• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

It's a truthbomb that will sting a certain set of people probably the entire gen.

The 'wait for next gen' titles excuse now is hilarious. When's the next big next gen exclusive multiplat title, 2022?!

Also... let's not forget every single XsX game from now on has to also be designed to run on inferior technology. Playstation 5 exclusives will have no such issues. The best looking and playing games this gen will be on Ps5, simply because Microsoft have chosen the wrong strategy for pushing games design.

Generic wise it’s normal. Console wise, not normal. PS4 throttled background downloads and prioritised multiplayer. Console needs basic QOS.

Has been a standard since 360 days.

Remember, the PS4 downloads were damn slow and no where near saturated your internet connection. From what I read the downloads on PS5 are significantly faster now. So maybe it is saturating your connection and that's what is causing the issue. Yeah, they could intentionally slow it down ... but in the days of PS4 it was always slow, intentional or otherwise.

LivingD3AD

Better resolution and better performance wow

8IfZ1zI.jpg

vBSK2TN.jpg

LNXMAM9.jpg

MastaKiiLA

Selective screens. Both dip at same time as well on other segments. Why is the S st 30fps?
That's not selective screenshots, in defense of those posting them. The XSX definitely drops frame and tears more than both the PS5 and XSS. There's no bias in that, the video shows significant sections where the XSX drops off the 60fps mark, and it is always accompanied by tearing. This game does not perform particularly well for its visuals, but 2020 has been a weird year.

On Demand

Banned
Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Better resolution and better performance wow

8IfZ1zI.jpg

vBSK2TN.jpg

LNXMAM9.jpg

Another strike against Dusktrollum and his BS inside info about PS5.

So much for PS fans “needing to prepare for what’s coming in graphics comparisons.”

Can’t believe he even framed it that way. Need to prepare? Fucking seriously?

Last edited:

MistBreeze

the consoles are both great so far although ps5 is clearly better in ass creed valhalla

Im getting impatient ... it is still 6 days for us to get ps5

here in Saudi Arabia xbox series x is available everywhere to purchase no pre order needed...

Rob_27

Is that the largest lead the XSX has when it comes to FPS?
Dunno I'm not going through it with a fine tooth comb I'd rather play it. Don't care which platform but will have to wait if on PS5 mines not coming until 19th.

Generations don't change, there will always be people who laugh at other platforms just to be in the it crowd.

Felessan

Selective screens. Both dip at same time as well on other segments. Why is the S st 30fps?
There are two segments - village crowd (3:00) and city (5:20) that really shows the difference.
Both consoles dips, especially on effects, but there no scenes in this video where xbox consitantly for 10+ sec have a clear advantage of locked 60 fps.

Duchess

re: Assassin's Creed : Valhalla - what's the resolutions of the two machines?

I heard the PS5 was upscaled, but the XSX was using dynamic 4K?

If so, the PS5 would be having an easier time of things?

Mr Moose

re: Assassin's Creed : Valhalla - what's the resolutions of the two machines?

I heard the PS5 was upscaled, but the XSX was using dynamic 4K?

If so, the PS5 would be having an easier time of things?
PS5 and Xbox Series X use a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. Both consoles rarely render at a native resolution of 3840x2160. The native resolution is usually between 2432x1368 and 2880x1620 on both consoles. PS5 and Xbox Series X use a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160 when rendering natively below this resolution.
Pretty much the same, with a very slight advantage on PS5 overall (less tearing, slightly better average fps and I mean slightly lol, 59.85 v 59.62)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom