• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Dat first mission end

RKHVmE3.gif

It's what - the first three missions? What % of the campaign is that? Did the first level seem to take a significant amount of time like ol' Halo 2/3 levels?

There's 15 missions, so that's 20% of the campaign, also it's more like 2.5 as they aren't allowed to go past a certain point in the third mission.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MY. GOD. Its beautiful. Chief looks better than ever.

Watched part of a cut scene, had to bail out!

me too. started watching the cortana cutscene, saw that what we've seen previously wasn't the full cutscene, and bailed

Dynasty8

All single player campaigns are SO MUCH more enjoyable when you don't watch any gameplay or cutscenes beforehand. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but I feel like many games nowadays just reveal too much plot, characters, and important scenes prior to a game's release that it just simply ruins the surprise value.

I think part of the reason why MGSV was such a letdown for me was due to the unnecessarily lengthy trailers that consisted of 90% of the game's story. So many of the surprises, spoilers, important characters and story sections were just thrown in to make the trailer look cool and interesting. What were they thinking? They were openly spoiling shit for the fans...I'll never understand some devs. Part of the problem is also how huge of an impact the Internet has in the gaming industry today compared to the 90's where as we would have to rely on magazines for info...but some devs just need to learn to conceal their games better.

I guess I just miss the good old days where we would play through a game without seeing scenes we've already seen through multiple trailers.

Anyway, enough venting. Won't make that same mistake again for future games in which story is a big deal for me (Halo 5). So far so good...I haven't even watched the Launch Trailer so I'm doing well so far.

Doodis

Giantbomb talking about controller layout leads me to wonder:

Is there a Destiny layout equivalent? Because that's all I've been playing for a year and it would be nice to stick with that layout.

oh come on. all i said is one cutscene, which has previously been shown and discussed (several times in fact), is longer.

if you were confused and thought it was truly something new having to do with cortana, then no, its not. so no (meaningful) spoilers.

I forgive you. Haha

Flipyap

(Intro prop "spoiler")
Heh, Halsey is using her Halo: Reach Limited Edition Diary in the intro. That's cute. I wonder if she got the plastic rock.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the giantbomb guys are so good with impressions. really only sneaking peeks at the gameplay, but listening to them talk while playing is great. level one apparently is quite the looker

jelly

I couldn't help myself. Had to watch that cutscene. I remember it was blink and you miss it teased in one of the trailers so not too bothered.

Definitely liking the options in the level design, should be good fun and keep things fresh next time.

I see punching buttons is the new thing instead of pressing them..

Going to stop watching now.....maybe. Just 1 minute more, okay 2 mins.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
(Intro prop "spoiler")
Heh, Halsey is using her Halo: Reach Limited Edition Diary in the intro. That's cute. I wonder if she got the plastic rock.

Yeah, and the not too subtle focus on her daughter in the framed image.
I really like that they include little details like that. You don't need to be a Halo nerd to remember
the journal.

Not super spoilery but you never know..

Latest mission info that I could cobble together..

Osiris [Likely 'Into the Fire' achievement, Mission 1] "Fireteam Osiris is dispatched to find the UNSC's most wanted criminal: Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey"
Blue Team [Gotta be 'Argent Moon' achievement, Mission 2] "The Master Chief is reunited with his Spartan II Blue Team for a routine investigation of the lost ONI research station Argent Moon"
Glassed [Seems like 'Glasslands' achievement, Mission 3] "Osiris must pursue Blue Team to a glassed world beyond UNSC jurisdiction."
Meridian Station [Probably 'Stolen Gauntlet' achievement, Mission 4] "Osiris learns that Meridian Station harbors many secrets"
Unconfirmed [Likely 'Roots of the Earth' achievement, Mission 5]
Evacuation [Likely 'Escape' achievement, Mission 6]
Reunion [Likely 'Together Again' achievement, Mission 7]
Swords of Sanghelios [Likely 'Swords' achievement, Mission 8]
Enemy Lines[Could be 'Old Bones' or 'Breakthrough' achievement, Mission 9 or 10]
Battle of Sunaion [Likely 'Civil War' achievement, Mission 12]
"13th Mission" ['Reclamation' achievement, Mission 13 *duhrr*]
The Breaking [Maybe 'A New Dawn'' achievement, Mission 14]
Guardians [Likely 'Sentinels' achievement, Mission 15]

Still two missions missing that we don't know about yet.

My only problem I have watching this initially is that it seems to easy with your squad healing you every time you go down. Takes the fear out of playing too much rushing in gung ho a bit.

jelly

Switched to Giant Bomb.

First level looks intense. Guys sound like their having fun.

Still watching, 1 more minute.

Flipyap

Yeah, and the not too subtle focus on her daughter in the framed image.
I really like that they include little details like that. You don't need to be a Halo nerd to remember
the journal.
I like it, too, though usually I prefer my replicas to appear somewhere BEFORE they become merchandise. Presented in this order, it almost looks like product placement.

Top Bottom