• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zheph

So we have Call for Duty Black Ops Cold War on Xbox Series X and Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War on PS5, but which one is better?

There's only one way to find out...
xG7glbm.jpg
All guns got a unique feeling on dualsense and apparently it's really good :

B_Boss

fr9u6fR.jpg

What a day.
My copy of Demon's Souls was supposedly delayed till Friday... and then it miraculously showed up before the console!

Already had a blast with Astrobot but now I'm going to go get lost in Boletaria.

See you all on the otherside.

Holy shit is that THE console of consoles on the right?? If it is, talk about a beauitful photograph....bridging the gaps of gaming time long and far. Awesome and simple setup. Love it.

Heads up...for games with a last gen and next gen version make sure you dont download the ps4 or xbox 1 version trying to play next gen

was OVER HERE pissed at cold war on series x and realized id installed the xbox 1 version. Was barely maintaining 30fps

downloaded the right one and now im good at 120hz lol

sircaw

Banned
I will agree with you on that. The power difference in practice is extremely small from what we see so far.

AND

You gotta eat crow on the SSD speed though.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Have you seen the loading in spiderman and demon souls, hows those apples doing?

Pretty poor attempt, i know i got under your skin earlier tonight but you need to do better than that Mr i am a PROFESSIONAL.

Be better.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Heads up...for games with a last gen and next gen version make sure you dont download the ps4 or xbox 1 version trying to play next gen

was OVER HERE pissed at cold war on series x and realized id installed the xbox 1 version. Was barely maintaining 30fps

downloaded the right one and now im good at 120hz lol

I did this on my PS5. It said I had 2 miles Morales and one of them was the PS4 version. It wasn’t looking top notch, lucky I went into storage and seen that I had 2 downloads.

Pay attention folks...

sircaw

Banned
I see you are beaming with pride that your future $500 console matches the other guy's $500 console

i am beaming that a bunch of xbox fanatics are not having their cake and eating it, i witnessed two of them the other day trying to shit all over a sony guy for him having the audacity to say that the caches would matter. Those two fuckheads basically insulted the person then afterwards continued to say, yer wait till these ponies realize how great all the cu's are going to be, velocity architecture is like ambrosia from Phils arse bla bla bla.

Last night we have people now saying "well nxgamer is not a very good reviewer lets wait for Digital foundry"
err, this game is not a good games for comparisons
Guys lets wait for cyber punk that will show them
Err its the beginning of the generation, Microsoft's tools will get so much better over time (but Sony's won't)

And the being all nice and smooth bullshit last night i saw, cos things did not go there way.

Done with it now. :messenger_heart:

Grinchy

Banned
I had a point where I quit out of COD to change a network setting, and when I went to click on it again just a minute later, it had somehow reverted on its own to the PS4 version and it tried to start downloading it. Luckily I noticed and canceled the download and had to go to some drop down menu to select the PS5 version again.

I guess I can see now why some people think you have to have both, or how someone can accidentally be playing the PS4 version on PS5, ect.

kyliethicc

I did this on my PS5. It said I had 2 miles Morales and one of them was the PS4 version. It wasn’t looking top notch, lucky I went into storage and seen that I had 2 downloads.

Pay attention folks...

On PS5 you can have both PS4 & PS5 versions downloaded so you can swap between the versions from the home screen. Or just download 1 of the 2 versions when in the library. Cross-gen games essentially exist twice on PS5 and each gen version is separate.

They basically hide the PS4 version of cross gen games like Miles in the options menu of the PS5 version. Inverse of that too.

gpvI1kt.jpg

z7ikNDB.jpg

GaAgQ9p.jpg

fxccvxr.jpg

Guys didn't I say to you lot several months back that I believed PS5 would outperform the Series X with launch titles? I'm going to dig up those old posts in this thread.

You should all do a whip round and buy me another world's most powerful console (PS5) for my unstinting commitment to the truth.

Tajaz2426

On PS5 you can have both PS4 & PS5 versions downloaded so you can swap between the versions from the home screen. Or just download 1 of the 2 versions when in the library. Cross-gen games essentially exist twice on PS5 and each gen version is separate.

They basically hide the PS4 version of cross gen games like Miles in the options menu of the PS5 version. Inverse of that too.

gpvI1kt.jpg

z7ikNDB.jpg

GaAgQ9p.jpg

fxccvxr.jpg
Thanks for the information, brother. Most appreciated.

Duchess

New PS5 owners:

How's the fan noise? Can you hear it at all?

Has anyone's DualSense battery run out yet? If so, how long did it last?

Is Netflix available and working?

Is PS Now (PS4 downloads) working as expected?

Tajaz2426

New PS5 owners:

How's the fan noise? Can you hear it at all?

Has anyone's DualSense battery run out yet? If so, how long did it last?

Is Netflix available and working?

Is PS Now (PS4 downloads) working as expected?
The fan in mine is dead quite, I don’t think I have heard of all.

I played 8 hours today and still had one bar left on the controller.

Netflix is working, although I use my NVidia Shield to watch Netflix.

Don’t know about PS Now, just yet. I haven’t tried it. Hope this helps, bud.

mitchman

Gold Member
A buddy of mine works as a sneaky press fuck and he said the PS5 is slightly louder than the XSX, but chances are you won't notice the fans at all.

ZywyPL

Banned
Is it just me, or the last minute touch-ups actually make their job this time around? When games like Dirt 5, AC:V, WD:Legion etc. were shown at first they look outdated, but once actually released/patched they look pretty damn good, even impressive I'd say.

geordiemp

Is it just me, or the last minute touch-ups actually make their job this time around? When games like Dirt 5, AC:V, WD:Legion etc. were shown at first they look outdated, but once actually released/patched they look pretty damn good, even impressive I'd say.

I agree in that we must wait for patches, this is a new gen and alsst minute patches on release day is to be expected.

renx

Even on the non-patched games that will remain 30fps...those 33ms frametimes are so perfectly steady, it makes the game run so much better and more responsive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom