• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Just no. I prefer to see him staying as assist trophy.
180px-TooBadWaluigiTime.jpg

what the fuck is a chibi miku

also who are characters 18 and 19

One is a character from the newest Fire Emblem game, not that I know anything about him and the other...well i'm not sure, looks kind of like the art style of the inazuma eleven games but I really can't tell.

NeonZ

It's a popularity poll of the "Nindori" magazine. Nindori apparently means "Nintendo Dream", so I guess it's Nintendo systems only, which explains why 3rd party characters are there, but only ones with games in Nintendo's systems.

http://www.nindori.com/

Plus Ike and Marth.

Marth is using his FE13 art there though. Ike is using the FE9 art which is how he appears in FE13's DLC chapters when he's an npc/enemy.

Apparently, that list is from Nintendo Dream, which is a magazine only dedicated to Nintendo consoles, so I would say it's the magazine's readers favorite characters on Nintendo systems. Well... Let's see if we can complete that list. :3

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. ?
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
10. Zelda (Skyward Sword)
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. ?
19. ?
20. Fox

SmithnCo

Apparently, that list is from Nintendo Dream, which is a magazine only dedicated to Nintendo consoles, so I would say it's the magazine's readers favorite characters on Nintendo systems. Well... Let's see if we can complete that list. :3

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. ?
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. ?
19. ?
20. Fox

18 is Kirino Ranmaru from Inazuma Eleven. 7 is Krom/Chrome from FE3DS.

19 looks like an FE character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. ?
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. ?
19. ?
20. Fox

number 7 is FE 3DS protagonist. Krom, Chrome, Khrome, etc.

Anth0ny

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. ?
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. ?
19. ?
20. Fox

uh huh.

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. ?
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. ?
19. ?
20. Fox

I guess there were a lot of Kid Icarus fans in the poll.

This game needs Chibi Robo as an assist trophy.

And yes Waluigi needs to be playable.

In fact, Nintendo, I would do anything if you would give us a Mario & Luigi spin off RPG that starred Wario & Waluigi.

GamerSoul

What a weird poll full of randomness lol. Damn you Waluigi. And it looks like Pit barely got the number one position with 177pts since Kirby is 174pts, so Mario had to be right in there.

Gartooth

Only way I would accept Dark Pit is if Sakurai decided that in order to please Brawl fans, he kept Pit the same and gave Dark Pit all the new Uprising weapons. (although there would still be confusion about why two characters who look identical have radically different movesets)

Still, my ideal scenario for Kid Icarus would be to rework Pit (almost entirely) to make room for the various different abilities he got in Uprising along with a new final Smash. (Three Sacred Treasures,
Great Sacred Treasure
etc.) In addition add one or two more characters from that game (Palutena, Magnus, Medusa or
Hades
) along with a great stage to represent it. (I think it would be cool if they made a stage similar to Delfino Plaza from Brawl in which it travels along the sky from different locations from the game, and then transitions to a land stage. In addition it would be a nice touch to have the cast talking during battle similar to the Star Fox and Metal Gear stages)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Only way I would accept Dark Pit is if Sakurai decided that in order to please Brawl fans, he kept Pit the same and gave Dark Pit all the new Uprising weapons. (although there would still be confusion about why two characters who look identical have radically different movesets)

Still, my ideal scenario for Kid Icarus would be to rework Pit (almost entirely) to make room for the various different abilities he got in Uprising along with a new final Smash. (Three Sacred Treasures,
Great Sacred Treasure
etc.) In addition add one or two more characters from that game (Palutena, Magnus, Medusa or
Hades
) along with a great stage to represent it. (I think it would be cool if they made a stage similar to Delfino Plaza from Brawl in which it travels along the sky from different locations from the game, and then transitions to a land stage. In addition it would be a nice touch to have the cast talking during battle similar to the Star Fox and Metal Gear stages)

Actually, I prefer Pit to get rework awhile Dark Pit would remain to be same as Brawl Pit. Also I would like to see Palutena and Medusa. I think they could be clone with some difference if I can think just like Sakurai. Which I can't. :p

Gartooth

Actually, I prefer Pit to get rework awhile Dark Pit would remain to be same as Brawl Pit. Also I would like to see Palutena and Medusa. I think they could be clone with some difference if I can think just like Sakurai. Which I can't. :p

Yeah, I think the whole moveset thing with Pit and Dark Pit would be ideal, but unlike Mario and Luigi, Dark Pit doesn't have a distinct look. (he is just Pit recolored) so that could lead to confusion over which Pit is which. (especially with alt colors thrown in)

Also I agree, Palutena would make a great character. I wouldn't mind seeing Medusa either, but at the very least if she isn't playable, she could wind up (along with
Hades
) being a single player boss.

GamerSoul

Yep, Medusa and Palutena could always be similar to each other and work out fine. I think we will definitely get another Pit rep because this Nintendo poll shows that there is an interest in KI's cast beyond Pit. And the timing, early in Smash 4's development, will also help them get more representation because it is the first initial look into potential characters that are popoular. It's pretty interesting to see Ike so high up when there is a brand new FE game that just came out.

I'm surprised because his games sells next to nothing in Japan nowadays.

Yeah it's definitely surprising how they still are into Sonic like that. Why couldn't that be Megaman or something? lol

qq more

Yep, Medusa and Palutena could always be similar to each other and work out fine. I think we will definitely get another Pit rep because this Nintendo poll shows that there is an interest in KI's cast beyond Pit. And the timing, early in Smash 4's development, will also help them get more representation because it is the first initial look into potential characters that are popoular. It's pretty interesting to see Ike so high up when there is a brand new FE game that just came out.

Yeah it's definitely surprising how they still are into Sonic like that. Why couldn't that be Megaman or something? lol

Capcom: Mega Man? What's that? (laughs)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, I think the whole moveset thing with Pit and Dark Pit would be ideal, but unlike Mario and Luigi, Dark Pit doesn't have a distinct look. (he is just Pit recolored) so that could lead to confusion over which Pit is which. (especially with alt colors thrown in)

Also I agree, Palutena would make a great character. I wouldn't mind seeing Medusa either, but at the very least if she isn't playable, she could wind up (along with
Hades
) being a single player boss.

Yeah, that's problem between Dark Pit and Pit. If Sakurai really want to redo Pit's moveset then I wouldn't object but I will miss Pit's brawl moveset. Medusa and Palutena have more potential than having second Pit if I was thinking like Sakurai. I am sure that he would make one of those character first and if he have free time afterward, he can just make clone of character he chose and made it difference. Hades would be great Boss for revamped story mode.

Capcom: Mega Man? What's that? (laughs)

I felt bad for laughing at this. It's true in every way. It suck to see how they treat megaman, since I am hardcore fan for Megaman and X(NES and SNES era)

Azure J

Unfortunately, he meant by old characters from old games that don't have any sequels lately. I would love to see him spoil one thing for us. number of characters that would be removed from the 4th game.

I am terribly late to this party, but someone actually pressed a StarTropics mention to the guy? I feel vindicated for just that much. :lol

#MikeJones4Smash4

Viridi over Palu & Medusa? Nope.gif

And where's Megaman? :p

leroidys

This game needs Chibi Robo as an assist trophy.

And yes Waluigi needs to be playable.

In fact, Nintendo, I would do anything if you would give us a Mario & Luigi spin off RPG that starred Wario & Waluigi.

I would kill for this. I just finished BiS last week and it was fantastic.

Gartooth

On the notion of Medusa and Palutena potentially being clones of each other, there are some characters I would love to be in the game (Paper Mario, Louie from Pikmin) but they would almost surely be clones of their counterparts. (Paper Mario being a Mario clone, Louie being an Olimar clone)

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we got a lot of clone characters in this game, as the well for original new characters is drying up as time goes on. (not to mention Sakurai loves his clone characters, hello Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link)

Paper Mario literally couldn't be a clone. A clone requires the reuse of animations--Paper Mario couldn't reuse any of Mario's animations--every single move would have to be animated specifically for him. He can't twist his body in any way similar to Mario does. He's a collection of sprites basically.

And Pit won't be completely redone. He'll have a few changes here and there, but if Sakurai isn't willing to completely change Ganondorf or Falco I have a hard time believing he'd completely change a completely unique character. I'm also not a personal fan of the idea of completely changing him due to the fact that I'm actually a fan of the originals and after how poorly Uprising treated what little established canon there was I'd rather they not sweep them under the rug completely.

In terms of further Kid Icarus representation I can't see them adding more than one new character, and Palutena I think handily beats out every other option. If they do add more I'd hope we get a character that is actually seen doing something (not Viridi!) and hopefully something more visually interesting than a pallet swap of Pit. Medusa or Hades.

(and why does everyone seem to spoiler Hades's name but not Viridi's?)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What a weird poll full of randomness lol. Damn you Waluigi. And it looks like Pit barely got the number one position with 177pts since Kirby is 174pts, so Mario had to be right in there.

I just wish we had a mainline Mario or Wario game that had both characters crossing paths again. Wario still seems to think of Mario as his rival judging from all his WarioWare minigames.

Busaiku

VICTORY

Also the other 3 characters are...
7. Krom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
18. Ranmaru Kirino (Inazuma 11 Go)
19. Gaia (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Gartooth

Paper Mario literally couldn't be a clone. A clone requires the reuse of animations--Paper Mario couldn't reuse any of Mario's animations--every single move would have to be animated specifically for him. He can't twist his body in any way similar to Mario does. He's a collection of sprites basically.

I understand that he probably wouldn't be a direct clone like say Dr. Mario, but I think they would use standard Mario as a sort of template for Paper Mario. (give him fireballs, maybe the up B, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom