• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

You guys are really shitting up the thread talking about Melee tiers, balance, Brawl mods, etc. Totally sucked the fun out of here. Go to shoryuken if you guys want that. I don't want to see this shit popping up for SSB4 reveals, trailers or the eventual dojo.

I guess we should talk about the current news then?

*crickets*

Yep.

Yoshi is hella good in Melee imo

Hes been moving up spots lately (I think most people think hes in the 12-17 range. So mid tier) but he definitely has the potential to be even better. Arguably the hardest character to use in the entire game though, so its tough for him to get popular.

You guys should look up Leffen, Angel, or Vectorman's yoshi.

TRAITOR!!!

how dare you like something in Brawl

lol

its crazy how I'm actually much more than KevinCow's caricature of me

Emitan

agreed

almost as embarrassing as Daigo's parry

citizen-kane-clapping3ny9c.gif

Azure J

Pause, someone's in here hating on the idea of alts for all because it "takes away" from theoretical character additions?

Yup, this is a Smash Bros. thread on the internet. Where does that logic come from?

agreed

almost as embarrassing as Daigo's parry

Jesus. :lol

Meanwhile, whoever said Rosalina would be cool, I agree even if Daisy/Toad are still my top picks from the Marioverse.

Hero

I guess we should talk about the current news then?

*crickets*

Yep.

I think the thread is kind of silly to exist so far ahead of anything other than that it's in development but to make the thread and then talk about old Smash Bros to the point where the topic of discussion is balance, tier lists, why Melee is godtier, etc just makes the thread worse.

I think the thread is kind of silly to exist so far ahead of anything other than that it's in development but to make the thread and then talk about old Smash Bros to the point where the topic of discussion is balance, tier lists, why Melee is godtier, etc just makes the thread worse.

I mean, no? We're just talking about smash in the smash thread.

This is pretty much the general Smash Bros |OT| right now so I don't know why you'd expect any different lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

There is nothing else to talk about other than why KI will get three reps
lol yeah right

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
sorry

omg i hope rosalina is a playable character in smash 4 ^_^

Considering how shitty and repetitive discussions end up whenever melee tournament level gameplay is discussed, I honestly would discuss about Rosalina more and simply have that discussion of Melee on.. well... its own thread.

With that said, Rosalina is an Olimar clone.
/:p

ffdgh

bowser jr and/or daisy before rosa.

luigi needs his princess....and i want to see how a peach alt would look XD

Boss Doggie

Ahh so an alt costume of sorts.

I guess that means Daisy has a chance! She can be sports themed.

GamerSoul

With that said, Rosalina is an Olimar clone.
/:p

Nah, fuck that dude with his big ass purple ho projectile. I'd rather her be a Peach clone.

They can make Daisy the tomboy, mini-skirt princess.

Could work. Or they could use her various sport outfits.

It's not quite the same I mean. Skin color is different, and the dress is just a separate color instead of a different dress.

sAwkN.png

Ahh, my favorite peach alt. MikeG was my Peach player idol so I rocked the Daisy outfit.

GamerSoul

She could be tossing those star creatures!

...Isn't there a fat purple one of those too? lol.

Anyways I could see it working for her. They could be floating around her and she could use them depending on the special and what not. Damn, now I think she could be a decent character.

KevinCow

Banned
After playing Brawl Minus with my friends until 3 in the morning, I have decided that making everyone completely broken is the correct direction for the series to take in Smash 4.

GamerSoul

After playing Brawl Minus with my friends until 3 in the morning, I have decided that making everyone completely broken is the correct direction for the series to take in Smash 4.

I haven't had a Smash gaming session like that in awhile. I'm jealous.

I'm bored with Insomnia. Gonna try and make a moveset for:

Captain Syrup

B: Cannon Launch: Captain Syrup will pull out a miniature cannon that will launch a cannonball with an arc in its projection. If it is charged that blast radius of the cannonball will increase. She will be able to move while it charges, but her movement will be decreased. this allows for players to try to line up their shot better.

<B>: Dangerous Duck Boomerang: As a homage to a WL enemy, Captain Syrup will throw a boomerang that will be able to steal most items from opponents [if they are hit with it] or items that are in it's path.

^B: Bobo takes Flight: One of Syrup's Pirate Members, Bobo will appear and give Syrup a vertical boost. It will work similar to Snake's ^B. The initial flaps of Bobo will hurt and push opponent away.

vB: Treasure bribe: This will work as a defensive move. Captain Syrup will pull out a small treasure chest as she braces herself for impact. If the attack is strong enough it will break the chest revealing a random item, a small Wario Land enemy, and the most likely outcome: nothing.

Final Smash: Like A Boss Captain Syrup will take flight on her mechanical flying machine and drop explosive bombs that will raise walls of fire like she did against Wario in a final boss fight. I got tired of hearing the Genie FS idea.

I had so many ideas..make it happen Sakurai

Boss Doggie

...Isn't there a fat purple one of those too? lol.

Anyways I could see it working for her. They could be floating around her and she could use them depending on the special and what not. Damn, now I think she could be a decent character.

Hahahah yeah, the big fat one.

So I wonder what sorts of rules Sakurai has for music selections for a given stage? I'm under the impression that it's "if this series has representation in the form of a stage, then its music goes to that stage and that stage only", with a side order of "if this series doesn't have representation in the form of a stage, then toss its music wherever it kinda fits".

Personally, I'd like it if they loosened up that restriction a bit, so we could have more ice themes for whatever the Ice Climbers' stage inevitably ends up as.

stealth "I want Ice Cap Zone in Smash 4" post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom