• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Can someone post the most realistic shots of each game?

GT,Forza,DC,pCars..etc

I love this thread lol

vnAeii7.jpg

Probably my best shot that shows off how good DC is. The glare hitting the dirt on the screen just looks amazing.

Still quite early in the Driveclub career, do weather start popping up in races or is it custom race only? I have seen none of those lighting strikes or anything yet, they look incredible.

Still quite early in the Driveclub career, do weather start popping up in races or is it custom race only? I have seen none of those lighting strikes or anything yet, they look incredible.

More for the DC thread, but you need the season pass I believe (or at least free tours AFTER elements) or to do the Startline tour which will have bits of the extra tours.

Mabufu

Banned

This is not the thread for that, but in the first DC tour weather was still not in the game. You will find it in other tours, custom or multiplayer races.

leng jai

Having played Horizon 2, Dirt Rally/PCars maxed out on PC I still find Driveclub to be the most visually impressive game by some margin.

Ugh, so its DLC?

You can quite easily experience the weather effects in custom races, multiplayer and I believe the free DLC.

On top of that, I'd argue that Driveclub has had some of the best DLC in any game I've played, and quite easily the best among its peers. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for additional content.

DD

Driveclub was the first next-gen game that blew my mind with its visual and attention to detail. I mean, it has a fucking mirage on hot roads. Who puts a mirage in a racing game?

DRIVECLUB20150410204.jpg

It also has multiple weather pattern on a same lap at the same time which I haven't seen in any racing game yet. One moment it sunny, the its cloudy, then a sprinkle of rain that only wets a part of circuit, then sunny again. Even saw a double rainbow the other day, it was over a lake and appeared when it started raining while the sun was still up. Then it disappeared in the next lap because it stopped raining. Some incredible stuff.

Yay, my pic! *dead*

EDIT: double rainbow

bRSgKg.jpg

vnAeii7.jpg

Probably my best shot that shows off how good DC is. The glare hitting the dirt on the screen just looks amazing.

I still can't reproduce that effect on my pics of that game. :(

About the lightning reflection, actually it's just a white ball:

cN4e2V.jpg

Driveclub was the first next-gen game that blew my mind with its visual and attention to detail. I mean, it has a fucking mirage on hot roads. Who puts a mirage in a racing game?

Gran Turismo 3 if I remember right. *edit* it was heat haze, not reflection so not exactly the same thing, sorry.

I remember thinking this was a next gen GT but I think its just a render for that car PD made. Either way I can't wait to see how the game looks. Like people have said before, GT still holds up. Stuff I would like them to improve graphically would definitely be the tracks. You can definitely notice premium and standard tracks even though such a classification was never made. I think the biggest trackside detail you use in racing games is foliage so they should try and improve that.

Vroadstar

How is this shitting on it? Saw pics of amazing weather, said I haven't experienced it in campaign. Asked the people that would know.

Again gaffers are telling you this is not a thread for that and I believe he is reacting on your Ugh comment. Considering....

Framerate does = graphics though... FH2 is superior in my opinion. Really clean image quality mixed with a day night cycle and weather. Driveclub had a very shimmery look to it that detracts from the graphics.

Again gaffers are telling you this is not a thread for that and I believe he is reacting on your Ugh comment. Considering....

Oh no, i had an opinion. Like I said I haven't experienced any of these weather effects in the campaign. Maybe if I had seen those my opinion would be different. And that was replying to another comment. Like I am replying to you now.

nib95

Banned
How about native resolution gameplay captures that look realistic? Photo mode is cheating as far as I'm concerned. Though it should at least be some tiny insight in to what GT7 could offer.

G_Berry

Banned
To be honest, i find driveclub boring as shit and i usually love racing games.

I thought about giving project cars a go however im skeptical about spending $100 AUD on a game that may be just boring pretty garbage.

Does anybody own both? Does project cars add any more....... excitement?

Mabufu

Banned

I thought about giving project cars a go however im skeptical about spending $100 AUD on a game that may be just boring pretty garbage.

You clearly didnt play enough DC.

orava

Pcars can get very intense and the driving sensation is excellent. Here is one enthusiastic review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_Bg1xa6Ic

I remember that LFA Nurburgring shot and the debate it sparked about whether it was real or from GT5 despite GT logo being right there in the corner.

I remember that LFA Nurburgring shot and the debate it sparked about whether it was real or from GT5 despite GT logo being right there in the corner.

xD I remember that thread as well loool

GIF's are not the same thing, as they're down sampled and do not show the proper IQ levels. But yes, I do agree the GIF, and GT in general actually, can look remarkably realistic at times. Hell, this video proves it. Still staggering even to this day.

GT5 F1 Day to Night to Day Transition | Nurbergring

PD has the best lighting in the business and that was on PS3....crazy.

Yo I finally found that pic

proxy_php_image_http_farm4_staticflickr_com_37.jpg

Track bases racers might not be for you. Try an open world one like FH2.

Most people I come across who say this just played a couple of the early tours and didn't progress at all to the more exciting tours with the faster cars. It's not like Forza where they start you with the exciting stuff. For instance, If I'm not mistaken, the first race you do in FM5 is with the P1 and in Horizon 2 it's with the Huracan. Not saying what Forza does is a bad thing.

Most people I come across who say this just played a couple of the early tours and didn't progress at all to the more exciting tours with the faster cars. It's not like Forza where they start you with the exciting stuff. For instance, If I'm not mistaken, the first race you do in FM5 is with the P1 and in Horizon 2 it's with the Huracan. Not saying what Forza does is a bad thing.

I agree with them and I completed the full Driveclub tour and about 80% of the DLC tours.

The attractiveness of GT definitely relies on downsampled images. These shots look much closer to what I see on my screen and it's nowhere near as pretty as the average Joe might think.

c0de

Do we still discuss things or did the thread turn into a screenshot thread? I mean i don't mind looking at screenshots but we have a dedicated thread for them so posting pictures without context feels wrong in a thread that is to talk about tech in racing games.

nib95

Banned

Amazing how well the game holds up. Looks pretty much next gen, especially lighting wise.

Do we still discuss things or did the thread turn into a screenshot thread? I mean i don't mind looking at screenshots but we have a dedicated thread for them so posting pictures without context feels wrong in a thread that is to talk about tech in racing games.

Gameplay screenshots and full resolution videos tell a far better story than random opinions, gif's and photo mode shots, which all essentially often give rose tinted views of things. You can't really get more honest than gameplay. We've discussed the tech for several pages throughout the thread, now we're just comparing how gameplay shots and videos stack up to one another.

Top Bottom