• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAnon

The thing is, if DF starts to leak the things they know already, they' have much more to lose than fucking Kleegamer.
They don't need to tell numbers. Just say "We are confident that PS5 will be double digit TF". They don't even need to say that someone they trust hinted it. Just show a stance. But there's none. Hell, it's not just DF.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

onQ123

You can’t create magic it’s all the same tech ... both implementations will be about the same. Won’t make up the difference in gpu and cpu crunch.

You said all the info had leaked but that can't be true if we don't have any info on their Ray-tracing & SSD

joe_zazen

Good to know DF agree with AMD leak as the biggest breakthrough of defining the true power of Next Gen Consoles unlike Matt on Reera.

XSX might be a bigger beast than we thought 😎

df are staffed by liberal arts types who found a profitable niche milking patreon parasocial nerds and are fed information by corporations. Matt has an actual comp education and works as a coder albeit no longer in gaming. It isnt even a contest.

i am going to miss the drama of these threads. It makes me nostalgic for the old days with epic npd threads (which included actual numbers!!!),, mental WUST threads, hilarious kaz gifs, SuperDae, Iwata being Iwata, cboat, and me actually caring about console sales and who wins and actually wanting to play the must-play games....yeah, I haven't played any of the big games in like 18+ months and I just dont care about doing so.

I dont even know if I am going to buy any of the new consoles....makes me sad because i feel so old. I mean, yeah i want to feel ‘magic’ when playing shit like botw but i cant escape the reality that i am just pressing plastic buttons like a skinner rat to see toons move, numbers go up, and get dopamine released....makes it hard to get passionate about posting on gaf and ree, lol.

Last edited:
The thing is, if DF starts to leak the things they know already, they' have much more to lose than fucking Kleegamer.

Wouldn't they also have a lot to lose by pushing narratives that they already know are inaccurate? That would be quite different than reporting something inaccurate without realizing it (which happens all the time in the world of tech).

Lendor

They don't need to tell numbers. Just say "We are confident that PS5 will be double digit TF".
No, thats just as bad.

They have a decent audience number of views, ''double the power'' or whatever is already a type of marketing that none of the brands want to be ou there if are not said by themselves, and DF want to maintain the good relationships with those brands.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wouldn't they also have a lot to lose by pushing narratives that they already know are inaccurate? That would be quite different than reporting something inaccurate without realizing it (which happens all the time in the world of tech).

Nah, they are entrenched in "system wars" when it comes to their analysis by proxy.

Lendor

df are staffed by liberal arts types who found a profitable niche milking patreon parasocial nerds and are fed information by corporations. Matt has an actual comp education and works as a coder. It isnt even a contest.

i am going to miss the drama of these threads. It makes me nostalgic for the old days with epic npd threads (which included actual numbers!!!),, mental WUST threads, hilarious kaz gifs, SuperDae, Iwata being Iwata, cboat, and me actually caring about console sales and who wins and actually wanting to play the must-play games....yeah, I haven't played any of the big games in like 18+ months and I just dont care about doing so.

I dont even know if I am going to buy any of the new consoles....makes me sad because i feel so old. I mean, yeah i want to feel ‘magic’ when playing shit like botw but i cant escape the reality that i am just pressing plastic buttons like a skinner rat to see toons move, numbers go up, and get dopamine released....makes it hard to get passionate about posting on gaf and ree, lol.
Dude, all your posts have the paranoic communist type of shit 'fuck capitalism' bullshit. Jesus

FranXico

true to some extent. what i will say that orbis and durango specs leaked about the same time, a year before launch and they were dead accurate.
Those leaked by actually stealing information back then, not test results pushed to a public GitHub repo without context.

Lendor

They are just commenting on rumors that are quite old.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
did MS play 4d chess by sending out weak devkits to fool sony into thinking they were more powerful?
I'd say its more likely that the devs kits were simply clocked much lower. Thermals are going to be a focus on series X if it is indeed 56 CU's. So they might not of been ready to crank the cores up yet.

are they still saying ps4 13tflops?
Yea that is what bothers me . Either back down or give more info . Klee has said: I said what I said and I stand by it and I will come back on feb after Playstation meeting .

we also have industry insiders in spawn wave show today and he outright says 9.2 is inaccurate and ps5 has power edge in TF

it’s such a bizarre situation

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
Yea that is what bothers me . Either back down or give more info . Klee has said: I said what I said and I stand by it and I will come back on feb after Playstation meeting .

we also have industry insiders in spawn wave show today and he outright says 9.2 is inaccurate and ps5 has power edge in TF

it’s such a bizarre situation

maybe 9.2 is their lockhart version?

R600

Banned
Btw Im thinking both will be produced on 7P node and this is where Sony got clock 1.8GHZ to 2.0GHz.

5600XT card already seems to be produced on 7P and has higher OC clock then 5700. And node itself is straight evolution from default 7nm unlike 7+ nm.

Gudji

DF is more reliable than Klee or some insiders wannbe.

AMD internal testing told us so much about PS5.

They know as much as we do. They are NOT insiders, they just talk about shit they find online, same as us.
One of the insiders wannabe that you're talking about said that PS5 would have hardware raytracing on the same day Xbox announced project scarlett, let that sink in.
The same guy said yesterday that the leaked documents aren't confirmation of anything. So it's ikely and with base on all the info we've had that:
A) Both consoles are in the 9-10 TF range
B) Both are on the 12-13 TF range

are they still saying ps4 13tflops?

Klee always said PS5 had an advantage. The 12 TF for xbox was rumored at E3 just like PS5 being more powerful was rumored at E3. It's nothing new.

Pushing narratives that they know are inaccurate? Come again?

maybe 9.2 is their lockhart version?
Highly doubt it . The only possible scenarios is this was the first round of dev kits before the V shape one and V shape one is the new one with higher spec sheet but where the fuck is the amd chip code for it (ofcourse it could be hidden but I doubt they would go that strict about it ).cerny said our last round of dev kits were lower powered ones . We are sending new ones (around may in wired article )

also the spec sheets from old dev kits mentions 9.2 tf leaked before Gdc 2019 which matches this chip exactly .

Last edited:

Gudji

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Who else in this forum is invited to visit both Sony and MS in Redmond?

I guess no one.

No, YOU have no idea of what you're talking about. Every single video they've release about next-gen is with base on theories and leaked twitter stuff from komachi and the likes.
They were (and still are) doubting the 12 TF people are talking online for the XSX because MS was not specific.

The "insiders wannabes" that some are talking about are actually people who get hands on with the development kits and target specs of consoles. They get briefed before even receiving devkits.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
are they still saying ps5 13tflops?

yes. all those test trials from AMD were fake. yes sony is now playing 5d chess.

Its not fake, didn't say that. Those tests can be anything:

- old chip (older dev kit, 2019 release rumor)
- a chip replicating a higher CU chip that is not ready now ( we know Sony was the very first to test Navi arch + thats why its clocked ridiculously high 2Ghz)
- test only for BC modes in PS5.

I still struggle to think that Sony would go with only 36CUs for PS5, knowing that even Xbox One X released in 2017 with higher than that. It would be a mindboggling decision if it ends up to be true.
-

Last edited:

FranXico

Now whats happening and what are the rumors?
The same. Despite a number of people who supposedly work in or have connections in the industry claiming comparable PS5 and XSX specs, the best info there is right now points at 9.2TF PS5 (with a number of assumptions), while people have been assuming 12TF XSX for a while, even without official explicit confirmation from MS.

So right now, we're looking at 9TF PS5 vs 12TF XSX.

MadAnon

Highly doubt it . The only possible scenarios is this was the first round of dev kits before the V shape one and V shape one is the new one with higher spec sheet but where the fuck is the amd chip code for it (ofcourse it could be hidden but I doubt they would go that strict about it ).cerny said our last round of dev kits were lower powered ones . We are sending new ones (around may in wired article )

also the spec sheets from old dev kits mentions 9.2 tf leaked before Gdc 2019 which matches this chip exactly .
Cerny didn't say anything about slow devkit. It was Wired who made such comment without further explenation.

The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.

this xbot makes me laugh. a full grown man gloating that xbox is more powerful. im posting this as we are all mature enough to laugh at this.

Effing man childs 😂. You have on PS side also but issue is that the Colineast and dealer get lots of view and they act like manchilds . Ofcourse Randal Thor is much classier than these guys as an Xbox fan.so he gets my view if I wanna watch something Xbox related . U can be fan of a console and not be man child and breed toxic environment. I swear it’s not hard 😂

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Lendor

No, YOU have no idea of what you're talking about. Every single video they've release about next-gen is with base on theories and leaked twitter stuff from komachi and the likes.
They were (and still are) doubting the 12 TF people are talking online for the XSX because MS was not specific.

The "insiders wannabes" that some are talking about are actually people who get hands on with the development kits and target specs of consoles. They get briefed before even receiving devkits.
Yeah no shit?

Because they are in the VIEWS business, they comment on what give them VIEWS without compromise any relationship.

THEN

When consoles are revealed, guess what, exclusive coverage on the new consoles for more VIEWS.

Something you only get with good relationships, use your brain dude.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Its not fake, didn't say that. Those test can be anything:

- old chip (older dev kit, 2019 release rumor)
- a chip replicating a higher CU chip that is not ready now ( we know Sony was the very first to test Navi arch)
- test only for BC modes in PS5.

I still struggle to think that Sony would go with only 36CUs for PS5, knowing that even Xbox One X release in 2017 with higher than that. It would be a mindboggling decision if it ends up to be true.
-
Its not that mind boggling if their goal is Price VS Performance. It lines up pretty well with a $399 target price.

Cerny didn't say anything about slow devkit. It was Wired who made such comment without further explenation.

The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.
But that means a new stronger version is on the horizon . Otherwise saying that sentence makes no sense. No ?

Lendor

Effing man childs . You have on PS side also but issue is that the Colineast and dealer get lots of view and they act like manchilds . Ofcourse Randal Thor is much classier than these guys as an Xbox fan.so he gets my view if I wanna watch something Xbox related . U can be fan of a console and not be man child and breed toxic environment. I swear it’s not hard 😂
For what i can remember you got banned for console wars on resetera.

Not man child at all

Gudji

Yeah no shit?

Because they are in the VIEWS business, they comment on what give them VIEWS without compromise any relationship.

THEN

When consoles are revealed, guess what, exclusive coverage on the new consoles for more VIEWS.

Something you only get with good relationships, use your brain dude.

Well isn't that fucking obvious? Still they don't have any next-gen inside info or they would already published the article.

joe_zazen

Dude, all your posts have the paranoic communist type of shit 'fuck capitalism' bullshit. Jesus

i see them more as self reflective therapy written because two hour bike sessions indoors are fucking boring, as is watching SO chosen shows on britbox and netflix. I am sorry if they bring stress into your life for whatever reasons.

i actually support capitalism and us hegemony as i live comfortably and dont want that threatened; i guess i am a shiity person. Also, fuck global warming remediation if it means higher energy costs and fewer vacations. Stupid 13 year old swiss autist trying to ruin my maui golf getaway.

Lendor

i see them more as self reflective therapy written because two hour bike sessions indoors are fucking boring, as is watching SO chosen shows on britbox and netflix. I am sorry if they bring stress into your life for whatever reasons.

i actually support capitalism and us hegemony as i live comfortably and dont want that threatened; i guess i am a shiity person. Also, fuck global warming remediation if it means higher energy costs and fewer vacations. Stupid 13 year old swiss autist trying to ruin my maui golf getaway.
Its all good, i didnt mean to stress you either lol

MadAnon

But that means a new stronger version is on the horizon . Otherwise saying that sentence makes no sense. No ?
It could've been this slow version...
3447-twitter-apu-image-0.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom