• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrah

Banned
I'd take a Cream and Cheese combo that worked like Pokemon Trainer. I don't know what the moveset would be but whatever it was I'm sure it would be dope

They're both pretty fucking obscure, but I'd argue that Ray has the edge cause he's been in only 1 game (SegaSonic), while Mighty was in that, Knuckles' Chaotix and had a few more cameos.
Yeah, he is pretty unknown even among Sonic fans i'd wager, they should be brought back over most of the current friend lineup.

I'd take a Cream and Cheese combo that worked like Pokemon Trainer. I don't know what the moveset would be but whatever it was I'm sure it would be dope
An alternative Olimar, Cheese follows you and the various b moves assign it to attack allowing for long range cheese tactics.
Cream is the best

What I hate is that people forget Bandai side exists.
Oh yeah, okay now the game is filled with Tekken and anime, including the anime not actually made by bandai.

We're going to get Link!

Joking aside, some of Link's weapons in SCII were quite obscure references.

You could totally use one of the canes as a weapon if I recall correctly.

GamerSoul

found this article on one of Gaf's banned sites that I usually skim for my Nintendo news. It has one small part involving Namco Bandai and Smash so I thought I'd post it here. It's an interview with Tekken series Director, Hatsuhiro Harada.

Nintendo revealed last month that Namco Bandai will be handling the next Super Smash Bros. to a somewhat mixed reception. Have you been heavily involved with that? Can we expect Heihachi or other Tekken characters rubbing shoulders with Mario?

Obviously people are saying many things since we are developing the next Smash Bros. We’re very excited that Nintendo chose us, and most they likely did because Namco Bandai has a very good track record with fighting games such as the Tekken series. We have a lot of experience and knowledge regarding this particular genre, that’s probably one of the factors in their decision. That being said, although we’ll help provide support on technology and other things involved creating the game, I’m currently very focused on the Tekken series. Some people might say online that I’m going to be involved in the development process or not but that shouldn’t really be an issue because the game design is going to be handled Masahiro Sakurai. So I don’t understand why there would be any worries there.

I mentioned in a past interview recently that the Tekken characters are something that maybe long time fans of the Smash Bros. series don’t really expect, so maybe they won’t be in there. The feedback was very mixed, there were 2 camps, one said “Harada, you’re very right, we don’t need the Tekken characters in Smash Bros, good job.” It’s nice that they agree with me but on the other hand, they themselves don’t exactly need Tekken characters in Smash Bros. so it’s kind of complex. Then there’s the other half were people saying “No you’re totally wrong, we want Tekken and Soul Calibur characters in the game otherwise why does it need to be developed be Namco Bandai” so there’s really two different sides and it’s difficult to choose one. Obviously I’m not going to say to Sakurai, “We want Tekken characters, please put it in” that’s not the case so people don’t have to worry about that. The sole decision will probably be made in a way that if more people want Tekken characters in it then Sakurai might choose to do so, if not then so be it.

http://dustycartridge.com/features/a-chat-with-tekken-series-director-katsuhiro-harada-part-2/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
found this article on one of Gaf's banned sites that I usually skim for my Nintendo news. It has one small part involving Namco Bandai and Smash so I thought I'd post it here. It's an interview with Tekken series Director, Hatsuhiro Harada.

http://dustycartridge.com/features/a-chat-with-tekken-series-director-katsuhiro-harada-part-2/

Just no, Just no... I prefer one character each company. However, I want Pac-Man to be playable character because he is iconic character from old time. I hope that they will find a way to get bomberman in.

Murrah

Banned
An alternative Olimar, Cheese follows you and the various b moves assign it to attack allowing for long range cheese tactics.
Cream is the best

Dang, that's a way better way of handling it than I had in mind. I'd be so down for that

Just no, Just no... I prefer one character each company. However, I want Pac-Man to be playable character because he is iconic character from old time. I hope that they will find a way to get bomberman in.

I wouldn't mind a couple Namco reps, just not all from the same series, plus it's the only way Klonoa would even have a slight chance of being playable. That being said I'm guessing Sakurai will stick to only a few third party characters again at most, and I'm ok with that too

What I think would be more interesting is to have a general Namco stage. Like, maybe have it be set in an arcade machine and it randomly brings up quick little things from a bunch of different Namco games. Basically be like the WarioWare stage only it would be scenes from stuff like Galaga and Pacman. Maybe have it be interactive too. Something lkke that would get my motor running more than any character, but then again I'm in the minority that's more fascinated by stages than characters

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

http://dustycartridge.com/features/a...harada-part-2/

Really sounds more like a bunch of clueless people not knowing how Smash was developed suddenly going in all arms.

Well if Capcom could make Phoenix Wright of all people into a fighting game character then I can see Layton working, plus Layton has his sword fighting skills and inventing prowess like that gun that fires coins.

Would Professor Layton work as a character on the Smash series?

As said above he can fence / invent things out of random objects so he does have a possible move list. Also perhaps Luke's abilities with animals or Emmy's kung fu type moves could be made into Assist Trophies.

Layton really deserves to get in as thanks to Level 5 for selling the DS to casuals but still providing an excellent franchise.

Reminds me that I have to check out Inazuma 11...

Hm... well, if he does get included, Luke and Emmy assist trophies would be amazing, plus, his stage (If he would get one) would have amazing music from the series.
Remastered Professor Layton music in SSB4 is my dream

Also kind of wondering if Muddy Mole from Mole Mania could work in any context. I mean, one of his moves seems to be a suplex of some sort, which is pretty awesome. I guess his moves would involve throwing giant metal balls at people, powerful forward kicks, burrowing into the ground... not sure what his recovery could be, since jumping isn't exactly part of the game's mechanics.

Boss Doggie

I always think people who simply say Dillon is a "Sonic replacement" are idiots who never played the game.

qq more

I always think people who simply say Dillon is a "Sonic replacement" are idiots who never played the game.

Not to mention what kind of sense does it make to replace a gaming icon with an eshop game character? People are weird.

(In speaking of, I need to play Rolling Western.)

Murrah

Banned
Hm... well, if he does get included, Luke and Emmy assist trophies would be amazing, plus, his stage (If he would get one) would have amazing music from the series.
Remastered Professor Layton music in SSB4 is my dream

You don't necessarily need Layton to be playable or have a stage to have Layton music in the game though; I don't see him being playable (though I wouldn't mind) but I definitely can see assist trophies and music happening

Also kind of wondering if Muddy Mole from Mole Mania could work in any context. I mean, one of his moves seems to be a suplex of some sort, which is pretty awesome. I guess his moves would involve throwing giant metal balls at people, powerful forward kicks, burrowing into the ground... not sure what his recovery could be, since jumping isn't exactly part of the game's mechanics.

I hadn't thought about it beforehand but now that you've brought it up this would probably be at the top of my most wanted characters list. Did Mole Mania even get any stickers in Brawl? I definitely don't recall there being trophies

Nintendo need to hurry up and put out a bunch of games set in the rolling western universe to up Dillon's chances, preferably ones that review well.

qq more

I've seen people lambast Skyward Sword and Metal Gear Solid 4, too. Should Link and Snake get the axe?

Don't forget Samus because of Other M! While we're at it, let's remove every Pokemon character because everything after Gen 1 are considered shit by very few nostalgia freaks many!!!

Yahtzee hated Kid Icarus: Uprising. Clearly Pit should be removed from the game.

Actually, he didn't care for Super Mario Galaxy, either (IIRC). Let's axe Mario.

Wait, no, he hated Super Smash Bros. Brawl, too. Just cancel the game. Let's wrap this discussion up guys, game's cancelled kthxbye

Have I run this joke into the ground far enough yet

No mention of the fact that it seems that Raiden is in Playstation All-stars instead of Snake? Makes me wonder what it means for Smash.... probably nothing.

No mention of the fact that it seems that Raiden is in Playstation All-stars instead of Snake? Makes me wonder what it means for Smash.... probably nothing.

Honestly, it doesn't mean much. Dante is in both PSABR and MvC3, and Cole is also in SFxT, so there's definitely going to be some more overlap.

Boss Doggie

But those are Capcpom games.

Not to mention what kind of sense does it make to replace a gaming icon with an eshop game character? People are weird.

(In speaking of, I need to play Rolling Western.)

You should. Really good game.

Nintendo need to hurry up and put out a bunch of games set in the rolling western universe to up Dillon's chances, preferably ones that review well.

Most of the reviews tend to gravitate on being scolded by its difficulty.

I skipped on Rolling Western, honestly, because it touted itself as a tower defense game, and I really don't care for tower defense games. The action element offset that a bit for me... until I heard it was entirely stylus-controlled, which I didn't really care for, either. So, I gave it a pass.

I've been saying for years that Smash should have weapon options like SC. Link's swords, Samus's beams, Olimar's Pikmin colors, Mario's >B power-up, Peach's >Smash weapon, Ganondorf's swords, Fox's guns, Ness's elemental attacks, Yoshi's different-colored eggs, Luigi's >B power-up, Kirby's >B power-up, Pikachu's >B attack, Marth's swords, etc.

Most of the reviews tend to gravitate on being scolded by its difficulty.
I don't blame them, I got destroyed on day 1 of town 8 and have yet to return, sometimes it just feels a bit trial and error in the later stages.

The stylus control is fine but i'm not really a fan of tower defence at all, I just brought it because of Dillon being that awesome.

KevinCow

Banned
I thought Rolling Western was kinda crappy, but Dillon was a cool character character and a tower defense inspired moveset could make him an interesting Smash character.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm sick and tired of seeing Zelda Informer post every fucking "info" they have from every fucking email they get from every fucking people who claims they know a guy.

GOD! I'm sick of those guys.

And yes this is Smash related. They have "a guy" who "saw" the game on 3DS. Said it would be out Holidays 2013, be called Super Smash Bros. Memories and have characters like Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mach Rider. You know old-school MEMORIES! Also Ridley.

Boney

Banned
What kills Dillon is that every fucking day you have to go gather resources. I get it that the first time is so that you're familiar with the map and possible routes and shit, but doing it 3 times per map is fucking awful.

SmithnCo

What kills Dillon is that every fucking day you have to go gather resources. I get it that the first time is so that you're familiar with the map and possible routes and shit, but doing it 3 times per map is fucking awful.

Truth. Killed that game for me.

I don't mind the gathering each day, what annoys me is not being able to get quests until after day 1, which by then I've already sold x or built the wrong towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom