• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeyes

I really would like the ULTRA attacks to work off of combo meter. You land enough consecutive strikes you are granted a character specific ultra. I am not a fan of a little ball flying around open to anyone.

Agreed. The Final Smashes would have to be re-balanced for that to happen though. I think that a cool Smash-ey way to pull that off would be to have the crowd start chanting after you meet the pre-requisites for the power-up. The powered up state would last about 20 seconds and have the following two benefits:

1. Your defense increases and your moves hit harder.

2. You have access to the Final Smash. The catch is that its power decreases the longer you go without using it. This would add an element of strategy as players would have to choose between being buffed or going all out with the Final Smash.

Gameboy415

6. Kevin Keene (Captain N, the Game Master)
cn_tev_sticker_captainn.jpg

Let me go over my reasons:
A. He would certainly fit the spot of WTF final character ala G&W & ROB
B. He's looooong overdue a reboot. Batman survived Adam West, Justice League survived the Super Friends, why can't this guy get a second chance?
C. It'd be interesting seeing him updated to more current hardware, using the Wii Zapper instead of NES Zapper or having a long range grab with the IR pointer.
D. Yes, Nintendo owns the rights to him not DiC.
His specific powers from the show fit perfectly into a move set:

B- fire Zapper
Side B- Super Dash
Up B- Super Jump
Down B- Create Tetris Block

Final Smash- Pause Game

I would love to see Captain N come back in some form (hell, I own the complete original series on DVD!), but I doubt Nintendo would put him in a Smash game simply because most younger players wouldn't even recognize him.

What could be cool is if they made Mii a playable character that was wearing Captain N's jacket and had a moveset similar to the one mentioned above!

Other playable characters I'd like to see:
-Birdo - could play similar to Yoshi or even be an alt costume
-Chibi Robo - lots of potential with his various tools + final smash could be giant robo!
-Wart - It'd be interesting to see him come back and he could be an additional heavyweight like Bowser/DK

Lucario

Count me in as hoping every character (except maybe cutting one of the space furries/toon link for being useless) makes a return.

I would like to see the pokemon more evenly spread out across the gens, though.
Maybe if there's a larger roster this time it'd be nice to see one for each gen, cutting jigglypuff and pokemon trainer:

Pikachu
Scizor
Blaziken
Lucario
Zoroark

I feel like this'd be better than the current "lol there's 3 1st gen pokemon, umad?" scenario. Plus, it'd be awesome to play as blaziken, even though nobody really likes zoroark and I'd prefer to have jigglypuff in his place :p

Oh, and puff was my favorite in melee, but they seriously nerfed him to the point of uselessness in brawl. Make rest an instant kill on everyone past 29% again, and I'll be all for his inclusion in SSB4.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oooooh, I had Captain N on my list as well. His voice actor, Matt Hill, is still in the business so I think Nintendo could easily get him in the game as well for full on authenticity.

PKrockin

6. Kevin Keene (Captain N, the Game Master)
http://www.cnn.captainn.net/img/cn_tev_sticker_captainn.jpg[IMG]
Let me go over my reasons:
A. He would certainly fit the spot of WTF final character ala G&W & ROB
B. He's looooong overdue a reboot. Batman survived Adam West, Justice League survived the Super Friends, why can't this guy get a second chance?
C. [B]It'd be interesting seeing him updated to more current hardware, using the Wii Zapper instead of NES Zapper or having a long range grab with the IR pointer.[/B]
D. Yes, Nintendo owns the rights to him not DiC.[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't. Come on. :P

DarkKyo

Sounds awfully random, and unlikely.

Who else would Nintendo take from Square? It's not like Sora hasn't been in a Nintendo game. I'd like either Sora or Chrono.

Sora is also PERFECT for the lore of Smash Bros because he is known for interacting with other worlds/franchises.

Emitan

Who else would Nintendo take from Square? It's not like Sora hasn't been in a Nintendo game. I'd like either Sora or Chrono.

Sora is also PERFECT for the lore of Smash Bros because he is known for interacting with other worlds/franchises.

uh... Geno?

qrFYf.jpg

DarkKyo

Sora would be better off in the next Dissidia, than in the next Smash Bros.

He'd be better in Dissidia but his fighting style would be perfect for Smash Bros I feel. Long combos with a weapon that's not really meant for violence(no blood or sharp edges)...

NeonZ

I really would like the ULTRA attacks to work off of combo meter. You land enough consecutive strikes you are granted a character specific ultra. I am not a fan of a little ball flying around open to anyone.

I liked the Smash Ball... The presence of the Smash Ball usually drastically changed the flow of the combat, with the pursuit for it becoming the focus of the match. It's an addition that actually changed the game in a visible way even to people who weren't very technical. If you don't want it, just turn it off and then the matches flowed pretty differently.

On the other hand, the unbalanced Final Smashes themselves weren't handled so well. Maybe they could create individual supers, weaker than the Final Smashes and more focused on single opponent hits, but keep the Smash Ball around, either with the current system or with a single generic final smash for everyone, depending on how many resources it takes to implement the Final Smashes. Maybe the Final Smashes could be all redesigned into "damage full screen" type attacks, less useful for one vs one matches.

Codeblue

I'd like to see a TWEWY, CT, or DQ rep in before KH.

I think Geno is the most likely addition if Square manages to squeeze a character in there though.

Sora is owned by Disney, not Square, isn't he?

JonCha

Would be great if Sonic was permanent (or at least coming back), though he looked like a special character. Was he actually good to play as?

qq more

Would be great if Sonic was permanent (or at least coming back), though he looked like a special character. Was he actually good to play as?

He was fun to play as, but he wasn't really strong. His speed makes up for it though.

Now that you mention Disney, it makes me wonder if Epic Mickey could be a character in Smash.
If Sakurai sticks with the rules of outside character inclusion (which is very likely), then no. That's not possible since Mickey originated as a cartoon character. His "Epic Mickey" version doesn't count, he's still Mickey Mouse.

Snakeyes

Neku. He can literally do anything.

melee is the best gamecube game and imo the best game of the ps2, gamecube and xbox era.. that's saying alot i know with all the titles for those systems.. but nothing stands out more than that for me as an example of excellence.

Brawl was fun but didn't give me even 1/10th the enjoyment melee gave me. I don't know if it's age or what.. melee i was 20ish when it came out.. brawl i was 26-27.. didn't do big tournaments with my buddies like before..as we're all moved away working doing different things now.. wii control setup vs gamecube wavebird play too i think maybe be a factor, though i did have 1 wavebird still on the wii that i did use most of the time.

I'm thinking the pure awesomeness of melee will be near impossible to repeat.. something about that game was as close to magical/perfection as i've experience in my lifetime of playuing videogames. (which spans every major console and PC)

BY2K

Membero Americo
TNgLx.jpg

He has to be. If you can't make Ganondorf a non-clone of Captain Falcon then at least put Ghirahim in.

Ezalc

They should just bring Sora from Kingdom Hearts as a guest character.

Fuck no.

how about someone without a horrible design
Geno's design is great, way better than Sora and most other Square characters.

That's just the garbage pre-rendered style of SMRPG throwing you off. Geno isn't that bad. (Not exactly worthy of a place in the roster though, Assist Trophy is more his speed)
Geno could easily be a playable character, like he should of been in Brawl. He's probably the only Mario RPG character who could be playable.

Geno hate is well appreciated and supported.
More like ridiculous and supported by peasants.

fisheyes

Geno was one of 5 playable characters in arguably the worst game in a spin-off genre of a major series. There is absolutely no reason he should be a playable character in a Smash Bros game and I will never understand why people want him in.

Ezalc

Geno was one of 5 playable characters in arguably the worst game in a spin-off genre of a major series. There is absolutely no reason he should be a playable character in a Smash Bros game and I will never understand why people want him in.

Because SMRPG is an amazing game and Geno was one of the best party members in the game. Oh and you're wrong, even if you don't like SMRPG there are MANY spin-offs from major franchises are well beyond terrible utter shit. He should be playable because his theme was fucking amazing, he has a moveset already, he's an awesome character unlike Mallow, and because there isn't a better Mario RPG rep. I know somebody will say Paper Mario but just god no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom