• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Izayoi said:
EatChildren.

You're wrong.

I'm surprised that I agree with you on this.

Also, a SSB threads reminds me of a time where I would instantly flip out at the mention of SSB and a roster. Those were some rage filled days. Anyways, I'm keeping my expectations for the next SSB game at an all time low, after the shitfest that was Brawl I don't trust Sakurai in the least to make something even decent. I can't wait for all the shit ton of terrible roster picks, clones, lazy game design, and terrible stages again.

i believe staying up for the dojo caused me to be a semi insomniac haha, worth it though B^)

honestly, i think brawl would have been better if they didn't announce the new new characters in the beginning, like pit and meta knight, should have waited.

thats what i hope the new version tries, keep hush hush on the new characters for as long as they can.

KevinCow said:
Sonic was one of the few nights I went to bed early.

"Oh it's just gonna be another gooey bomb or something, I shouldn't bother staying up."
Sonic was revealed at an October press event in Japan though.

Ezalc

El Sloth said:
Evil chicks are always hotter than the good ones.

Accept it.

-Team Medusa

Green hair.
Bigger boobs.
Actual hair that isn't trying to kill you.
Thigh high.

-Team Palutena.

Emitan

Boney said:
still this is the only one that matters

198254-drill_dozer_jill_01_large.jpg
boney we are best friends forever now okay

Ezalc said:
Green hair.
Bigger boobs.
Actual hair that isn't trying to kill you.
Thigh high.

-Team Palutena.
yes

all of these are good things

Azure J

I'm on Team Palutena & Medusa should both be in.

Smash needs more spellcasters dammit & Medusa's could make for a great villain. Also, side boob. :lol[/spoiler]

Ezalc

Oh no you people don't want me making a roster. Oh god no, it's how the downward spiral starts. I will not be sucked into it.

spanks

AzureJericho said:

Smash needs more spellcasters dammit & Medusa's could make for a great villain. Also, side boob. :lol[/spoiler]

Anyone besides Magnus, what a douche.
Personally, I don't think Uprising characters are a total shoe-in like a lot of people think. Afterall, it took Sakurai 10 years to put in his two favourite creations, he seems like a pretty humble guy. I'm sure they'll all make some kind of an appearance anyway.

edit: Palutena's the hottest fo' sure. Humans 4 lyfe.

Codeblue

I think certain character inclusions will be dependant on how hard Sakurai overworks himself this time.

It seems like the series is his personal hell, and now he has to make two simultaneously.

Gambit

IceDoesntHelp said:
Replace Matthew with Issac.

Better yet, old Isaac from Dark Dawn. Much cooler.

Also I want Shulk or Dunban and I would love to be surprised by Geno! As far as third party characters go, I want them to assemble the "Captain N" group. So hello original Mega Man and Simon Belmont.

In general I think SSB should be a showcase for all kinds of Nintendo-franchises and "where they are currently at". So I want Skyward Sword Link, a character from each of their latest RPGs and (although they do nothing for me personally) a Mii.

EDIT: Oh yes, some unrealistic wishful-thinking characters I would not mind at all: Vivi or Cloud, Crono or Magus and any specific Dragon Quest character or my own Dragon Quest IX character (by that time probably X).

spanks

Codeblue said:
I think certain character inclusions will be dependant on how hard Sakurai overworks himself this time.

It seems like the series is his personal hell, and now he has to make two simultaneously.

Yeah, the transition to HD would have been stressful enough, let alone developing two games at once. One hopes he has a bigger team for this, otherwise I forsee multiple delays ahead...
At least the (hopeful) inclusion of DLC should take the pressure off him to create a mega roster right from the start though.

Orayn

Codeblue said:

Maybe it'll be a pseudo-port and they'll feature essentially the same content with different trim?

Emitan

Codeblue said:

but hes not going to be doing all the balancing himself this time

meaning the game will be designed like ever other video game on the planet

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want yarn Kirby to be an alternate color for Kirby.

Or yarn stage, and everyone is forced into their yarn form.

Yeah they don't have the resources to do it I DON'T CARE.

Yay unreasonable demands.

GamerSoul

Billychu said:
but hes not going to be doing all the balancing himself this time

meaning the game will be designed like ever other video game on the planet

yep yep, the only promising news I've heard so far. Hopefully he will get their input on characters too.

guek

Banned
I don't understand all the hate brawl gets (aside from tripping and crummy online)

I thought it was much more balanced and varied than melee

Ryu Hayabusa, Travis Touchdown, and some representative of the Castlevania series (Simon Belmont, Alucard or Soma Cruz) are my top third-party picks.

Emitan

guek said:
I don't understand all the hate brawl gets (aside from tripping and crummy online)

I thought it was much more balanced and varied than melee
They had to ban an entire character from being played because he was too good. Yeah. Balanced. I'd say it's more varied, but I personally don't find it as interesting or fun to play.

guek

Banned
Billychu said:
They had to ban an entire character from being played because he was too good. Yeah. Balanced. I'd say it's more varied, but I personally don't find it as interesting or fun to play.

yes, metaknight is broken, but putting him aside, you had a much bigger pool of top tier characters

Bruiserk

friskykillface said:
i believe staying up for the dojo caused me to be a semi insomniac haha, worth it though B^)

Tell me about it! Too be honest I think this is when I started staying up late on school nights and it has been happening ever since.

Emitan

Mistle said:
Dojo updated at 6PM in Australia... pretty convenient, lol.
You will never know the joy of staying up until 2 AM to read the latest update and then getting 3 hours of sleep before high school.

AzureJericho said:
I'm sure they're both gonna be in there given how much Sakurai loves his own creations. They're even getting lil anime shorts.

I would really like for Ghirahim to show up but I'm guessing he wont :/

Also want to see The S7P characters show up. One or both of them could have ROB like jet-jumps.

OH, and Mewtwo needs a return. Would love to see some more than one 5th gen Pokemon but I guess Zoroark is all we can hope for.

GamerSoul

Black-Wind said:
I'm sure they're both gonna be in there given how much Sakurai loves his own creations.

He won't be able to resist after creating the 3DS game. lol. Just copy and paste the resource files, make one a clone of the other, and we're done.

Mik2121

I see everybody talking about how the 3DS will only be singleplayer mode... is there some interview that confirmed this or gave hints about it?

You're a legitimately bad person if you don't like Ridley, let alone don't want him in Super Smash Bros. Royale :(

If/when Mega Man is in this they should work in a Kirby-lite system with him. Maybe when he KO's someone he takes their B-Move and his palette changes to mirror theirs?

Gravijah

but seriously dudes i didn't know the stages, i don't think i knew the characters, final smashes, assists, music. so good.

GamerSoul said:
He won't be able to resist after creating the 3DS game. lol. Just copy and paste the resource files, make one a clone of the other, and we're done.
Pretty much. After all this time working on his first big "original-ish" series in a long time I don't see him not tossing in the "Zelda and Ganon" of Kid Icarus.

Anyway, I'm more interested in this customization than anything (Well, that and the pokemon chosen to be in the game. Also for S&P2 character's status). I wonder if he will pull back on the new additions in favor of making "clones" for the customization process that serves to better the amount you can customize.

Like maybe if you want a lighter Mario that can Jump higher and maybe glide then at some point you can unlock "Raccoon Mario" that's lighter than Mario and can do all that stuff and may have a unique move or something. Or if you want a heavier, bigger, more powerful Pikachu than maybe you can unlock Raichu when you get Pikachu heavy and powerful enough.

That's better than making clones full on characters AND it makes them legit because there's no real reason for them to not have the same attacks and animations if they're directly linked to the main characters.

Mista Koo

Why not have Zelda/Sheik like Palutena/Medusa combo? It wouldn't make sense but it'd be awesome (should be an animated transformation, you see her transforming).

The 3DS version should be Adventure mode with the size and CGs of Subspace Emissary and tweaked mechanics to fit this mode as the main game.

PKrockin

One of the biggest things I'm hoping for a SMALL (3-6) framebuffer, or a customizable one (lol not likely). I hated how Melee would ignore your commands because OOPS YOU WERE 1 FRAME TOO EARLY, and a huge 10 frame buffer has problems too, so let's have a nice balance.

PKrockin

lol. Dr. Mario was the most shameless clone ever. Throw a new texture on him, change a few numbers in his moveset, change one move, and BAM, new character.

qq more said:
Luigi ain't gonna die, why waste of time yo

My response will not be shorter than one character because that is the NeoGAF limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom