• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Haven't you heard? It's a new rule that any media of any game has to be immediately "one-upped" by a DC screenshot.

And here I was thinking you were going to explain something.

Also, your edit of "on a 1080p TV, your comment is irrelevant". What? As far as I can tell that's a 100% 1:1 crop, and I noticed the muddy effect on a 1080p screen regardless. Care to explain or are you just going to post more snark before 30 more pics?

Well this is a face-off thread isn't it?

dr guildo

I think he's saying it looks more like tarmac. He was talking about terminology, not attacking the screenshot.

It's not tarmac, because it's not a shot taken on a road, but during car's selection, in a dedicated place with DC logos painted on the ground. Look at my first screen, folowing the shot in question.

It's not tarmac, because it's not a shot taken on a road, but during car's selection, in a dedicated place with DC logos painted on the ground. Look at my first screen, folowing the shot in question.

So it's mud?

Because one of the only other alternatives is concrete and it doesn't look like the picture you posted of real concrete.

dr guildo

So it's mud?

Because one of the only other alternatives is concrete and it doesn't look like the picture you posted of real concrete.

If it's mud for you, go with it so... The problem is with your eyes, not mine, thanks to god !

Tarmac :

tarmac-2.jpg

valkyre

I am sorry but the last few post are hilarious...! Wtf is going on here with all these concrete mud clay sand pictures lmao? Come on guys!

Yeah, let's play it in the ironic side, this is the only thing to do for you now I prove you that there were many types of concrete.

It's not the only thing to do, and I wasn't even speaking or referring to you lol.

You posted all those different types of stone/concrete, I still don't think any look like a match for the weird material in DC, and that's that. Dunno why you're so offended.

dr guildo

It's not the only thing to do, and I wasn't even speaking or referring to you lol.

You posted all those different types of stone/concrete, I still don't think any look like a match for the weird material in DC, and that's that. Dunno why you're so offended.

Remember, you were claiming it was mud...
So now, mud or not mud ?

Remember, you were claiming it was mud...
So now, mud or not mud ?

I said "is that mud?". I never said "that is mud". The closest I came was when I said none of the things you posted looked like the DC image. Are we really arguing semantics instead of games now? This really is the deep end like others were saying.

dr guildo

I said "is that mud?". I never said "that is mud". The closest I came was when I said none of the things you posted looked like the DC image. Are we really arguing semantics instead of games now? This really is the deep end like others were saying.

So now, Did I answer your doubt ?
And do not act as if you are the victim now, you started that silly debate, now let's finish it please. DOn't run away...
SO still mud or more concrete than mud now ?

Concrete :
can-stock-photo_csp0162906.jpg

Mud :
two-footprints-wet-mud-927065.jpg

More mud, or more concrete (warning, there is a trap, the ground is wet... Why ? you will ask me... Because of the rain :
16610276320_537c1fe691_o.jpg

So now, Did I answer your doubt ?
And do not act as if you are the victim now, you started that silly debate, now let's finish it please. DOn't run away...
SO still mud or more concrete than mud now ?

How about I just pretend it looks exactly like what you posted so we can stop this?

Next time it rains, just put your head close to some concrete like that and im pretty sure it will look just like that

I've explored with my DSLR quite a lot in the rain because it's my favourite weather to shoot in. The only material I've seen look so "slimy" is mud when wet. But regardless I'm just going to say yes if it means this is over quicker.

Fantastic, you won't answer my simple question, you are incredible... !

Okay, here's your answer. No, you didn't "answer my doubt". Full stop, question answered. Are we done or do you want to continue acting smug over nothing?

EDIT: Here are two more screenshots. They're nothing special (and not trying to prove a point), but it's just something for the actual purpose of the thread.

dr guildo

I've explored with my DSLR quite a lot in the rain because it's my favourite weather to shoot in. The only material I've seen look so "slimy" is mud when wet. But regardless I'm just going to say yes if it means this is over quicker.

Okay, here's your answer. No, you didn't "answer my doubt". Full stop, question answered. Are we done or do you want to continue acting smug over nothing?

EDIT: Here are two more screenshots. They're nothing special (and not trying to prove a point), but it's just something for the actual purpose of the thread.

Shocked-Doc-Rivers.gif

Shocked-Doc-Rivers.gif

Ooooooookkk, I give up ! You won...

Kaji AF16

Driveclub still has the upper hand in graphics, I believe.

That said, for Forza Horizon 3 to look this good while using a more more sophisticated driving model, having a lot more vehicles, being open-world, having had a presumably shorter development time and running on weaker hardware is amazing.

Top Bottom