• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

rakanishu

Banned
Dayum

Seeing my 970 struggling with the high settings at 30fps is killing me inside, imma stick to the X1 version until i'll make my decision on a sweet new 1070

It's a bit of a beast, and remember that the game is very CPU bound. I run a i7 6700K at 4.6GHz with a 1070, and I get over 60 fps 95% of the time at 3440x1440 on Ultra settings.

c0de

Posting some sunhilegend FH3 gifs...
FdltLq9.gif

4FijmXm.gif

zoT9Nxn.gif

0iJzBHZ.gif

pk5k1A7.gif

SKgyODg.gif

T.O.P

Banned
It's a bit of a beast, and remember that the game is very CPU bound. I run a i7 6700K at 4.6GHz with a 1070, and I get over 60 fps 95% of the time at 3440x1440 on Ultra settings.

I'm still on a i5 4690k (not even oced yet) wich is probably killing the performance as well

Crossing my fingers for some good deals in the next couple of months, Italian prices for now seems really high (500€ for a new gpu is kinda too much since i got a 970 not even 2 years ago)

Posting some sunhilegend FH3 gifs...
Dat cam trickery tho

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
zoT9Nxn.gif

How the heck did he make this.
Is timelapse part of the game, or is Sun really really patient.

To appreciate this little detail again, someone postet an example eariler of FH3 with the Reflection in the tiniest places. Just look at it ! Amazing how far we have come.

Original (DC, Photomode,RAIN,GRAIN and a really awesome BAC Mono )

Edit : are you fucking kidding me, even the raindrops reflect the surroundings ! Propably just in Photomode though.

zoT9Nxn.gif

How the heck did he make this.
Is timelapse part of the game, or is Sun really really patient.

Unfortunately not, i'm still wrapping my head around that gif lol

Here's how I think. Some of the replay cameras do that motion when you switch to them, so what Sunni will have done is recorded the same thing four times, the car burning out from that position at day, night, sunset, whatever. Not sure how he got the position of the car the same during the cross fades but that's the gist of it.

Sort of like using a computer controlled camera, it does the same movements every time so you can do some cool trickery with it.

Sebmugi

Driveclub is not even close to the same model in details, the same way as FH3 XB1. Plenty of people have posted pictures and videos of this. Stop marginalizing the flaws of DC, and maximizing any small problem you find with FH3. It makes you look like your username. I haven't mentioned Xbox One once, so I don't see why you bring it up? I haven't played that version, and I don't care about that version because I play games at proper resolution and frame rates.

I'm a little stupid I have not understood everything but it's okay, for you FH3 is perfect and Driveclub is bad end of talking. everyone's opinion ;)
I have 2 games in front of me in my living room on the same TV,FH is not bad but the details i'm more impressed with DC .point.

dr guildo

Edit : are you fucking kidding me, even the raindrops reflect the surroundings ! Propably just in Photomode though.

DC goes where no game does, concerning raindrops on the windshield, the reflected environment inside them is reverted as in real life. This is what I was talking about when I said earlier : "endless graphical features"

DC goes no game do, concerning raindrops on the windshield, the reflected environment inside them is reverted as in real life. This is what I was talking about when I said earlier : "endless graphical features"

Do you mean the flipped reflections themselves or the fact that they're in the raindrops? Because plenty of other games have flipped reflections.

BigLee74

DC goes where no game does, concerning raindrops on the windshield, the reflected environment inside them is reverted as in real life. This is what I was talking about when I said earlier : "endless graphical features"

Only, there is a picture posted above from FH3 that shows reflected environment in raindrops? So, other games do go there?

rakanishu

Banned
I'm a little stupid I have not understood everything but it's okay, for you FH3 is perfect and Driveclub is bad end of talking. everyone's opinion ;)
I have 2 games in front of me in my living room on the same TV,FH is not bad but the details i'm more impressed with DC .point.

I've never said FH3 is perfect, I have both games in my living room as well. I'm just stopping the spread of misinformation and hyperbole. I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost, I don't care about platform as long as the game looks good and is fun to play. This is why I prefer Forza.

leeh

Unfortunately not, i'm still wrapping my head around that gif lol
It is, most of the time online, you'll be racing and it'll go dark and start throwing it down.

It was the same in FH2 as well.

Although for that GIF, I'm as stumped as you guys haha. Unless he did it mighty slow and just sped it up.

Sebmugi

I've never said FH3 is perfect, I have both games in my living room as well. I'm just stopping the spread of misinformation and hyperbole. I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost, I don't care about platform as long as the game looks good and is fun to play. This is why I prefer Forza.

lol I do misinformation ?? oO that's not my fault if I take screens are not going in your direction .. XP
I also like cars and car games and no game is perfect neither DC nor FH ;)
Later it is a tasteful question and that is not discussed. But here it is highly-rated technical gift we discuss and this point, objectively,
DC already remains ahead early from part its structure of games closed but also on of numerous other points repeatedly addressed ..

Amazing wet road shaders, per-object motion blur, high sample motion blur = bliss:

inb4 "it's not gameplay"

EDIT: Also, before any more misinformation spreads, DC isn't the only one to have flipped raindrop reflections.

You can clearly see the skybox is reflecting on the bottom of the raindrops. It depends on the angle too like in real life, as some drops reflect a non flipped image.

I always loved the leafes in driveclub, haven't seen any games using this kind of tech after DC. Are there any? Mostly the leaves don't even clip through the car but instead glide over it. Impressive detail if you ask me.

rakanishu

Banned
lol I do misinformation ?? oO that's not my fault if I take screens are not going in your direction .. XP
I also like cars and car games and no game is perfect neither DC nor FH ;)
Later it is a tasteful question and that is not discussed. But here it is highly-rated technical gift we discuss and this point, objectively,
DC already remains ahead early from part its structure of games closed but also on of numerous other points repeatedly addressed ..

I didn't actually mean you specifically when I said misinformation, that was more of a reason why I'm in this thread in general. You can't take screens that goes in "my direction", the only reason why I commented on the Ferrari screens, was because it was misleading. Just wanted to point out it wasn't an apples to apples thing.

rakanishu

Banned
Waiting for the proof... on the windshield

Edit : I'm kidding about the windshield mention, you are right, other games do that.

And concerning heat hazes which are producing mirages ?

1426792270-driveclub-tm-20150319191015.jpg

Gran Turismo 3 had heat haze in 2001. It was an impressive thing to see at the time.

DD

giphy.gif

Messing around.

I remember blowing my mind when I saw this effect back in Splinter Cell 2 on the Xbox. Still cool, and unfortunately ignored by a lot of games
including Driveclub, since you can't go out of the asphalt *shhh*

I laughed when the new patch for heat haze came out, some people were saying it was a bug occuring during the driving experience... Lol
LOL!

There are ppl from the Forza camp marginalizing the flaws of FH3 and maximizing those of Driveclub as you put it but I don't see you addressing them.

RankoSD

Crashing simulator? Hell no. You can barely dent a car and there's no mechanical damage.
THIS is a crash simulator.
He didn't say a damage simulator, DC gif, with the shaking and fantastic lighting, very well simulates the crash from inside of the car.
Shaking your camera around while the car rolls =/= realistic.
So, your head would not shake during a real crash and roll? Got it...

ShapeGSX

He didn't say a damage simulator, DC gif, with the shaking and fantastic lightning, very well simulates the crash from inside of the car.

No it doesn't. Not when the inside of the car would end up outside.

ferrari-f430-scuderia-crash-germany-6.jpg

Ok, technically, this car looks like it was cut to extract the people inside. :) Although I'm not sure why they cut it so deeply.

eso76

My question was rethoric, of course you are not driving (your car), so it's not gameplay, it's a free cam. Warning, I'm not telling that drone mode is not real time, you have to be a noob in graphics to say that, all I say is that people choose drone mode and photomode over gameplay shots for a reason.

obviously.
Because they can place the camera wherever they want.

No it doesn't. Not when the inside of the car would end up outside.

ferrari-f430-scuderia-crash-germany-6.jpg

Ok, technically, this car looks like it was cut to extract the people inside. :) Although I'm not sure why they cut it so deeply.

No, that poor f430 scuderia! My favourite sounding supercar.. (hope everyone was okay)

Top Bottom