• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New look at Star Wars: Skeleton Crew from a merchandise poster

ManaByte

X user found it at Hobby Lobby. Shows the kid cast and the droid (Jude law is in silhouette). It's a group of kids who find a ship on their planet and it takes off while they're exploring it. They get lost in space and it's assumed that Jude Law is who helps them get back home (he's a Force user). It's like a combination of Explorers and Goonies set in Star Wars from the director of the last Spider-Man trilogy.

Set in the same era as the Mando shows.

wdyPcoM.jpeg

X user found it at Hobby Lobby. Shows the kid cast and the droid (Jude law is in silhouette). It's a group of kids who find a ship on their planet and it takes off while they're exploring it. They get lost in space and it's assumed that Jude Law is who helps them get back home (he's a Force user). It's like a combination of Explorers and Goonies set in Star Wars from the director of the last Spider-Man trilogy.

Set in the same era as the Mando shows.

wdyPcoM.jpeg

That looks terrible..

I'm completely shocked that you think that. /s

Hey I love Andor, Rogue One and The Mandolorian Season Two. Disney Star Wars had more misses than hits though

After Andor Season Two comes out, I'm going to skip all of Disney Star Wars

As for Skeleton Crew, I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it. It's already looks like it's gonna to be as bad as The Acolyte..

Artoris

Gold Member
Hey I love Andor, Rogue One and The Mandolorian Season Two. Disney Star Wars had more misses than hits though

After Andor Season Two comes out, I'm going to skip all of Disney Star Wars

As for Skeleton Crew, I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it. It's already looks like it's gonna to be as bad as The Acolyte..

It's already looks like it's gonna to be as bad as The Acolyte

I am not too sure to me it lookse like there might be something to it but it will be more for children anyways

There's a toy picture, a promo poster, and a still of Jude Law released for it and you already have decided that. So we should take anything you post about it from now on as bullshit.

Really?

How about being right about most of Disney Star Wars?

Book of Boba Fett
The Mandolorian Season 3
Obi Wan
Ahsoka
The Bad Batch
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Rise of the Skywalker
Solo

All of those ended up terrible

You can think what I'm saying is bullshit but Disney Star Wars has sucked..

But I guess you will post memes and videos "disproving" the anti woke youtubers just to make yourself feel better..

Trogdor1123

Ok. This one sounds awesome. I loved Explorers so much. I’m all for a bit of goofy fun in that style.

I have essentially hated all the new Star Wars stuff but this has my attention.

BlackTron

When you put someone on ignore because out of a big list you somehow know "for a fact" they didn't watch two items on it, proving they're a troll. Yes, yes that is the real reason for it, absolutely. lol

By the way, I haven't seen Bad Batch but The Force Awakens was the first time I went to the theater to watch a new SW movie and rolled my eyes in boredom IN THE THEATER. The only reason it's the best of the 3 is because it's a copy/paste of ANH. Even Episode 2 was more interesting than that. I never watched it again. Is it really that hard to believe someone who dislikes this film actually watched it?

Last edited:
I am not too sure to me it lookse like there might be something to it but it will be more for children anyways

I don't know man, I think kids might be bored with the show

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

When you put someone on ignore because out of a big list you somehow know "for a fact" they didn't watch two items on it, proving they're a troll. Yes, yes that is the real reason for it, absolutely. lol

By the way, I haven't seen Bad Batch but The Force Awakens was the first time I went to the theater to watch a new SW movie and rolled my eyes in boredom IN THE THEATER. The only reason it's the best of the 3 is because it's a copy/paste of ANH. Even Episode 2 was more interesting than that. I never watched it again. Is it really that hard to believe someone who dislikes this film actually watched it?

Oh I find it funny. He's totally get angry whenever someone dares to critique Disney. I think the guy must be a paid shill for Disney. It's ridiculous

ManaByte

"Someone who dislikes something that I do never watched it" way less dumb, totally not shill behavior.
Please explain how I can be paid for liking Star Wars. You all seem to be an expert on “shills”. I’d like to get some of that money.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mana, it's okay to like every Star Wars show that Disney makes. Go for it. Also I appreciate that you make new threads for Star Wars news and the Star Wars shows that aren't necessarily hyped.

The problems arise when you attack and discredit people who don't like what you like, considering some of this stuff is very widely disliked by fans. It is not exactly inauthentic behavior to, for example, think that Mandalorian S3 or Book of Boba Fett or w/e is complete garbage. Everyone I know was stunned at how bad they were and was enjoying Mando up to that point. And you trash talk George Lucas left and right while propping up Disney. You're standing alone on that one. Not even the Collider types, completely in Disney's pockets, trash Lucas in between propping up the latest Disney swill. So it goes beyond even what the typical paid shills do.

You don't just give your impressions and move on. You attack and attempt to discredit others, try to control the narrative of a discussion and gatekeep. And it's from a perspective that simply does not align with most Star Wars fans here or in general, so you're constantly at odds with everyone else.

Just post about what you're interested in and give your impressions and thoughts. Leave the rest behind and no one is going to think you're a shill.

ManaByte

And you trash talk George Lucas left and right while propping up Disney. You're standing alone on that one. Not even the Collider types, completely in Disney's pockets, trash Lucas in between propping up the latest Disney swill. So it goes beyond even what the typical paid shills do.

I'm not trying to trash talk Lucas, but the last 10 years have created some insane myths (mostly on YouTube) about him to paint some alternate history that goes against how things really were when he was involved. Endless false narratives and outright bullshit that's easily debunked if anyone were to pick up a book (like the 3 Rinzler books which I still go back and read from time to time) and it's then parroted as if it were fact. And the way the internet works, it makes it here and posted as if it's gospel.

And I'll try to do better on the rest. Sorry.

The skulls appearing in a row of kids heads is certainly attention-grabbing.

Owen and Beru return.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
And I'll try to do better on the rest. Sorry.
Thanks. It's a two way street too. People shouldn't be popping in just to dump on whatever news you're posting unilaterally. Like in this case, we don't know much about the show yet, as you said, so there's no reason to hate it other than the general contempt a lot of people have for Disney Lucasfilm at the moment, so maybe people should just wait and see how things develop. It's not all bad, e.g., Andor. And you do try to keep tabs on what's legitimate and what's just made up rumor, which adds value to discussions.

I think star Wars is much more interesting when it tries to do something new and different. Mando was just a wandering space cowboy and that worked great. Well, until it wasn't and then it started sucking. Maybe this'll be good too, if it stays away from Jedis and all that.

I will say that the kids' outfits and stuff are not immediately appealing. Especially not to actual kids. They just want cool space soldiers, not someone who could be their classmate in a Halloween costume. The elephant alien and robot probably have the best shot. But then, I'm not very confident in the writing for this, seeing Disney's track record.

ManaByte

There are 2 boys? Looks like 3 girls and an alien.

Two boys and two girls. Naal (the Sy Snootles kid) is a boy.

img_1009-1-1024x594.jpg

Jon Watts pitched the show as literally "Goonies in Star Wars".

David Lowery directed one episode and Bryce Dallas Howard did one.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The poster isn't a lot to go on. Obviously anyone passing final judgement on the show based on this is hasty. Does it look like more of the same given the context of other stuff? Well, yeah it does lol. Doesn't guarantee anything. We can express our thoughts on what's currently available without it being either a troll attempt or stanning.

I'm about 50/50 intrigued by the concept, and worried at the vibes of the poster. It can go either way but I lean towards worried given Disney's track record, including and especially lately. I mean if it's basically The Acolyte but with fucking kids running around everywhere I'll pass.

IAmRei

Still hard skip, i really wish star wars do return to interest me, but i dont see it will soon, unfortunately...

Two boys and two girls. Naal (the Sy Snootles kid) is a boy.

img_1009-1-1024x594.jpg

Jon Watts pitched the show as literally "Goonies in Star Wars".

David Lowery directed one episode and Bryce Dallas Howard did one.

We shall see how it turns out when it's released. I enjoyed most of Jon Watts MCU Spider-Man films. Bryce Dallas Howard is a great director as my favorite episodes from Season Two of The Mandolorian have been directed by her. I'm a huge fan of David Lowery. I loved most of his stuff especially Pete's Dragon and The Green Knight. I'm taking a wait and see approach for Skeleton Crew and waiting for all episodes to be released than

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the trailer for this, based on who's directing episodes and the show runners. The poster looks as shit as every other Disney backed SW project though.

Edit: Didn't the trailer for this get leaked? Because whatever that was that I remember looked awful, I can't even remember the title now.

Edit 2: Didn't realise the trailer for this already released, it looks decent.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the trailer for this, based on who's directing episodes and the show runners. The poster looks as shit as every other Disney backed SW project though.

Edit: Didn't the trailer for this get leaked? Because whatever that was that I remember looked awful, I can't even remember the title now.

Edit 2: Didn't realise the trailer for this already released, it looks decent.

Fake trailer

Top Bottom