• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

RankoSD

No it doesn't. Not when the inside of the car would end up outside.
I'm sure that all people in a crash end up outside of their car :)

Again with the damage, you can twist the "crashing simulator" term however you want, all I'm saying is that DC gif looks great.

Vaga

giphy.gif

Aceofspades

Banned
the effects of rain, in DC and in FH ;) in photomode

Driveclub car models o_O .....EVO , how? just how did they pull that?

Edit: notice the non-uniformity of rain drops in DC, the reflection of the brake lights on the body of the second pic, hell even notice small touches of red on the prancing horse logo on the wheels. this comparison is showing a huge difference in the quality of car models between Driveclub and Forza. wow

the effects of rain, in DC and in FH ;) in photomode
Thanks for the comparison.
FH rain effects are amazing for an open world game, but nothing comes close to DC's weather effects and I don't think we'll have a racing with better effects until the next gen!

dr guildo

Driveclub car models o_O .....EVO , how? just how did they pull that?

Edit: notice the non-uniformity of rain drops in DC, the reflection of the brake lights on the body of the second pic, hell even notice small touches of red on the prancing horse logo on the wheels. this comparison is showing a huge difference in the quality of car models between Driveclub and Forza. wow

endless graphical features...

Aceofspades

Banned
Having extra power helps.

If I recall correctly, Driveclub still doesn't have particles affected by shadows, yes? FH3 continues to have them as far as I can tell.

Everything in DC is dynamic. shadows, lightning, wind, sky and rain among others. even one of the gifs above shows leaves reacting dynamically with wind and casting shadows for every leaf.

One hell of an accomplishment by EVO.

adelante

endless graphical features...

Yet lacking in particles affected by shadows/lighting. And as far as models are concerned (both exteriors and interiors), I think GT:Sport has it beat (you stated earlier in your checklist that DC has perfect car modelling...nah)

Lol, you zoomed in to reach the limit of the image pixels' size. To be valid, you have to zoom in with the free cam of the game so that the PS4 can rework the LOD in real time.

Wut.

You can see the strange effect on the non-zoomed image, that's how I noticed it in the first place.

LOL, WTF are we arguing over now?

Haven't you heard? It's a new rule that any media of any game has to be immediately "one-upped" by a DC screenshot.

Do you know what mud is ?

And here I was thinking you were going to explain something.

Also, your edit of "on a 1080p TV, your comment is irrelevant". What? As far as I can tell that's a 100% 1:1 crop, and I noticed the muddy effect on a 1080p screen regardless. Care to explain or are you just going to post more snark before 30 more pics?

Gestault

My crop isn't zoomed, that's 1:1 for a normal sized display, and the same as the original image that was posted. I was trying to help you understand.

And dr guildo, yes, I think mass dumping (literally) 30 pages worth of other people's shots into single posts from other message boards instead of making your own for a thread like this is poor form. This was a thread I set up, and while I don't want to be anything like an enforcer, I asked you very reasonably to give the people credit for their shots, which would be just adding that text underneath your picture. You petulantly told me to "cut that shit out." I still think you should do it, for the same reason people say "this gif is from Sunhilegend."

My crop isn't zoomed, that's 1:1 for a normal sized display, and the same as the original image that was posted. I was trying to help you understand.

I noticed that just as I was making my last post, it's not zoomed at all.

Then again, coming from Mr. "drone mode isn't gameplay" I'm not surprised at the response to it.

Top Bottom