• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 |OT| Coins!

entremet

iTyo6JWoVsIUv.gif

Pretty sure he's talking about first run games. Like release window.

Exeunt

Downloading as I type! If anyone living on the East Coast can't see the download yet, try exiting the eShop and logging back in again. It wasn't downloadable for me right when GAF noticed it went up but when I logged back in it let me make my purchase.

Oxymoron

Yep. There is no industry-wide precedence for cheaper digital games, yet people think it should be expected.

Right. If I'm willing to pay 40$ for a game, I should be willing to pay that same 40$ whether or not the game is on physical media (setting aside DRM concerns//"what happens when Gaben pulls the plug" concerns). All Nintendo's doing now is cutting out the middleman, which a lot of successful companies do (oil companies, Apple) and making sure more of the revenue ends up in its own pocket, without changing the value proposition to the customer. There's nothing insidious here.

zroid

Banned
Congrats downloaders. You are being rewarded.

However, I am going to take my $10 boxed copy to the bank tomorrow morning, suckas

Congrats downloaders. You are being rewarded.

However, I am going to take my $10 boxed copy to the bank tomorrow morning, suckas
Well atleast I'll have it on my system at all times sucka.

(Only reason I went digital is because I know later on I'll get retail for mutiplayer. So that, with double cn points made me go digital now.)

Its been seven minutes...and only at 2% wtf.

Servers pls.

Holy flying **** the game is $61 USD [800 MXN] in Mexico. Welp. There goes my digital purchase of this, Layton 5, and Animal Crossing.

Either way, I hope all of you are having fun!

beanman25

I only had to pay $39.97. Anyone else have that? I had no balance or anything in my account either.

EDIT: I'm taking those $0.02 to the candy store for 2 pieces of candy!

Tim-E

Nintendo's first midnight digital launch has gone smoother than any Steam midnight launch I participated in.

Exeunt

Just finished my download 18 minutes after midnight. Not the best, but pretty smooth compared to the eShop launch; now it's time for some post-midnight Mario! Have fun, everybody!

Marche90

Holy flying **** the game is $61 USD [800 MXN] in Mexico.

And here I was hoping that the prices in dollars were respected.

Not buying any of the downloadable full games. Your loss, Nintendo.

They really handled very badly this, don't you think? Aus, Bra and Mex got shafted, just to name a few examples.

Oh, I'm glad they give you three digits for lives instead of maxing out at x99. Only having 99 would just make the game unfairly difficult.

Brazil: US$74,36. Ugh.
Damn... just when I thought it couln't get worse. We in Latin America always end up with overly inflated prices in retail games; I thought this would be the best alternative if priced at even $40. The thought of having this digitally was nice...
Oh well, at least they don't rip us off with the 3DSWare prices.

And here I was hoping that the prices in dollars were respected.

Not buying any of the downloadable full games. Your loss, Nintendo.

They really handled very badly this, don't you think? Aus, Bra and Mex got shafted, just to name a few examples.

Yeah, they messed up. It's surprising because they did a pretty good job so far with the price conversions, but oh well. I hope (lol) they fix this in future digital releases.

Enough ranting, I guess.
I'm surprised the eShop is still up and running normally. I figured it would go down with all the traffic, like in Japan.

clemenx

Banned
Holy flying **** the game is $61 USD [800 MXN] in Mexico. Welp. There goes my digital purchase of this, Layton 5, and Animal Crossing.

Brazil: US$74.36. Ugh.

At least you guys have an eShop! (Venezuela here)

Oh well, that was pretty predictable, no? It sucks but there's nothing wrong or preventing setting the eShop to the US one...

RM8

WTF. See, I was never buying digital versions of retail games for 3DS anyway, but this completely confirms it for me.

Rockman

Has Nintendo fixed their shitty Wii/DS/DSi/3DS purchase history system? Can I purchase this game now, sell my 3DS later on, then download the game again onto my new 3DSXL without them giving me shit?

GWX

At least you guys have an eShop! (Venezuela here)

Oh well, that was pretty predictable, no? It sucks but there's nothing wrong or preventing setting the eShop to the US one...

Yeah, using the US eShop seems to be the way to go. And you get 100 Club Nintendo points to boot!

Tim-E

That's what I miss about Nintendo Points. I was never charged taxes on points, but am charged DOUBLE taxes on the 3DS. ( buy a $20 card with 8.25% tax + tax on games bought using the card on the eshop )

You're making two separate purchases at two separate stores. Why wouldn't you pay taxes twice? If you don't want to pay two separate sales tax fees, don't make purchases at two separate stores.

I only played the first few levels yesterday (couldn't help myself lol) but I can already see me getting addicted to the coin 'high score' aspect.

Waiting for my XL to be released on Thursday to start playing properly. Coooome on time.

Got charged tax but oh we'll. C'mon DL...

Move to Alaska. That's what I did. Now no tax when I buy credit on the e-shop, and no tax when I buy the games from the e-shop. With that said, there's no way I'm buying Mario for 40 dollars with no means to trade it in. Getting it for 29.99 retail, and will most likely trade it in down the road or sell it for close to the same price I bought it for.

I didn't really move

Top Bottom