time outside of the energy system? For example if you get a Wraith drop in a pack and you jump into a match of Warzone, can you claim that card straight away? Or do you still need to wait for the Req level of 5/6 whatever through playing?

Bessy67

One thing I'm kinda confused about with the Req system.

For the temporary/one use cards, are they usable at any time outside of the energy system? For example if you get a Wraith drop in a pack and you jump into a match of Warzone, can you claim that card straight away? Or do you still need to wait for the Req level of 5/6 whatever through playing?
You need to wait until you have enough "energy" to summon it.

But then why the need for a card? If I can get X amount of energy and summon it through gameplay, what does a temporary card add to that?

You need the card to summon it. For example, if you had 1 warthog card, and you got enough energy, you can summon the warthog and the card goes away cause it gets used up

BraXzy

You need the card to summon it. For example, if you had 1 warthog card, and you got enough energy, you can summon the warthog and the card goes away cause it gets used up

Oh right okay, so without cards you have nothing to summon? Or I suppose a limited selection.

Makes sense, derp!

malfcn

Questions to those that got the promo REQ pack.
How many can see it on their HDD after downloading it?

And everyone get the Vengeful skin?

To me it felt like a Halo game made by Killzone's mission designers. If someone told me that ex-Guerilla LD/MD's had worked on Halo 4, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

In fact, I feel like I'm seeing echoes of that in the early Spartan mission footage, which has me concerned.

I personally can't stand the redesign of the Forerunner still.

Am liking that Locke mission better--looks more Halo-ey.

That's the only thing I'm still a bit sour about. I loved the Forerunner aesthethics in Halo 1 - 2 - 3 - Reach. Then 343 turned them into space magic nightclubs with floaty bits.

I really liked the interior of Mantle's Approach during Halo 4's Midnight level, though. Oddly enough.

Don't be so sure. I've been told Friday this week or possibly Monday. (Not that I wouldn't be happy with earlier!)

I'm expecting late this week, but I hope it's earlier.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Holy cow that's kind of early right?

Most interesting part - 'Extensive Multiplayer Content - Receive new maps and earn fresh new content like weapons and gear each month after launch.'

I'm not too sure on the phrasing, is it saying new maps each month?

Three new worlds is a weirdly specific number. What new worlds do we know of beside Sanghelious?

Akai__

Three new worlds is a weirdly specific number. What new worlds do we know of beside Sanghelious?

Kamchatka, where this intro cutscene takes place and Meridian from 2 live action trailers (Trailer #1 and Trailer #2), allthough Meridian was not confirmed or denied to be in the actual game, so who knows. I wouldn't classify Sanghelios as new world, because it has been in the lore since forever. That's why I'm not reading too much into it.

Akai__

We're we supposed to be getting some new info or something today? I thought I saw someone say that somewhere.

Yep, Rob Semsey (Senior Communications Manager) said he can't wait for Monday morning. Probably meant Pacific Time, so we have a coupple hours to go. But as always, temper expectations. :p

Akai__

There's friendly and enemy AI in Warzone MP? I did not know this, holy shit that's awesome.

If you capture a base, you will spawn marines in the captured base. They stay in place and don't move arround the map, but judging from the videos, they deal tons of damage, if you make a mistake.

Marvel

could never
If you capture a base, you will spawn marines in the captured base. They stay in place and don't move arround the map, but judging from the videos, they deal tons of damage, if you make a mistake.

I've been on Halo blackout since 4 got spoiled for me, but this mp news is amazing to me.

Can you give them different weapons like you can in the campaign?

I don't believe so. From what I have seen they all use Assault Rifles.

I've been on Halo blackout since 4 got spoiled for me, but this mp news is amazing to me.

I imagine by next week I won't be visiting around here because I really don't want to be spoiled. Review copies get sent out this week I believe.

-Ryn

Banned
One tweet said this morning, so maybe in several hours.

Yeah. Was teased on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/RobSemsey/status/652610729703436288

My guess is some pro vids of Strongholds on Eden or something.

Yep, Rob Semsey (Senior Communications Manager) said he can't wait for Monday morning. Probably meant Pacific Time, so we have a coupple hours to go. But as always, temper expectations. :p
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to this. Dog Gammit I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!

Zeta Oni

That was an amazing trailer, completely ruined by Muse. What's wrong with the dramatic OST music it started with?

Nothing, someone just saw the lyrics "no one is gonna take me alive" and thought to themselves "hey, those lyrics kinda go with the plot of the game, nevermind about not going at all with any music in any halo trailer ever".

Like seriously, no disrespect to Muse but they completely ruined that trailer with that song.

Doodis

Nothing, someone just saw the lyrics "no one is gonna take me alive" and thought to themselves "hey, those lyrics kinda go with the plot of the game, nevermind about not going at all with any music in any halo trailer ever".

Like seriously, no disrespect to Muse but they completely ruined that trailer with that song.

Marketing team's gotta market. But yeah, it was dumb.

shiba5

What is that at 1:45? First I thought it was a Brute and I got excited, but it might just be Arby in his spiky armor - looks bigger than him though.

Top Bottom