• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenoblade stage should be one of two things:

on the sword between Bionis & Mechonis

or

Halberd/Final Destination/F-Zero style where you are on a platform and shit is going on behind you. like Mechonis & Bionis fighting.

Yeah I'm thinking a Xenoblade stage would end up like Delfino Plaza

KevinCow

Banned
One of the Metroid stages is going to be from Other M. Deal with it.

I know Sakurai's completely out of touch with the Metroid fanbase, but I really hope he's paying enough attention to understand the Other M is widely seen as an abomination and an embarrassment to the Metroid series.

I don't even know what level they could use. Every environment in the game was so damn dull and done better elsewhere.

You want an ice level? Phendrana did it better - hell, I'd even take ARC from Fusion with Nightmare cameos.

Lava level? They already used Norfair, there's Magmoor, Bryyo, and PYR.

Green plant level? Well we still haven't gotten a decent green Brinstar level, and there's also Crateria, Tallon Overworld, Torvus, Bryyo, or SRX.

Generic space station? We got Orpheon, and I'd also go with BSL, GFS Valhalla, or GFS Olympus before the bottle ship.

And on top of that, there are a ton of far more interesting and unique potential locations like Chozo Ruins, Sanctuary Fortress, Skytown, Pirate Homeworld, or Phaaze.

Friktion321

Neo Member
What I want in new SSB

Cross Platform Play between 3DS and Wii U
Acceptable Online Play
Main controller support for Pro Controller
Online communities a la Mario Kart 7.
Legitimate custom matches with proper matchmaking (online)

I'm probably failing to mention others but those are definitely necessities.

Rafaelcsa

I know Sakurai's completely out of touch with the Metroid fanbase, but I really hope he's paying enough attention to understand the Other M is widely seen as an abomination and an embarrassment to the Metroid series.

I don't even know what level they could use. Every environment in the game was so damn dull and done better elsewhere.

You want an ice level? Phendrana did it better - hell, I'd even take ARC from Fusion with Nightmare cameos.

Lava level? They already used Norfair, there's Magmoor, Bryyo, and PYR.

Green plant level? Well we still haven't gotten a decent green Brinstar level, and there's also Crateria, Tallon Overworld, Torvus, Bryyo, or SRX.

Generic space station? We got Orpheon, and I'd also go with BSL, GFS Valhalla, or GFS Olympus before the bottle ship.

And on top of that, there are a ton of far more interesting and unique potential locations like Chozo Ruins, Sanctuary Fortress, Skytown, Pirate Homeworld, or Phaaze.

There's that gravity section from Other M which, if I'm not mistaken, is unique in the series and could be used for a stage similar to Frigate Orpheon, only with gravity changes instead of flipping. That was one of Other M's better parts.

Although I'd imagine any ideas related to gravity on Smash 4 are going to be used for the inevitable Galaxy stage.

Also, remember that Other M has those holographic areas. I could see Sakurai creating a stage built around holographs, so that he's able to represent different areas from Other M or even the series as a whole in one single stage. Kinda like the Fire Emblem one on Brawl.

If Ridley doesn't make it in, I want this character to be in as second Metroid rep.
Including the full name!

h2Fzv.jpg

BlackJace

Im expecting 42-45 characters and 45-50 stages.

Seems like a fair amount, right? With the beefier hardware, they can't throw together a crap-ton of characters, just like the transition from MvC2 to MvC3.

Im expecting 42-45 characters and 45-50 stages.

Seems like a fair amount, right? With the beefier hardware, they can't throw together a crap-ton of characters, just like the transition from MvC2 to MvC3.

I have a feeling we'll actually get less characters, but with each one being a bit more unique and maybe even some form of customization.

Thores

Hasn't Sakurai straight up lamented in several interviews that he wasn't able to provide Brawl with post-release content? Now that Nintendo is finally integrating DLC support into their new systems, I can't really see him not taking advantage of that on some level.

Well the framework for DLC is being established with Fire Emblem, THEATRHYTHM and NSMB2, and Smash would without a doubt be among the most profitable possible candidates for extended DLC. Even if Sakurai is barely involved with it, if Nintendo is smart there will be a team dedicated solely to providing post-launch DLC.

Also, now that we're in Community I'm going to go slightly off topic and ask what you guys think of Dillon's Rolling Western. I've seen some people requesting for him to be in Smash and it piqued my interest in the game.

Javier

I still think they should include an Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents character that uses breakdancing as a fighting style. Maybe also try to incorporate the numbered circles that explode on contact into the special moves. The Final Smash could a giant "Spin the Wheel" that covers most of the stage.

Also, games without potentially playable characters should be represented through stages, like Hotel Dusk and Pushmo.

I still think they should include an Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents character that uses breakdancing as a fighting style. Maybe also try to incorporate the numbered circles that explode on contact into the special moves. The Final Smash could a giant "Spin the Wheel" that covers most of the stage.

Also, games without potentially playable characters should be represented through stages, like Hotel Dusk and Pushmo.

I'm just going to re-post this EBA moveset I made a while back. What's your take on it?

Agent J

788744-fff_large.jpg

Very fast and nimble at the expense of less power. Dodges are very quick and stylish.

B: Elite Beat (Shoots out a fast-moving music note that does damage and stuns upon hitting)

Side B: Bust-a-move (Chargeable. Dances forwards striking enemies in his path)

Up B: Grapple Mic (swings his microphone upwards, hitting enemies. Can grab ledges)

Down B: Discord (Blasts opponents in a wide radius back with a bad note)

Final Smash: Music Lives! (Fires a large blue blast forwards using the power of music)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I mean, would the split be more of single player with some multiplayer aspects for 3ds and full blown multiplayer in WiiU or something like that?

The game will have the same amount of music as Brawl but lock half of it away, not behind CD unlocks but by on disc DLC, here comes the money!

Remember what Reggie says: "Full featured game, as full-featured as any otha game Nintendo has put out". Nintendo haven't become M$ all of a sudden. They have promised that DLC will only add to the amount of stuff one would find in Brawl..

Anth0ny

Remember what Reggie says: "Full featured game, as full-featured as any otha game Nintendo has put out". Nintendo haven't become M$ all of a sudden. They have promised that DLC will only add to the amount of stuff one would find in Brawl..

Any DLC will immediately be dubbed as "Features that could have been in the final game for free!" by GAF.

So, do you guys think Namco will put in many guest characters? And what do you think will be the status of guest characters generally? Given the cooperation of Capcom and Namco with SFxT and TxSF, how do you think the chances are for some Capcom characters to pop up? And what do you think about the chances for Sonic and Snake returning, other Konami or Sega characters, and possible other 3rd parties like Squeenix?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, do you guys think Namco will put in many guest characters? And what do you think will be the status of guest characters generally? Given the cooperation of Capcom and Namco with SFxT and TxSF, how do you think the chances are for some Capcom characters to pop up? And what do you think about the chances for Sonic and Snake returning, other Konami or Sega characters, and possible other 3rd parties like Squeenix?

They'll insert the whole cast of iDOLM@STER. Due to space reasons they will be replacing other Nintendo characters so it will end up as just Mario n co, Zelda n co and DK Vs the iDOLM@STER.

Megaman was supposedly going to be in Brawl, but Sakurai was waiting for Capcom to ask and Capcom was waiting for Sakurai to ask. O'm betting Sakurai, Capcom and this time Namco are all going to be on top of that shit.

I really hope we don't get a ton of Namco characters. Definitely no Tekken characters, definitely no Soul characters. Pacman is the most likely, having appeared in Mario Kart Arcade already. Miyamoto being such a huge fan of Pacman is what brought about a lot of Nintendo's earliest hits, so it would be appropriate.

Megaman was supposedly going to be in Brawl, but Sakurai was waiting for Capcom to ask and Capcom was waiting for Sakurai to ask.

Source?

I only know that one site had asked Inafune if he would like to see Megaman in Smash, and Inafune basically said "Yeah, Nintendo just needs to give me a call and he's in."

Source?

I only know that one site had asked Inafune if he would like to see Megaman in Smash, and Inafune basically said "Yeah, Nintendo just needs to give me a call and he's in."

IDK where the fuck he's getting "was going to be in" from but yeah, Sakurai was all like "LOL, Capcom didn't ask me to put him in :p" when asked why MM wasn't in.

MisterHero

Kotaku article from 2008 said:
Sakurai shows off many of the other characters, ones that don't have the build of a Microman toy, like King Dedede, Olimar, Diddy Kong and Meta Knight. Sakurai busts out one of the Micromen, he says in his "Ken" pose.

"One thing I'd like to point out though, is that there are no Street Fighter characters in Super Smash Bros." Consider us crestfallen!
Sakurai was thinking of Street Fighter as far as Capcom goes

Plzplzplz Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom