• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

ramyeon

It's a testament to how improved the 3d is because before that I would never turn it on.
I wish games were optimised for it better though. I can't put the bar up any more than a tiny bit with PQ because then all the menus go fuzzy. And the frames drop like crazy on the level up screen for whatever reason, it tends to run fine most of the time otherwise.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, pretty much, especially with the extra power.

Ah well, hopefully new releases goign forward will take advantage of it.

Currently got a 3DS XL got a couple of questions

1) Has anyone ordered one from 365 games yet? I'm seriously tempted by that. (do they actually have the stock in the UK)

2) if i was to put my 3DS XL SD card in the N3DS would it work fine with all my downloads etc?
I ordered one from 365games on Tuesday at 2am and they didn't dispatch it until Friday. Not a deal breaker I know, but I paid for the expedited delivery cus I wanted it soon... and it took them three full working days to dispatch :/

holy shit. region unlocked?

No homebrew or gateway or none of that shit. Are Pokemon games not region locked?
4q2CDrb.jpg

QevGoSE.jpg

iq1tJ3K.jpg

Rich!

Brian★;142175449 said:
holy shit. region unlocked?

No homebrew or gateway or none of that shit. Are Pokemon games not region locked?
4q2CDrb.jpg

QevGoSE.jpg

iq1tJ3K.jpg

Hahaha, you've been trolled.

Picture 1: a PAL english version
Rest of the photos: japanese version.

The JP Pokemon rom is the only one with the Japanese home menu graphics. If it was the PAL english version being played, it would be the english logo and text on the home menu even when played on a japanese console.

Proof? The Japanese Pokemon logo seen there is not in the PAL/English pokemon Y ROM.

What a shitty attempt at fooling people. If you know the guy, let him know he's a cock.

The JP Pokemon rom is the only one with the Japanese home menu graphics. If it was the PAL english version being played, it would be the english logo and text, even when on a japanese console

What a shitty attempt at fooling people.

no. Time to video. BTW, my console is a Japanese and my game is from PAL/AUS.

video is uploading. plz wait.

Rich!

Brian★;142175761 said:
no. Time to video. BTW, my console is a Japanese and my game is from PAL/AUS.

video is uploading. plz wait.

BULLSHIT.

Seriously, I know what I'm on about. Sod off with this crap. Want me to show proof from the decrypted rom that the japanese logo is nowhere to be found in the PAL ROM?

The JP Pokemon rom is the only one with the Japanese home menu graphics. If it was the PAL english version being played, it would be the english logo and text on the home menu even when played on a japanese console.

Proof? The Japanese Pokemon logo seen there is not in the PAL/English pokemon Y ROM.

What a shitty attempt at fooling people. If you know the guy, let him know he's a cock.

BULLSHIT.

Seriously, I know what I'm on about. Sod off with this crap.
lmao i am srsly uploading rn.

Qoxy8h8.png

Rich!

Brian★;142176328 said:
uhm excuse me. please have you watched the video. clearly, I have a PAL version of the 3DS and have entered it into the JP 3DS System and it works.

No. It doesnt.

Rich!

Brian★;142176403 said:
wowww really now. LMAOOO. please try it yourself. ..... I can make another video entering the game. LMAO

Right, I will eat my words if you show a video where the cartridge is shown clearly being put into the console and played. You didnt show that at all in the video, you did it entirely offscreen as to hide it.

If this is true, awesome. But you have shown nothing to prove otherwise. I would love to be wrong and apologize though

Rich!

Wow, well thats odd. I could have sworn the graphics were region specific.

Either way, the game doesnt run so whatever.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nah, I would simply apologize.

I would be happy if this is all true, I just...its unbelievable.

I think it's fake too, but you've used some serious insults and while it's up to the mods I think you've put yourself on the line hard lol.

Brian★;142176697 said:
first of all, I'll have to update the game. So if you excuse me.

Why would you need to update? Just show a video of the Australian Pokemon Y cart going in the 3DS without replacing the cart from off-screen.

(even that wouldn't prove it if you replaced the stickers but in which case that's a top tier troll)

Edit: Oh damn you're both sort of right/wrong. Nobody gets the shame, that sucks.

firstly, I'd like to apologize to everyone in this thread. The game is recognized. but doesn't boot. updated to v1.03. Sorry to richisawesome for this ongoing 10minute flame fight.

Rich!

Sorry for my attitude!

I was wrong on points too. Anyhow, its convinced me I need a break from gaf. My mind is all over the place.

Back in two weeks, yo.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys,I have a PAL new 3ds XL, and own tom clancy ghost recon, super monkey ball and some resident evil game all NTSC, and none of those 3 worked on my PAL new 3ds xl.

Zoro7

Banned
If I get a new 3ds XL from 365 games will it be dispatched from the UK? OR will I have to pay import tax?

Zoro7

Banned
Brian★;142178953 said:
365Games is a UK company, so I presume you won't have to pay for import tax.
btw, it will be dispatched from UK

Thanks. Looks like ill be getting a 3ds XL!!!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I believe it's got something to do with the way the game was distributed for launch. But yeah.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm... with the resolution the exact same, I'm guessing ds games still look like shit on there unless you play it at 1:1 mode?

Top Bottom