• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

FeD.nL

I'm confused. Just watched the unboxing of the halo 5 console and the LE included with it doesn't have a disc. Do retail LE's contain discs or not? Because the store I pre-ordered from does have it listed with a special LE disc.

jbug617

Banned
Via Aegies. It's from the $250 Set
https://twitter.com/aegies/status/655157868656652288
CReWm1CU8AAdukA.jpg

I'm confused. Just watched the unboxing of the halo 5 console and the LE included with it doesn't have a disc. Do retail LE's contain discs or not? Because the store I pre-ordered from does have it listed with a special LE disc.

The $250 Edition doesn't come with a disc. The $99 Edition comes with a Special Disc Art.

Madness

After earning your starting rank, the ONLY way to increase your rank is by winning.

Oh God. I spent my first ten matches learning the mechanics, got placed in garbage tier rank, and then spent the next several weeks winning/losing with random and never going up. Almost every match I started to go like 20-2 and yet I couldn't be placed higher.

Those first ten matches are the difference between getting gold and maintaining near onyx or getting bronze and spending months and months of grinding to possibly get up.

So I'm wondering if Ram, Tawpgun, Overdoziz, ExWife and the other semi-pro players here can backpack us up, if possible.

I don't want to join in progress in any game mode, wish they had an option to toggle off join in progress for Warzone, even if it's a casual experience I want to play from the very beginning of a match. If you don't mind JIP that's fine, but options would be nice. Love the banning feature, people who quit can get fucked, so sick of quitters in the MCC.

Arena matchmaking detailed: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

Feel free to make a new thread.

Sounds fantastic. At least they took feedback about the placement matches. In the Beta I got Gold Tier I despite winning 7 out of 10 games (and carrying my team most of the time). It is good to know that placement matches now rely on individual skill to determine your initial rank, then let wins determine the results of your future ranks afterward.

How can anyone think thruster from Halo 4 was useless? It is the end all of getting away around a corner, or jumping over a sword user, or to hit the ground quicker. It's always been my go to.

And Halo 5s felt just like thruster with speed boost. So not that drastically different.

But those arena bans sound like a good change to keep things serious. The only thing I worry about is the intentional suicide thing. I've certainly taken a power weapon off the map before simply to keep it away from an opposing team player who was ridiculously good with it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Halo 4s thruster kinda sucked even before h5 beta. It just wasnt enough. Felt neutered. In hindsight and with 5 to compare it against directly? It's poop.

Halo 4s thruster kinda sucked even before h5 beta. It just wasnt enough. Felt neutered. In hindsight and with 5 to compare it against directly? It's poop.

Certainly it's more of a directional changer than any sort of boost. And obviously the Halo 5 one is superior, I just disagree that it's useless. I've used it with huge amounts of success.

I cracked and watched the first 10 mins of IGN's mission 2 video. OMG it looks amazing!

What I do find odd is that, for a tall guy, the camera position to me doesn't really reflect that. It almost looks like he's crouched. Maybe it's just me.

I would love to see a showdown between the Chief and Locke in which for some reason their armor suits are massively damaged or not working, and Locke trying to punch a downed Chief and Chief blocking it easily and crushing his hand, and Locke going 'dafuq'.

#fanfiction

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Oh my god, my LCE just shipped! It's happening!!!

I wonder how many of those who have the LCE ordered, and hated the inclusion of a digital code, will redeem it because they just can't wait for the disc swap procedure, haha.

Random17

why does it feel like this game releases next week with the amount of people already playing?

Even the spoiler thread has actual spoilers now.

Someone, please upload the whole damn game or something and let me watch it so I can stop thinking about this game until I actually get it.

Random17

I don't wanna say too much about the story itself, since I haven't yet digested it entirely. However, the way it's told is fantastic.

My ranking for story is this; you can replace it with your own

H2> HCE>ODST>4>3>Reach

Where would Halo 5 fit? Is it in the better half of the games? This is not going to reveal much, especially since people are posting up to mission 9 spoilers in the spoiler thread now.

Spasm

I wonder how many of those who have the LCE ordered, and hated the inclusion of a digital code, will redeem it because they just can't wait for the disc swap procedure, haha.

Works out fine for me. I get a nice case for my bookshelf, and digital convenience.

My ranking for story is this; you can replace it with your own

H2> HCE>ODST>4>3>Reach

Where would Halo 5 fit? Is it in the better half of the games? This is not going to reveal much, especially since people are posting up to mission 9 spoilers in the spoiler thread now.

I don't like making rankings for stories. It's like judging which of my friends I like better.

In this metaphor, however, I would consider it a friend.

Fascinating. ;)

I've done some streams of the first two missions:

http://bestgameever.co.uk/2015/10/17/lets-play-halo-5-guardians/

I skip cutscenes, so minimal spoilers. :)

Co-op legendary next week Blue? Both stream our perspectives?

Sounds like a good idea!

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Works out fine for me. I get a nice case for my bookshelf, and digital convenience.

High five.

Can't justify LCEs these days, though. Wish the LE was like this. Came down to digital convenience, or nice box on a shelf. The former won out.

Top Bottom