• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
I think Geno was next up according to polls from Japan last round, and in terms of third party the highest voted characters that didnt make it in were Mega Man and Sora.

Ezalc

I think Geno was next up according to polls from Japan last round, and in terms of third party the highest voted characters that didnt make it in were Mega Man and Sora.

I remember people wanting Megaman in, but not Sora. I really hope Sora doesn't become playable.

Kyzer

Banned
Im just saying, those polls were the basis for most character predictions, and really should still be used.

Ezalc

that would probably make not wanna get it

fuck that kh noise

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

look, screw geno. we have choices from the much superior paper mario & mario & luigi series. let's go with those.

I love the Paper Mario games, and as much as I'd love to see a return of Bobbery, none of them have the potential of Geno. Also SMRPG=TTYD>*

As long as I get Skull Kid in either the 3ds version or WiiU and I'm good. But of course he's too perfect of a fit to ever be included :(

I want Yoshi's Island baby bowser(or sunshine baby bowser), and Kamek or at least a yoshi's island themed stage that has them in the background.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would like to remind everyone that we are getting Sony Smash Bros so I want to say this

I really truly hope that SonySB would make Nintendo take it serious with SSB4.

Ezalc

I would like to remind everyone that we are getting Sony Smash Bros so I want to say this

I really truly hope that SonySB would make Nintendo take it serious with SSB4.

I really doubt that will happen. The studio making it has never released anything and some of the gameplay mechanics of the game already sound kind of meh like the three tier supers or whatever.

Throavium

Geno people during Brawl were annoying. That's the only reason I dislike Geno in Smash.
I think it goes like this, there's a group of people who want Geno in Smash, and then there is the other group who just doesn't understand the Geno fans at all and lampoons the whole idea entirely. Besides, I thought Square owned Geno?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think it goes like this, there's a group of people who want Geno in Smash, and then there is the other group who just doesn't understand the Geno fans at all and lampoons the whole idea entirely. Besides, I thought Square owned Geno?

Quite correct.

It don't stop fans from supporting him to be in any smash game.

Ezalc

Square does own Geno, I'm still waiting for Nintendo to buy him and all the SMRPG assets from them.

Throavium

For me I'm pretty indifferent about it, I did beat SMRPG, I'm just wondering how will Geno work, he definitely has some attacks, but I have no idea if the character is an agile kind of guy or what.

Javier

Personally I would like to see a Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword. That series needs some spicin' up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Personally I would like to see a Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword. That series needs some spicin' up.

That new chick, who seems to be the heroine in the 3Ds FE, looks like a good choice...a female character too. Don't know if they've revealed what weapons she uses, but I'm guessing she might be an archer or mage-type character. Hopefully they don't go with Chrome. :(

Ezalc

I want Sigurd to be in the game with the ability to switch between lances and swords kind of like how Zelda and Sheik switch. It'll probably never happen and we'll get that new guy from the 3DS game who will probably have the same moveset as Ike considering he actually looks like a heavy character whereas Ike could only be described as a more burly looking character in Radiant Dawn and not in Path of Radiance where they took his appearance from in Smash.

how about they make the fighting system GOOD again like it was in the first two games.

I couldn't care less who they put in the game as long as the characters are varied enough

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Actually it's Disney. All original characters in KH are Disney owned regardless on who designed them... ugh, must I make another rant on how commission works?

Geno's design is great, way better than Sora and most other Square characters.

More like ridiculous and supported by peasants.

Don't worry, I don't like Sora too.

But Geno bashing is welcome in my books especially due to his fans, especially coming from an overrated RPG. :)

Jokey665

I vowed Brawl to be the last smash game I buy that doesn't include Geno. I'll instead replay SMRPG on release date and say fuck all yall if he isn't in it.

Anth0ny

If Ganon still plays like Captain Falcon there will be hell to pay.

"I know! How about we take Ganon's moveset from Melee, and just make everything slower, laggier and more stiff."

Sincerely,

sakurai.jpg

Ezalc

that's why i want mallow

Here I thought you were cool. So much for that.

Don't worry, I don't like Sora too.

But Geno bashing is welcome in my books especially due to his fans, especially coming from an overrated RPG. :)

At least you're half right. Sora does suck. SMRPG isn't overrated, it's a good game. It's not especially GLORIOUS but it's damn fun. Geno is still the only RPG character from the Mario RPGS that could be a playable character.

If there are any clones in this game there will be hell to pay. Yes that includes Falco. There's absolutely no reason at all for there to be clones in this new game, but I'm sure there will be because this is Sakurai we're talking about here.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least you're half right. Sora does suck. SMRPG isn't overrated, it's a good game. It's not especially GLORIOUS but it's damn fun. Geno is still the only RPG character from the Mario RPGS that could be a playable character.

If there are any clones in this game there will be hell to pay. Yes that includes Falco. There's absolutely no reason at all for there to be clones in this new game, but I'm sure there will be because this is Sakurai we're talking about here.

It's overrated when you have people talking about it repeatedly and insist on putting a one dimensional character with no defining personality other than being stoic. They're like Vivi fans except far more annoying.

And technically speaking in Brawl there's like, only very few "clones". I blame Melee for introducing the concept of clones to be honest, that had the characters appeared in their Brawl "style" instead of Melee's right off the start, the whole "clone" word wouldn't be used by Smash players.

Ezalc

It's overrated when you have people talking about it repeatedly and insist on putting a one dimensional character with no defining personality other than being stoic. They're like Vivi fans except far more annoying.

And technically speaking in Brawl there's like, only very few "clones". I blame Melee for introducing the concept of clones to be honest, that had the characters appeared in their Brawl "style" instead of Melee's right off the start, the whole "clone" word wouldn't be used by Smash players.

You don't like Vivi either?! What the fuck man. There should be a limit to bad taste. Anyways, most of the Mario RPG characters have no personality other than one little quirk. Even if they're RPGs the stories in the Mario ones don't tend to be all that deeeeep. Geno is still the only good candidate from this section of the Mario games.

I'd still use it. Sure the clones have some more differences but they're still clones to me and will always be. Just because Fox's blaster doesn't stun while Falco's does they're still using blasters and it looks too damn similar for me. Change that shit. There's no reason for them not to spend time thinking of unique characters to put in the game. I don't care if we get Krystal instead of Falco, hell I'd prefer it at least she'd be a different play style. Falco and Wolf can be relegated to alternate costumes if they don't have unique movesets. Same for anybody else who's clone-ish. Exception being Luigi and possibly Lucas.

haha speaking of mario RPG, give me that bird character dodo, that pecking mini game is still awesome.

and if you want a female from mario rpg, get that woman with the parrot on her head

Ezalc

haha speaking of mario RPG, give me that bird character dodo, that pecking mini game is still awesome.

and if you want a female from mario rpg, get that woman with the parrot on her head

You just want Valentina because of her boobs. They should be a stage on which you fight on.

Emitan

screw everyone wanting to give ganondorf a sword, he's my favorite character

at least give me the option to play as clone ganon

Seda

And with a better roster.
And with a better singleplayer mode.
And better online.
And actually useful non-clone characters.

Subspace Emissary was a waste.

Brawls roster is fine, imo. Just less clones. Maybe a new Pokemon for new gen. Most other additions seem to be a bit reaching.

Someone like Ganondorf shouldn't have to borrow heavily from a moveset of another character whose moves are completely made up for Smash Brothers.

You just want Valentina because of her boobs. They should be a stage on which you fight on.

haha well they did bounce when you hit her D: my young mind was blown when i saw that.

that croc with the hat for assist character, he can throw bombs from his bag or health

IceCold

I want this character:

Mother 3 Spoiler:

Masked man. Either as a separate character or combined with Lucas like Shiek/Zelda in Melee.

I'd also like to see Knuckles, Ridley, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Isaac from Golden Sun, Little Mac and other characters that I can't think of right now.

edit: Just thought of another: Geno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom