• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think Shulk's chances are really good now. If there was one current namco character I'd pick him.

Why is that? I meant Nintendo owned that character, and M-Soft is Nintendo's second party company so.

Also recently announcement made me rethink about what would happens with SSB4. If they have Namco-Bandai helping them out, so do that meant less characters being cutting out of ssb4 and potential to reach to number 50 for character roster.

For my opinion, I don't think so. They are more likely to working on something else, such as new modes, story mode, trophies and etc.

Kokonoe

Banned
They need to right the wrong in which Captain Falcon's final smash was ramming his opponent with his vehicle.

It needs to be a Super Mega Falcon Punch.

SmithnCo

They need to right the wrong in which Captain Falcon's final smash was ramming his opponent with his vehicle.

It needs to be a Super Mega Falcon Punch.

They need to get the Blue Falcon in there somehow. :(

It should be better though, it wasn't great in Brawl. Pretty short range.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also recently announcement made me rethink about what would happens with SSB4. If they have Namco-Bandai helping them out, so do that meant less characters being cutting out of ssb4 and potential to reach to number 50 for character roster.

For my opinion, I don't think so. They are more likely to working on something else, such as new modes, story mode, trophies and etc.

Going to bump this question and see what people thinking.

To be honest, I already thought of my dream wishy list after I heard that Namco-Bandai partnered up with Sora LTD for SSB4.

1) Story Mode - Smash Talesish RPG
2) Single Mode Revamped from Brawl
Event - They should make more Events for single and coop.
Target Test - They should make Target Test for each character
3) 49 Characters and 1 Random button.
4) 45-52 Stages and Custom Stage returning
5) Pokeball and Assist Trophy returning
Pokeball - They should add little more pokemon and mix it up. They should allow up to 10 pokemon at once, rather than 3 pokemon at once.
Assist Trophy - Please add more memorable characters and random characters. It was great concept for Brawl
6) REMOVE TRIPPING!
7) Keep coming up with cool items
8) Better Online Service (less lag, user interface friendly, etc)
9) If they hit deadline with project; just trying to make rest of missing opportunity as DLC. (Like we should got Mewtwo and Roy DLC for Brawl)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are people suggesting "Tales"-ish story mode? Tales story is horrendous. I mean, I don't like SSE but it's pretty harmless. Why make it worse?

BY2K

Membero Americo
They need to give Ganondorf his own damn moveset.

Stop making him a Capt. Falcon clone, for God's sake.

I'll take giving his old moveset to Black Shadow if it's the only way F-Zero can get its long overdo second rep. I'd still vastly prefer an original Samurai Goroh though :(

SmithnCo

Yeah. At least take his existing stuff and add the sword and energy balls. Then it would at least look like a new moveset. Seriously, don't make clonedorf a tradition, I think most people want him changed at this point.

It's sad when Falco, a character whose clone moveset makes perfect sense anyway (not saying I didn't like that they 'Luigified' him from Fox mind you) and Mario of all characters got more of a change inbetween Melee and Brawl than Ganondorf did. Even his new choke move still looked similar to Falcon's side B.

Boss Doggie

Why not make him both original and clone-ish? Make the ganonball like a projectile falcon punch and simply make the side B add a sword swipe, etc.

SmithnCo

Why not make him both original and clone-ish? Make the ganonball like a projectile falcon punch and simply make the side B add a sword swipe, etc.

That would be a good middle ground, if he ends up as different as Lucas is to Ness. His side-B is pretty good as is though, I love the grab it has in the air.

1) Story Mode - Smash Talesish RPG

Somebody show Sakurai Captain N. Nintendo owns the original characters, and It would conceptually be a perfect fit with Smash.

Dark Energy Ball has a quicker charge, but can be reflected (at increasing speed) with Smash Attacks. Get that tennis action from his boss fights in there.

Boss Doggie

Also I'm bored, so I want to troll anyone with a Star Fox character... with a twist.

Panther Caroso.

Instead of the typical Space Furry flavor, I want to envision him with a Fire Emblem/Star Fox hybrid moveset because he's a Spanish panther wearing an armor and we all know that means any cat wearing clothing is a fencer. So think of Marth with more speed, less weight, faster fall, and more power.

Because his sword is an epee he deals more damage to the tip of his blade much like Marth's, but only through thrusting attacks.

B - Rose
Throws his rose. Follows an arc. When hit, a rose appears on top of the enemy's head as if he or she is hit with Lip's Stick and gradually gains damage. However, Panther also deals more damage and knockback to said enemy. Can be lost after time or when Panther gets hit.

Up B - Cat's Eye
Mix of Fire Fox and Wolf Flash. Fire Fox because it's a directional recovery. Wolf Flash because he performs a very fast flash step much like Wolf Flash. Deals most damage to the area where he reappears as he thrusts his epee on that direction.

Side B - Zapper
Fires a traditional Blaster with his epee drawn and rested beneath it. Unlike typical Blaster shots, it's a single shot that travels fast, deals good damage and knockback, but has a bit of a start up time and recovery. However, if B is pressed again before he fires his Zapper, he instead performs a stab, which comes out faster but deals less damage and knockback.

Down B - Parry
Functions sort of like Counter. Poses for a bit with his epee on guard. If any attack connects, he twirls his epee. Instead of damaging the enemy by returning damage, he instead puts the enemy in a stumbled/stunned position while he reverts to a neutral stance immediately, allowing him to perform any form of counter. When it catches an airborne foe, they are also stunned but with less stun time. However, Panther is invincible for a few frames once the counter activates.

Final Smash - Black Rose
A large zapper shot comes from behind him as he rides his Wolfen the Black Rose, which then boosts forward in a straight line, knocking enemies away. He then flies back once more from another side of the screen determined by the direction held by the player.

j.rob

For lazy people

SXiH6.png

A little of topic but woah woah... How old is Sakurai exactly? I know he has been around for a while but lord have mercy, he barely looks fresh out of his teens here!

Kokonoe

Banned
They need to get the Blue Falcon in there somehow. :(

It should be better though, it wasn't great in Brawl. Pretty short range.

Dunno, I prefer a gigantic mega Falcon Punch.

However, they could have Captain Falcon driving his vehicle at full speed, and he does a punch at max velocity from it.

McNum

Dunno, I prefer a gigantic mega Falcon Punch.

However, they could have Captain Falcon driving his vehicle at full speed, and he does a punch at max velocity from it.
Like he did in that Subspace Emissary cutscene? Drive full tilt, eject from the car, do a Falcon Punch on landing. That'd be awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of Captain Falcon, they were originally going to show battle damage as seen with this textures:
SgnIE.png

Wonder if this idea will come to fruition with the next game.

Truth101

Banned
A little of topic but woah woah... How old is Sakurai exactly? I know he has been around for a while but lord have mercy, he barely looks fresh out of his teens here!

He was born in 1970... So 41, them Asian genes of youth.

Talking of Captain Falcon, they were originally going to show battle damage as seen with this textures:
SgnIE.png

Wonder if this idea will come to fruition with the next game.

Excellent, ZSS being added in makes complete sense now

Ithil

He's 41, but he drank from the same Fountain of Youth as Hideo Kojima

Alfalfa

Neo Member
Wishlist

Ridley
K. Rool
Zoroark
Waluigi
Shulk
Palutena
Medusa
Little Mac
Dillon
Mega Man

Less Likely Wishlist

Ghirahim
Paper Mario
Geno

Other Cool People

Isaac or Matthew (Golden Sun)
Saki or Isa (Sin & Punishment)
Zael

Stagewise, I'd like to see some for Bowser's Castle and Rhythm Heaven.

It's neat enough (helps he's the only good post-SF64 character), though I'd be lying if he wouldn't be worth the price of admission with his rose throw move being an allusion to Dudley.

I don't see Star Fox getting a fourth rep though, and if it did it'd either be Slippy (funny enough troll character) or Krystal (welp).

KevinCow

Banned
They should take Fox, Falco, and Wolf out and put in Panther instead. Panther is the only Star Fox character who doesn't suck.

Actually Peppy doesn't suck either. Panther and Peppy. Screw the rest of those guys.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I know he won't make it in, but a man can dream! I just thought he'd make a nice balance on rivalries. That, and he'd make a nice character who hits on the female characters (and possibly the only character in the game who'd know Samus is a girl without seeing her shed her suit).

They should bring back his original voice actor too (David Scully, he was in Halo, L4D, and Sly).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They should get rid of anyone who isn't a brother or doesn't have a brother (to allow the lasses in). The game is clearly called Super Smash Brothers.

KevinCow

Banned
They should get rid of anyone who isn't a brother or doesn't have a brother (to allow the lasses in). The game is clearly called Super Smash Brothers.

brothers?

well obviously we just need more black people

or, you know... a black person

20 human or humanoid characters, and 19 of them are white. And then you have Ganondorf, who... I guess is black? The one black guy in Smash is also evil incarnate.

Regardless, game's called Smash Brothers. We still only got one brother.

This post started as a joke, but now I feel bad that I can't think of any black dudes - or chicks - who might get in.

You know what, Nintendo should invent a black Mario character or two.

Actually... wait. Seeing how subtly they handled Mario's Italian descent, maybe that would be a bad idea.

brothers?

well obviously we just need more black people

or, you know... a black person

20 human or humanoid characters, and 19 of them are white. And then you have Ganondorf, who... I guess is black? The one black guy in Smash is also evil incarnate.

Regardless, game's called Smash Brothers. We still only got one brother.

This post started as a joke, but now I feel bad that I can't think of any black dudes - or chicks - who might get in.

The newest Little Mac is of indeterminate race.

If they absolutely had to have an Other M rep in then Anthony was the one likable character in a cast of idiots. Doc Louis could also work!

So, I might be alone here... but I really like Sony All-Stars version of having 3 levels of 'Super moves' that are built up through combat as opposed to a smash ball.

I liked that idea... a lot. I'd be okay with them stealing that idea for the next Smash.

Boss Doggie

^If they remove knockback in Final Smashes as well as "form-based" Final Smashes, they make a viable meter-based finishers.

With that said, might as well put in EX versions of B moves or force cancelation to give the meter some use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom