• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Oh God. I spent my first ten matches learning the mechanics, got placed in garbage tier rank, and then spent the next several weeks winning/losing with random and never going up. Almost every match I started to go like 20-2 and yet I couldn't be placed higher.

Those first ten matches are the difference between getting gold and maintaining near onyx or getting bronze and spending months and months of grinding to possibly get up.

So I'm wondering if Ram, Tawpgun, Overdoziz, ExWife and the other semi-pro players here can backpack us up, if possible.

There is a chance they don't only use wins to determine initial placement, regardless, I don't think your KD would be too disappointed with constant map control.

Flipyap

Hey, the original Forerunner glyph style is back!
And, at least in the intro flashback, Cortana isn't totally naked again, instead sporting a look reminiscent of her Halo 2 catsuit. RIP holographic boobs?

It's really nice to see them bringing back classic design elements after Halo 4's scorched earth redesign policy.

Now they just need to fix the designs of Covenant species and all most is forgiven.

to anyone playing early, on behalf of everyone who isn't

RqehCbr.gif

Hey, the original Forerunner glyph style is back!
And, at least in the intro flashback, Cortana isn't totally naked again, instead sporting a look reminiscent of her Halo 2 catsuit. RIP holographic boobs?

It's really nice to see them bringing back classic design elements after Halo 4's scorched earth redesign policy.

Now they just need to fix the designs of Covenant species and all most is forgiven.

No, this I do not like.

wG4B0BG.jpg

I've just recorded the 3rd mission for you chaps - 1080p60.

No commentary - just pure gameplay. Will upload it as soon as it's finished rendering. :)

maximrace

So I'm really impressed by the AI on legendary. They are a lot smarter than on the other difficulties. All enemies are way more agressive and use new techniques too. I often had the promethean soldiers flanking me resulting in an unexpected death. Hunters are legit mini bosses on legendary. On the other hand friendly AI on legendary doesn't do much expect dying.

So I'm really impressed by the AI on legendary. They are a lot smarter than on the other difficulties. All enemies are way more agressive and use new techniques too. I often had the promethean soldiers flanking me resulting in an unexpected death. Hunters are legit mini bosses on legendary. On the other hand friendly AI on legendary doesn't do much expect dying.

That sounds great. 10 to go.

Yeah, the jump from Heroic to Legendary is pretty big. It's tough.

Heroic is pretty much perfect for people with shooter experience, I guess. You'll die a couple of times, but it's very fair.

jesu

So how do you hijack a vehicle and what do you do when your vehicle gets hijacked?

Noob here.

I take it you jump on it and press a button, X?
What if someone jumps on you?
Just bail out?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So how do you hijack a vehicle and what do you do when your vehicle gets hijacked?

Noob here.

I take it you jump on it and press a button, X?
What if someone jumps on you?
Just bail out?

Depends on the vehicle - some you can press X and just swipe, some you board and then melee until the driver dies or bails out. You can swap seats with other spartans while you're driving in multi seat vehicles. If you're being boarded, you can jump out and fight, or try to shake them off.

jesu

Depends on the vehicle - some you can press X and just swipe, some you board and then melee until the driver dies or bails out. You can swap seats with other spartans while you're driving in multi seat vehicles. If you're being boarded, you can jump out and fight, or try to shake them off.

So if it's something small like a Ghost, or even a Wraith, do I just shake the stick to shake them off or should I bail?

So if it's something small like a Ghost, or even a Wraith, do I just shake the stick to shake them off or should I bail?

You can't actually "shake them off" so far as I know. Maybe smash them into a wall?

But that's definitely not an option with the Wraith. There they're just gonna keep wailing on you until one of three things happen: they plant a grenade, they kill you, or you get out and try to kill them.

Vire

Did they straight up remove Watchers from the series? I haven't seen one in any of the footage.

Not that I'm complaining...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
anyone else watching the trailers over and over? I am :( this week is not going to go any faster. FUCKKKK

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I really don't like the way the Prophet's Bane looks when you're holding it. The blades used to look long and slender in earlier versions. Now it just looks fat and unwieldy.

I really don't like the way the Prophet's Bane looks when you're holding it. The blades used to look long and slender in earlier versions. Now it just looks fat and unwieldy.
We haven't seen what the new Prophet's Bane is like. There are only normal energy swords in the campaign footage.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
We haven't seen what the new Prophet's Bane is like. There are only normal energy swords in the campaign footage.

Beta footage.

Although having searched I see that the standard energy sword looks how it did before. It's only the prophets bane that looks different. I still don't like how it looks compared to the energy sword.

1606500_700947466685797_8336673646435873917_o.png

Kibbles

Beta footage.

Although having searched I see that the standard energy sword looks how it did before. It's only the prophets bane that looks different. I still don't like how it looks compared to the energy sword.

1606500_700947466685797_8336673646435873917_o.png
I don't like how the sword is help up in general... should be back to H2/H2A where it's out in front of you.

Top Bottom