• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawless.

This too, I don't see why Geno has some kind of elevated status that puts it above every other partner only character from various Mario RPG games as a likely and actually possible option for a playable character. Really none of them are.

Probably because he doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill Mario character.

SmithnCo

If Isaac can't get in then a one-off character from an RPG from over 15 years ago won't. Besides, Mario was the star of that game and he's already in, so there ya go.

From Ridley right into Geno, this is a good cycle.

I don't know. Coupled with Sakurai's "that would be pretty impossible" comment and relegating two versions of Ridley to bosses in Brawl, I'm not so sure if the thought of including Ridley as a playable character has seriously crossed Sakurai's mind. He wanted to include a second Metroid rep in Brawl, and Zero Suit Samus was the best that he could come up with (over Ridley).

Pretty much what I have been saying :p

I don't expect him but I wouldn't care if he made it ...

Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all more than enough representation for the Mario RPG games. It's almost like asking for a Mario Kart character.

McNum

What was the name of that blue Yoshi with the sunglasses? Boshi? Just give Yoshi that as an alternate and call that the SMRPG reference.

Gravijah

Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all more than enough representation for the Mario RPG games. It's almost like asking for a Mario Kart character.

i don't think that's fair. the mario rpg series all have their own universes and unique characters, while mario kart doesn't have any original characters, since it's a party racer.

KevinCow

Banned

We got a Mario Kart stage. Because Mario Kart is a significant and different aspect of the Mario series that deserves representation. If they presented unique characters with the potential for unique move sets like Fawful and Paper Mario, then people might consider the potential for a Mario Kart character.

KevinCow

Banned
Actually now I'd kinda like to see a Mario Kart character just because a character driving around in a kart the whole time would be hilarious. He could shoot shells and drop bananas and use a feather from the SNES game to jump and whip out a Mario Kart 7 glider for recovery and have a blue shell for his final smash.

Hey, that's how you could make Waluigi playable. His limbs are long enough to reach out of the kart for normals attacks.

SmithnCo

Actually now I'd kinda like to see a Mario Kart character just because a character driving around in a kart the whole time would be hilarious. He could shoot shells and drop bananas and use a feather from the SNES game to jump and whip out a Mario Kart 7 glider for recovery and have a blue shell for his final smash.

Hey, that's how you could make Waluigi playable. His limbs are long enough to reach out of the kart for normals attacks.

Blue shell as the final smash, instant KOs the person winning with no way to dodge it.

Ooccoo

I know the perfect character for the next Smash : Master Higgins from the Adventure Island series!

- Uses a skateboard
- Throws Stone Ax (hold for fireballs)
- Uses milk to regen

I dunno, I like the character.

I know the perfect character for the next Smash : Master Higgins from the Adventure Island series!

- Uses a skateboard
- Throws Stone Ax (hold for fireballs)
- Uses milk to regen

I dunno, I like the character.

Oh yeah, he'd be excellent. Him and Bomberman.

His Final Smash has to be the Shooting Watch. Hammer the A button as fast as possible to increase damage, and then BOOM!

Yeah but that's the only way you can KO people in that game apparently, besides ring-outs I think.

Haha, yeah I know, was just being daft. (The odd thing is that some characters have insta-kills and others just have more Final Smash-y things. Balance on that game is gonna be weird.)

Hansel

Banned
we need a fast big though.

Wolf is quite fast and quite big.

Edit: Is this junk for real?

fSlRz.png

DeMatador

Neo Member
Sorry if this was discussed and done with, but if so I'd like to put it back on the table: Phoenix Wright.

Just being a wishful fan but, guys, he was in UMvC3! Let us not forget he was a Nintendo-exclusive character (GBA, DS, even Wii), unless we count iOS ports... and he was seriously considered for Wii-exclusive Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, anyone remember that scan? They were even thinking of a moveset for him and all.

So, my point: Phoenix Wright. It's been proved he works for fighting games, so what about Smash? If Hotel Dusk characters were Brawl stickers, we could at least get an Ace Attorney reference or two.

Also, Professor Layton, but I'm pretty sure that's been overly discussed here. Although I do believe both him and Wright are way too awesome not to be considered.

EDIT:

Edit: Is this junk for real?

fSlRz.png

Practically debunked.

KevinCow

Banned
Phoenix Wright's cool, but there are so many third-party characters ahead of him, plenty of characters from Capcom alone. Mega Man, Ryu, and Simon Belmont are all way above Phoenix Wright.

Don't worry though, Phoenix Wright will be in Nintendo vs. Capcom.

DeMatador

Neo Member
Phoenix Wright's cool, but there are so many third-party characters ahead of him, plenty of characters from Capcom alone. Mega Man, Ryu, and Simon Belmont are all way above Phoenix Wright.

Don't worry though, Phoenix Wright will be in Nintendo vs. Capcom.

I'm pretty sure if Capcom's gonna include anyone first, it'll be MegaMan. Or at least I would be if it weren't for the Blue Bomber's current situation... Sad times, really.

We're really just grasping every time we mention 3rd-parties, really. We don't really know if Sonic and Snake being in Brawl means an expanded 3rd-party presence in future Smashes... Unless Sakurai specifically said so... He didn't, did he? I honestly don't know.

And I will refrain to talk about Nintendo vs. Capcom for the sake of sanity.

Kokonoe

Banned
Mario RPG characters?

I'd like to see the
Shadow Queen
as a boss, and possibly the Peach version of her as one of the colors.

As for characters,

Vivian
Rawk Hawk
Jellyfish Sisters (Like an Ice Climbers type character)

I'd even like to see Paper colors of the characters like Mario, Peach, Luigi, etc.

And Pennington as a Trophy please.

So I've been fooling around with the Smash roster creater, and I've finally come up with my ideal roster. Please keep in mind that this is in no way realistic by any fathomable stretch of the imagination, and I do not think this will ever happen. Check it out:

Qitbv.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People should be shot for suggesting Geno IMO.

Okay fine, maybe just pelted with tomatoes. But if Geno and Waluigi are in their suggestions, THEN they should be shot.

Wolf isn't really that big. He's as big as Fox and Falco... well maybe slightly bigger, but his stance puts him in a low position.

I hope the following happens:
Wolf and Falco stays while Wolf gets NEW B moves and a different final smash (same to Falco)

Actually I have no problem with Wolf's B moves save for his up B. Maybe make his B deal more damage and has a huge knockback when the bayonet hits. His Reflector move is fine and is pretty much the best of the three (yeah much better than Falco's). Side B is actually pretty unique when things are considered, it looks graphically different from the other space furries' Side B (it's no more "similar" to Pikachu's side B being similar to Luigi's side B). It's his Up B that needs improvement. Change his final smash sure, but make it as good as his Landmaster.

leroidys

You missed this:

Metroid01--article_image.jpg

1429655-bigbowser_super.png

Sure you mentioned them but the pics mean something :p.

Bowser grows and shrinks within a single game though. Not to mention that growing and shrinking is a well established property of the universe. Not a good comparison.

The best counterargument is Charizard, IMO.

Storyline wise doesn't Ridley usually come back because the Space Pirates have rebuilt him? Just say they rebuilt him smaller than usual, christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom