• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Not Banned from OT
member: 742340 said:
It doesnt need to be 13, or even 12 for that matter. All ps5 has to do is be within 10-11 teraflops, have good exclusive software, and be 399. If they hit those goals then it really doesnt matter what microsft does. Its game over.

I would not get your hopes up for that. I still can't find a legitimate insider who is not a ms shill who says PS5 is weaker. So your looking at 499.99 13tf console also.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
It doesnt need to be 13, or even 12 for that matter. All ps5 has to do is be within 10-11 teraflops, have good exclusive software, and be 399. If they hit those goals then it really doesnt matter what microsft does. Its game over.

This is what I've been saying. History has shown this.

SmokSmog

Corrected

PS5

CPU: Zen 2 8core/16thread 3.4Ghz
GPU: Full big navi 80cus 1575mhz 0.85v core voltage (ideal clocks perf/w) 16TF, power consumption around desktop RX 5700XT , this gpu is overvolted, stock voltage 1.2v!!!.
APU memory: 2X 12GB HBM2E total 24GB on 2048 bit bus, 820GB/s.
1TB ssd NVMe 5GB/s

APU on 7nm EUV 450mm2
BOM cost 600$
Retail 499$ (100$ loss)

Last edited:
Corrected

PS5

GPU: Full big navi 80cus 1575mhz 0.85v core voltage (ideal clocks perf/w) 16TF, power consumption around desktop RX 5700XT , this gpu is overvolted, stock voltage 1.2v!!!.
1TB ssd NVMe 5GB/s

APU on 7nm EUV 450mm2
BOM cost 600$
Retail 499$ (100$ loss)
Count your days cuz the mods are cumin for dat ass

Ar¢tos

What's funny is Variable Rate Shading is not MS tech, it's in the hardware from AMD.
Oh.. But they have a patent now!
"look, we have a patent!"
You know it's special when there is a patent! (ignoring all previous AMD, Nvidia, Sony, and other companies patents on the same thing).

Sony has patents on RayTracing starting from the 00s! (not applied to gaming the earlier ones, for render farms for movies CG, but the principle is the same), and they don't boast it at every chance they have.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I have a feeling there is a forum more suited to your sensitive nature.

I was thinking tht. Why do ppl get offended if someone disrespects one of these corporate, fanboy talking heads or super fans? I said Phil Spencer looks like a drunken frat boy and the response was hilarious lol Say something about Shu I wouldn't care 🤣🤣🤣🤣or of my favorite YouTube.

Last edited:
Its game over? This isn't 2013. Xbox is making power a high priority and invested heavily in 1st party. This isn't a 2013 scenario where XB1 is significantly weaker,100 dollars more with kinect being ramed through everyones throats, and of course...resolutiongate

Last edited:
Oh.. But they have a patent now!
"look, we have a patent!"
You know it's special when there is a patent! (ignoring all previous AMD, Nvidia, Sony, and other companies patents on the same thing).

Sony has patents on RayTracing starting from the 00s! (not applied to gaming the earlier ones, for render farms for movies CG, but the principle is the same), and they don't boast it at every chance they have.
At least try to hide the fact you're upset and butthurt about all the positive buzz around XSX.

Dargor

Corrected

PS5

1TB ssd NVMe 5GB/s

APU on 7nm EUV 450mm2
BOM cost 600$
Retail 499$ (100$ loss)

I'm sorry, isnt this like much more than any of the most ardent of fans expect?

McHuj

My guess is that when retail production starts up is when MS will finalize the TF count. If yields are good for 12TF chips, they'll stick with it. If not, they may knock the clock down a bit or disable some additional CU's. Either way their statement gives them wiggle room if things look bad in production.

For Sony, I do wonder if they may pull off a surprise with regards to the release date. It seems that their devkits have been out longer and they seem more ready. Perhaps an October launch? A month or more before Xbox would be a killer move.

Ar¢tos

At least try to hide the fact you're upset and butthurt about all the positive buzz around XSX.
*sigh*
The buzz is indiferent to me, I'm getting both regardless of specs.
I'm talking about the company attitude, boasting like that might work in the US, but it's something that in excess is frowned upon in EU (and probably the main reason why they never succeed here) . If they really want to get hold of the EU market, they need to change their attitude.

FranXico

Corrected

PS5

1TB ssd NVMe 5GB/s

APU on 7nm EUV 450mm2
BOM cost 600$
Retail 499$ (100$ loss)
I *really* don't believe you.

Kdad

There is nothing cool in offending people over the Internet. Just makes you look like a pussy.
giphy.gif

Gamernyc78

Banned
There is nothing cool in offending people over the Internet. Just makes you look like a pussy.

Tht shit is not tht serious. Soft skin looks lil too millennial. Arthur is an Xbox schill, thts a fact. He talks stupidity out his mouth, he's been disproven plenty of times. You want respect talk like you aren't a biased lame.

Last edited:
*sigh*
The buzz is indiferent to me, I'm getting both regardless of specs.
I'm talking about the company attitude, boasting like that might work in the US, but it's something that in excess is frowned upon in EU (and probably the main reason why they never succeed here) . If they really want to get hold of the EU market, they need to change their attitude.
Ever heard of errogant sony? Guess EU hates Sony too! Its about the product. Phil is excited and confident about what his team has built. Maybe you're a little too sensitive? You seem bitter and its obvious why.

Ar¢tos

Ever heard of errogant sony? Guess EU hates Sony too! Its about the product. Phil is excited and confident about what his team has built. Maybe you're a little too sensitive? You seem bitter and its obvious why.
Arrogant Sony costed them a lot and nearly lost them a gen, and they learned humility from the experience.
I know it's hard for you to understand that someone might not care enough about sides or specs of plastic boxes.
Don't assume everyone that has any criticism is an instant enemy. Grow up a bit.

Corrected

PS5

1TB ssd NVMe 5GB/s

APU on 7nm EUV 450mm2
BOM cost 600$
Retail 499$ (100$ loss)
Nice dope (y)

Zato

Banned

Is Arthur offended? If he is he should get off the internet as it's not for thin skinned people.

Well there is a place but it's as authoritarian and draconian as any facist state / dictatorship I have ever heard of.

I hope he has thanked you for defending him, make sure you pick up all the pieces of that poor shattered soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom