• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

Well ain't this some shit. I just found this at pastebin (dated today):

1. Latest info on ps5/xsx:

2. - Performance is around the same for both, with a small advantage for PS5 (which won't make much of a difference in the end, imo)
  3. - ps5 ~13TF / xsx ~12TF
  4. - Both use GDDR6, no, there's no HBM2 going on.
  5. - Cpu clock is 3.2Ghz for PS5 and 3.4Ghz for XSX, both have a very low power standby mode
  6. - Current PS5 devkits have the GPU running a little over 2Ghz, XSX @ 1.6 or 1.7Ghz
  7. - PS5 is supposed to have 24GB for retail, XSX at the moment is 16GB, not sure if that's set though
  8. - PS5 SSD 4.5GB/s, XSX 2GB/s, both 1TB
  9. - Both use TSMC's EUV/7nm+.

10. More people will be reporting this in the next few weeks. Info has been out for a while now.

Doesn't it fall down on the RAM? 24GB of GDDR6 would mean a 384-bit bus. I know some say mixed density chips but I don't believe that will happen. It is either 16GB or 32GB on a 256-bit bus for me.

Fake

Gold Member
CameFromNearFuture CameFromNearFuture and XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog have yet to provide any information.
giphy.gif

Bryank75

Banned
There are a few things with the XBox SEX that I think are questionable.... why are there no USB's at the front/top/side of the console.

If it sits on the side, it looks so horrible. It's too wide to be aesthetically pleasing on the side.

Why is there an ashtray on top? Is that for your after SEX smoke?

The lack of USB's is not a good thing though...

Last edited:
Hope you guys understand i had to be so freaking carefull about my source. Youre gonna understand everything Very very soon. Stay tuned for some crazy shit happening in both sony and ms reveal events.
Ok so how about this pastebin?

2. - Performance is around the same for both, with a small advantage for PS5 (which won't make much of a difference in the end, imo)
  5. - Cpu clock is 3.2Ghz for PS5 and 3.4Ghz for XSX, both have a very low power standby mode
  6. - Current PS5 devkits have the GPU running a little over 2Ghz, XSX @ 1.6 or 1.7Ghz
  7. - PS5 is supposed to have 24GB for retail, XSX at the moment is 16GB, not sure if that's set though

10. More people will be reporting this in the next few weeks. Info has been out for a while now.

How accurate?

Hope you guys understand i had to be so freaking carefull about my source. Youre gonna understand everything Very very soon. Stay tuned for some crazy shit happening in both sony and ms reveal events.
The fact u didn’t get ban makes you more trustable than a random poster . So thanks for the info.
Was the rumors about xsx being 10.6 TF spec sheet in 2018 correct ? And then they decided to up clock to 12? Have u heard that at all?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

How accurate?

Tht PS5 SSD situation is 👌🔥

How accurate?
Close enough but not that much

Mass Shift

I don't take tht at square one. If he wasn't banned seems like there some validity in him being an insider and having info he just might not be willing to share certain things and I wouldn't blame him.

See? But then that's you providing an explanation for why instead of just what he said being validated.

Aren't you tired of this? It's their leaks, why do we have to keep figuring them out? Seriously, it has to be official at this point, otherwise we just keep going around in circles.

Gamernyc78

Banned
See? But then that's you providing an explanation for why instead of just what he said being validated.

Aren't you tired of this? It's their leaks, why do we have to keep figuring them out? Seriously, it has to be official at this point, otherwise we just keep going around in circles.

I understand your point.

Dory16

Banned
I suppose all the wet dreamers/ rumor peddlers have read this statement by Digital Foundry by now?
"Meanwhile, the PS5 GPU may be shrouded in mystery, but if the indications are true for Series X, Microsoft has developed a console GPU that is more performant and more feature-rich than any Navi part AMD has shipped in 2019. "

Rossco EZ

well thank you for sharing what you know:messenger_sunglasses:, (real or not) we will find out soon enough as you say.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I suppose all the wet dreamers/ rumor peddlers have read this statement by Digital Foundry by now?
"Meanwhile, the PS5 GPU may be shrouded in mystery, but if the indications are true for Series X, Microsoft has developed a console GPU that is more performant and more feature-rich than any Navi part AMD has shipped in 2019. "

Yeah similar to the more balanced bs hyperbole talk we heard about the Xbox One 🤦‍♂️We have learned our lesson 👀😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom