• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidRex

😂
qBedKkR.jpg
0oJMT0O.jpg

Last edited:

yewles1

Yes it’s awesome. A perfect 4k. However let’s not throw CB under the bus. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn and God Of War also look spectacular, all the while employing CB.
The only time I myself was really impressed with CB was Dark Souls remastered. Take of that what you will.

ethomaz

Banned
Fair point.

Folks can we stop derailing the thread with unrelated twitter drama.

+1. I really dislike how this thread has turned into random twitter posts. Sometimes with zero context.
It is not a Tech thread for months already... it become a Meta thread.
It helps to alleviate a lot the unrelated derailing posts in actual news threads.

That is what I understand from the mods decisions to keep this thread open.

It helps to alleviate a lot the unrelated derailing posts in actual news threads.

I'm not saying it has to be a tech thread exclusively.

But there's a world of difference between next-gen console-related stuff finding its way here and completely off-topic twitter drama that interests very few.

ToadMan

I think this thread won’t ever get closed. Why should it? Many old threads exist - they don’t get closed.

People just keep posting here - why not?. Personally I’m OK with that - in fact I wish the mods would be a be a bit more aggressive merging threads together or pushing trivial new release stuff like DF face offs in here. The board is still full of console warring infecting a lot of threads - push it all back in here and clean those up for genuine chit chat or discussion.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Which is fine.

But I choose not to read the unmoderated hellhole that is Twitter.. you guys posting Xbox fanboy crap from outside the forum.. when the same people would get banned here, what is the purpose?

Last edited:
so XSX 4.8Gb/s figure is general compression(zip?) + BCpack compression? and could reach theoretical max 6GB/s because BCpack can compress over x2 ratio and PS5 8GB/s to 9GB/s figure is just Kraken compression.
so if that's the case:
PS5 should be compared against XSX with Oodie texture comp which is 6GB/s vs 17.38GB/s
without texture comp XSX ??? vs PS5 8-9GB/s.

Actually it is this

XSX SSD raw 2.4 - PS5 SSD raw 5.5
XSX SSD compressed on average 4.8 - PS5 SSD compressed on average <>15
XSX SSD theoretical max ( if compressed well ) around 6 - PS5 theoretical max ( if compressed well ) around 22

DaGwaphics

Anyone else noticing an increase in monetization effort on the part of the powers that be at GAF. Like, literally every time I click a notification to jump to a new post in a thread, I get a popup ad.

Before they just occasionally tried to sell me over priced GAF merch, but this is a little annoying I must say. Just because of how frequent it is. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

roops67

Anyone else noticing an increase in monetization effort on the part of the powers that be at GAF. Like, literally every time I click a notification to jump to a new post in a thread, I get a popup ad.

Before they just occasionally tried to sell me over priced GAF merch, but this is a little annoying I must say. Just because of how frequent it is. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Move over to the 'Brave' web-browser. Your welcome :messenger_winking:

SSfox

They need to stop talking about what they "plan to do" and start taking more action ....

We are months out from CyI said berpunk 2077's launch and we still have no release date on the next gen update for the game or Witcher 3's next gen update.

How many different "roadmaps" are they going to release at this point?
This.

I said before even pre C2077 release that CDPR talk way too much, they kept announcing features and information for Cyberpunk and then few months later they announce that some features they announced before won't be available in the game because " MUH Insert any excuse city here MUH". You would think they learned from that but it doesn't seem to be the case (yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom