• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
GamerSoul said:
Is advance wars any good? never played it so im not familiar with the popularity of Sami and Andy. It's a pretty good roster but for Smash 4 I hope we get the guys we really think deserve a slot and some crazy ass Sakurai picks to mix things up.
advance wars is the best

GSR

I wonder if we'll see any more third-party characters this time, and if so, from who. Before Brawl it seemed like Capcom was the most likely candidate, but honestly I don't know if they'd want to work with Nintendo now that they've got their own crossover stuff going strong.

Hell, I wonder if we'll even see Snake and Sonic again.

also shut up MisterHero, AW or bust

damn that's nice

8ocQb.png

MisterHero

Here's a list of 3rd-party franchises Nintendo's had crossovers with

Sonic (various games)
Pac-Man (MarioKart Arcade GP)
Bomberman (Wario Blast)
Final Fantasy (Mario Sports; Itadaki Street)
Castlevania (Captain N)
Megaman (Captain N)
Metal Gear Solid (SSB Brawl)

There are others probably but I can't list anymore off the top of my head

GSR said:
also shut up MisterHero, AW or bust
but controlling infantry and vehicles directly is more fun than via a map

Codeblue said:
I couldn't even remember a single character from that series until you mentioned Herman.
There's Brigadier Betty too

BW gets 2 playable characters while AW gets noooooone

Gravijah

IceDoesntHelp said:
All I ask for is
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/TravisTouchdown.png[/MG]
Seriously put Travis in, and you will have won my heart Sakurai[/QUOTE]

i'd rather the final boss of nmh~

Boney

Banned
surprised people are still asking for travis, he wouldn't be able to swear nor dismember people.

what do you got left

GamerSoul

Boney said:
advance wars is the best

Then give that series some representation and exposure Sakurai! And those new LoZ characters are probably gonna get in beause that game is looking like an Epic that can't be ignored.

PounchEnvy said:
And as opposed transforming into Sheik, SS Zelda could just call for this character's help. That would be awesome.
This.

They really need to move out of the OoT era for LoZ characters. Stop acting as if that's the be all and end all for the series ... if it's that important to have Sheik in then atleast make it make sense for the latest game.

I really wonder if they will have custom attacks this time. If so then I'm sure they could use that option to "fix" Ganon and make moves that are based on SS for Zelda.

I reckon we could have...
Lord Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
Masked Man /
Claus
(Mother III)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Saki (Sin and Punishment)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Marcus (Kid Icarus)
Bowser Jr. (Mario)
Black and White Pokemon Trainer- Tepig, Servine, Samurott (Pokemon)

Inclusion of Travis would be amazing. The series got Snake, and all of the MGS titles are all M rated, so I don't see why not. Beam saber attacks, and wrasslin' moves would be awesome. His final smash could be that giant mech Glastonbury.

NeonZ

Codeblue said:
I never though about updating Pokemon Trainer. That would be pretty interesting.

I don't think he's likely to be replaced. He wasn't the most recent trainer when he was added to Brawl. He made it in the first place because he's the new design for the original trainer, not because he was a recent one. So, it's very likely that he'll stay.

Exterminieren said:
I reckon we could have...
Lord Ghirahim (Skyward Sword) Hoping ...
Masked Man /
Claus
(Mother III) Would be nice ... but IDK
Isaac (Golden Sun) Should happen. Either him or Matthew ... or both with one being an alt.
Saki (Sin and Punishment) I think it should be the 2 from the newer game, Isa Jo and Kachi.
Shulk (Xenoblade) Hoping ...
Marcus (Kid Icarus) I think the 2 females have a better chance than he does. Apparently he doesn't play much of a role in the game.
Bowser Jr. (Mario) agreed.
Black and White Pokemon Trainer- Tepig, Servine, Samurott (Pokemon) agreed

My feelings in bold.
I wish we had a clearer understand of what this customization would be applied to :/

KevinCow

Banned
I want them to make Pokemon Trainer a character people actually want to use. Cool concept, but not pulled off fantastically.

Same with Olimar.

KevinCow said:
I want them to make Pokemon Trainer a character people actually want to use. Cool concept, but not pulled off fantastically.

Same with Olimar.
I remember thinking about it recently and ... why does Sakurai give Lucario the ability to become stronger as he gets more damage where as the starter's ingame ability is kinda like that yet the opposite happens to them?

I would like the whole stamina thing to be looked at along with the fact that they all have shitty recoveries :/

GamerSoul

As of right now, I don't see how the WiiU can have a strong launch without this game. Unless they have yet another Mario in the works. No pressure Sakurai...just get a trailer finished by E3 or something.

Anth0ny

KevinCow said:

Same with Olimar.

So... split up the Pokemon and don't make people think so much (managing pikmin)?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why not go for Obscure nintendo exclusive 3rd party characters like Princess Katia from Lost Kingdoms or Kalas from Baten Kaitos and Travis Touchdown?

PKrockin

Black-Wind said:
I remember thinking about it recently and ... why does Sakurai give Lucario the ability to become stronger as he gets more damage where as the starter's ingame ability is kinda like that yet the opposite happens to them?

I would like the whole stamina thing to be looked at along with the fact that they all have shitty recoveries :/

Originally Red/Blue's starters didn't have abilities, their abilities were tacked on all the starters later. Unlike Lucario they don't play into their battle strategy much either. Besides, switching between 3 Pokemon is enough of a gimmick.

The stamina thing is fine, it just needs to be less punishable and Ivysaur and Charizard need to not suck so hard. As it stands you never want to switch from Squirtle, which defeats the purpose of being a Pokemon Trainer as opposed to a Pokemon.

GamerSoul said:
As of right now, I don't see how the WiiU can have a strong launch without this game. Unless they have yet another Mario in the works. No pressure Sakurai...just get a trailer finished by E3 or something.

Huh? Did I miss the announcement of the Wii U launch lineup and release date?

Anth0ny

Guys, launches always suck.

Well, unless you delay a GC game and make it into a Wii title with tacked on motion controls.

Or you release Smash Bros Melee a month later.

Or you release Mario 64 with the console.

Or Mario World.

Or Mario Bros.

fuck Nintendo has a pretty good track record for console launches. I can't see Smash being done any time near launch unfortunately, but if we're lucky, we'll get New Super Mario Bros Mii (in other words, NSMB Wii running off Dolphin with some new levels!).

Boney

Banned
KevinCow said:

Same with Olimar.
no way i love using pokemon trainer and olimar.

Olimar is a beast as well

Pupi18 said:
Why not go for Obscure nintendo exclusive 3rd party characters like Princess Katia from Lost Kingdoms or Kalas from Baten Kaitos and Travis Touchdown?
Because no one cares about those?

Especially LK, it's a turd game

Snakey

I still think that Roy should be brought back (along with Mewtwo).

Heck, from the Japanese forums I have read, they are the two most wanted "newcomers" for Smash 4. It seems that many Japanese fans were so bitter about the removal of these two characters that they have become overly pessimistic in regards to cuts for Smash 4. They are expecting Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Wolf, and ROB as possible candidates for the chopping block.

GamerSoul

Snakey said:

Heck, from the Japanese forums I have read, they are the two most wanted "newcomers" for Smash 4. It seems that many Japanese fans were so bitter about the removal of these two characters that they have become overly pessimistic in regards to cuts for Smash 4. They are expecting Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Wolf, and ROB as possible candidates for the chopping block.

Wow, they are so different from us. Thank you for the other perspective, Snakey. If those characters are going to return, I think they need to be changed to feel fresh. I don't know how I feel about, characters being cut other than the 3rd parties.

Mistle

Ghirahim will almost definitely be in it in my opinion. They'll want to represent SS and he is perfect. Though there could be other character in the game that we don't know of yet, of course.

But I guess everybody thought Brawl would have Zant, so who knows.

Snakey said:

Where are you getting this from?

Anyway, yeah, everyone wanted Mew2 to make it and I'm sure US fans want him to come back just as much.

As for the cuts ... I actually wouldn't mind all but ROB and Wolf on that list.

qq more

Pupi18 said:
Travis Touchdown is the only one there that has a chance and that's only because Suda wants him to be in the game (that and he was involved in Brawl, but I'm not exactly sure what he did). Obscure 3rd parties otherwise don't have a chance :V

Snakey

GamerSoul said:
Wow, they are so different from us. Thank you for the other perspective, Snakey. If those characters are going to return, I think they need to be changed to feel fresh. I don't know how I feel about, characters being cut other than the 3rd parties.

They are surprisingly not different at all. The only difference is that Roy and Mewtwo are more wanted than actual "true" newcomers. The primary reason as to why they are pessimistic about so many of Brawl's newcomers being possibly cut is due to them not expecting those two characters from Melee to be cut (they were also among the most popular characters in Melee). Really, Mewtwo and Roy were basically excluded as a result of priorities and Sonic being added so late to the game. From the Smash forums I read, they they would like to see K. Rool and Mega Man too. Takamaru is also really requested there too.

Really the only differences seemed to me the lack of requests regarding Ridley and Little Mac (who are probably the most requested newcomers among the Western Smash Bros. fanbase).

In regards to your earlier question about whether Ridley, Little Mac, and Isaac were the most requested characters for Smash 4 among Western Smash fans, yes I would say so. I would also throw in K. Rool and Mega Man into the West's Top 5.

Rlan

andy.png

Though with Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin cutting that whole story and characters away, it might not happen :(

Boney

Banned
qq more said:
Travis Touchdown is the only one there that has a chance and that's only because Suda wants him to be in the game (that and he was involved in Brawl, but I'm not exactly sure what he did). Obscure 3rd parties otherwise don't have a chance :V
lol

travis has zero chances. Kratos has more chances.

MisterHero

Bowser Jr is a fine idea but I'd suggest Lemmy Koopa first

he's awesome googly eyes and can bounce on balls and shit

Billychu said:
I don't remember if I've responded to this post yet. Dude what?
its okay i know a lot of people didnt play battalion wars

Rlan said:
andy.png

Though with Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin cutting that whole story and characters away, it might not happen :(
I would like both games to get a character.

Betty would be my choice for BW ... because America that's why.
Brigadier-betty-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom