• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Switch model will enter mass production next quarter, says Weltrend CEO

Draugoth

Gold Member
Nintendo-Switch-2.webp

Translated from Portuguese to English:​

Taiwan Inc. com based semiconductor manufacturer Weltrend Semiconductor recently released its financial results and plans for the coming months.
As reported by the newspaper MoneyDJ, the company highlighted through a comment made by its CEO that "orders involving video game consoles will recover in the third quarter, including initial shipments of the new PlayStation 5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch models."
Taking into account that the three systems mentioned already have orders in progress, the quote "new models" refers to the unreleased products of the three companies (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) that are planned to be manufactured / assembled on a large scale over the next few months starting in the quarter starting in September 2024.
Weltrend Semiconductor is a manufacturer contracted by Nintendo to supply the Power Delivery (PD) Controller IC component, an integrated chip (IC) designed to manage communication and power control in systems that use the USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) standard — used by the current Nintendo Switch.
Source (Portuguese)

Original Source (Chinese)

feynoob

Banned
I am gonna buy it in 2025-2026 when it has enough library. Can't risk early adopters on chance of getting a defect unit.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Still expecting an announcement in September/October.
We don't even have a codename yet. This is gonna be the first time since the SNES that we don't get a codename in advance..maybe we won't get one this time..

Furukawa and his ways..

Last edited:

Hudo

I guess that's also when the leaks will start to happen for real and not some Schreier/NateDrake bullshittery and gaslighting.

Which would suggest that maybe Nintendo are gonna announce that thing next quarter as well. They aren't retards.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
That’s going to be reserved for the upgrade couple years down the road.
100% they already know they got the market why bother with the the oled can be offered 2 year upgrade. They would margin loss occur when they can sell the LCD model for 399.99 or more for two years!! Also I expect 64gb memory in base unit and $5.00 price increase for online

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Nintendo-Switch-2.webp

Translated from Portuguese to English:​

Source (Portuguese)

Original Source (Chinese)

Fake news. He didn’t say anything about a new model.

WealthyTek (stock code: 2436) held a press conference today, where CEO Lin Chung-tao explained the company’s performance in the first half of the year. Benefiting from the increased adoption of Type-C technology, the company’s USB PD (Power Delivery) control chip revenue accounted for 26% of total revenue in the first half of the year, showing a 30% growth compared to the same period last year. Additionally, due to continued demand for AI servers, revenue from server cooling fan motor ICs reached 21% of total revenue, tripling year-on-year. Both segments are expected to maintain growth in the second half of the year, resulting in overall improved performance.

Looking ahead, Lin Chung-tao mentioned that game console orders are rebounding in the power management IC sector, including shipments for PS5, Xbox, and Switch. Personal computer applications are also experiencing moderate growth, driven by increased demand during the electronics industry’s peak season.

Regarding fan motor performance, Lin Chung-tao expects the second half of the year to outperform the first half. In the server domain, the fourth quarter is anticipated to be a peak season, further boosting related revenue. WealthyTek and its subsidiary, Shengda Technology (stock code: 4945), currently hold market shares of over 20% in traditional server fan motors and 30% in AI servers, positioning them well for future opportunities.

Additionally, the company is optimistic about the trend toward liquid cooling solutions. New products such as water pumps, leak detection ICs, and water gate control ICs have already undergone verification and will begin small-scale shipments in the second quarter, with potential for further contributions as production scales up

StereoVsn

100% they already know they got the market why bother with the the oled can be offered 2 year upgrade. They would margin loss occur when they can sell the LCD model for 399.99 or more for two years!! Also I expect 64gb memory in base unit and $5.00 price increase for online
Got to think they are going to have at least 256gb… but then again, it’s Nintendo.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
So 2025:

Nintendo Switch 2
Xbox Handheld
Sony Playstation Pro Or PSP3?
For Xbox it's most propbably the recent Xbox Series refresh. Handheld? With Windows on Steam Deck and SteamOS on ROG Ally I kinda don't see the point for MS to rush anything at this point.

PS5 Pro and Switch 2 is a given.

For Xbox it's most propbably the recent Xbox Series refresh. Handheld? With Windows on Steam Deck and SteamOS on ROG Ally I kinda don't see the point for MS to rush anything at this point.

PS5 Pro and Switch 2 is a given.
Ms Surface team is now the engineers in charge of new Xbox hardware. It is likely Xbox handheld comes in 2025/2026

Dr.D00p

If that's the case then Nintendo needs to get ahead of things because it will only be a question of when a leaked photograph of one coming off the production line leaks online.

Solarstrike

Take this with a grain of salt. Was debating on whether to post this or not but yolo so here goes. Went to Gamestop and traded in my PS5 and Switch along with a bunch of games few days ago. Received decent in store credit for everything which I will use for either the upcoming Switch, PS5 Pro/PS6, or the rumored XBOX handheld and still have enough for a few games. Anyway, so I was bs'ing with employee (not naming names) about the new Switch. He said a "Nintendo rep" visits the store every now and then and "drops information" on the new Switch/Nintendo's next console. The rep stated "The system will be backwards compatible". The rep also stated (I think we all know this) "Nintendo isn't sure on a name yet for the new system they want more games in development to progress before announcing anything official". Lastly, I asked the Gamestop employee if he heard anything about the new system having streaming capability/internet capabilities and/or OLED display. He said the rep told him that "people are going to be very surprised by the capabilities of the system". Not much information yeah I know but I believe it's something. Mods, if this stuff is already known in the field, throw me in the lava pit in Bowser's castle

Last edited:
Top Bottom