• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick and tired of seeing Zelda Informer post every fucking "info" they have from every fucking email they get from every fucking people who claims they know a guy.

GOD! I'm sick of those guys.

And yes this is Smash related. They have "a guy" who "saw" the game on 3DS. Said it would be out Holidays 2013, be called Super Smash Bros. Memories and have characters like Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mach Rider. You know old-school MEMORIES! Also Ridley.

More like "Super Smash Bros. Dreams" since that's all it is. Dream on, I don't see this happening at all.

SmithnCo

I'm sick and tired of seeing Zelda Informer post every fucking "info" they have from every fucking email they get from every fucking people who claims they know a guy.

And yes this is Smash related. They have "a guy" who "saw" the game on 3DS. Said it would be out Holidays 2013, be called Super Smash Bros. Memories and have characters like Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mach Rider. You know old-school MEMORIES! Also Ridley.

At least it's not as bad as the rumor about the Smash Bros. Beach Volleyball E3 trailer.

Also lol at the idea that they would have a playable 3DS version with characters. Sakurai must really be cracking the whip in fantasy world.

Hahaha....
Oh man, this is amazing, this is more far-fetched than seeing Professor Layton in the next SSB!
:(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

lol Zelda Informer

What kills Dillon is that every fucking day you have to go gather resources. I get it that the first time is so that you're familiar with the map and possible routes and shit, but doing it 3 times per map is fucking awful.

I guess they need to have you get some resources somehow.

Didn't Zelda Informer also say Retro were working on a big Banjo-Kazooie comeback game for the past few years in the hope Microsoft would inexplicably sell the rights back to Nintendo?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The tragic thing is that one could make a blog that just makes up rumours and be as legit as these other guys. That is not the state you want your industry to be in.

Boss Doggie

The tragic thing is that one could make a blog that just makes up rumours and be as legit as these other guys. That is not the state you want your industry to be in.

This is what happens when you let fanboys make blogs.

Alfalfa

Neo Member
Finished Xenoblade today. I'm not gonna lie when I say it'd be a serious crime on Sakurai's part if this game isn't represented in Smash 4.

Murrah

Banned
Eh, I'm like 45 hours into Xenoblade and while I like it a lot Shulk's kind of a boring character, personality and design wise. Melia would be my first Xenoblade choice if her moveset didn't already seem similar to how hypothetical Palutena plays in my head

Then again I'd take Riki over Shulk

daakusedo

I was wondering what they could do stagewise for kid icarus. Unlike brawl there are high chances it will be from uprising but there are so much environments.
I was thinking of a moving level travelling between different landscapes and illustrate the flying part and crazy things going on.
But if it's based on one level, I don't know, maybe the galactic sea...

That's similar for xenoblade, I had the same idea of moving through the world.
Gaur plain is possible with animals coming here and there or a stage on the airship during the late part of the game.

SmithnCo

The Pirate Ship from KI flying through different environments would be cool. Galactic Sea would probably be the most recognizable.

Murrah

Banned
Galactic Sea would be my pick as well. That was the level in Uprising that solidified the game as one of my all time favorites, and visually it's probably the most distinct looking in the game aside from maybe Pandora's Labyrinth, though I don't think the latter would make for as cool a stage as Galactic Sea

Murrah

Banned
I could see Bowser's Castle being used to represent NSMB since there's not really any other standout areas in those games. Maybe a giant Dry Bowser causing havoc in it. I'm personally more surprised at the lack of an airship level in the series yet though. Guess they had airships in NSMBW so maybe that's a possibility

Boss Doggie

should it be a scrolling one? or is it stationary based on the last area on the last levels in each stage where you can press a switch which removes the bridge?

A real Bowser stage would be interesting. I'd rather not have it bogged down by making it a "full" sidescroller stage. But then again, I expect to see the option to turn off stage hazards/features to make more maps playable without distarctions.

For the ultimate in dick moves it should be one of those scrolling Bowser Castles where you have to select one of say 2 or three routes to progress by guesswork and if you choose the wrong one the camera stops moving but the stage keeps on scrolling, everybody dies!

Drago

Where can I find all the Dojo threads, the Sonic reveal one in particular?

Just a random thought, want to read through em :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I have said they could just make Bowser's Castle a Mario Kart stage which kills two birds with one stone.

Where can I find all the Dojo threads, the Sonic reveal one in particular?

Just a random thought, want to read through em :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157914

Have fun reading the 600+ pages.

Of course new thread for new news/the 200 page (100ppp) rule means Smash U will never have a thread like this.

Boss Doggie

Well I have said they could just make Bowser's Castle a Mario Kart stage which kills two birds with one stone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157914

Have fun reading the 600+ pages.

Of course new thread for new news/the 200 page (100ppp) rule means Smash U will never have a thread like this.

But hey, it's nice to see various topics like that. I just hope it wouldn't get shoved into Community.

KevinCow

Banned
What happens when we get actual information and a thread to discuss said actual information back on the real GAF? Does this thread stick around?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if Japan Time does return it would probably be a good time to start with a new thread. I would suggest having a new thread every week in gaming side and then one big thread in community that collects all the information and speculation.

I was glancing at the old thread and I saw an old comment of mine where I said I'd sing "return to sender" when using the Gooey Bomb. I'm pretty sure I never ever did that once I got the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Last post 2009. It's dead Jim.

[post=10641693]But one can always just keep this template handy if you feel you're mad enough to take on the potential job[/post]

Boss Doggie

Ahh I see :(

Still, I wonder what post had the "omg Wolf confirmed" or something. Hard to search in that thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ahh I see :(

Still, I wonder what post had the "omg Wolf confirmed" or something. Hard to search in that thread.

Unfortunately once the game came out in Japan the excitement leading up to each announcement died since all the remaining stages and characters were revealed in one fell swoop. All that remained the "Sakurai's" wording and that secrets post.

Boss Doggie

Ahh I realized now, Brawl has no OT!

It still looks like clueless people putting too much thought on someone's comments.

That's what I did lol

Unfortunately once the game came out in Japan the excitement leading up to each announcement died since all the remaining stages and characters were revealed in one fell swoop. All that remained the "Sakurai's" wording and that secrets post.

Thought as much. Japan Time should've updated completely first before releasing the game!

Murrah

Banned
Regardless of how ridiculously fake that is, it does make me wonder about what Sakurai's planning to do to differentiate the two titles. I don't really see each game getting a few exclusive characters, but rather a reduced roster in the 3DS version with customization features. Not necessarily customizable movesets, but alterations and modifiers similar to Kid Icarus Uprising, since Sakurai loves taking ideas across all his different games. Of course this has probably been talked about before without me and I'm just perpetuating a cycle

GamerSoul

I don't recall there be any. I don't know if I was even there for the whole experince of it, it feels like forevers ago. There could have possibly be seperate threads for the Megatons like Sonic's reveal.

Regardless of how ridiculously fake that is, it does make me wonder about what Sakurai's planning to do to differentiate the two titles. I don't really see each game getting a few exclusive characters, but rather a reduced roster in the 3DS version with customization features. Not necessarily customizable movesets, but alterations and modifiers similar to Kid Icarus Uprising, since Sakurai loves taking ideas across all his different games. Of course this has probably been talked about before without me and I'm just perpetuating a cycle

It seems possible that it could have a reduced roster, customizable moves, etc. I mean there are supposed to be seperate titles and the WiiU version will definitely be capable of way more content. I really like the idea of the 3Ds have a seperate single player. The more I think about how much work it would take to do all this, especially on the conceptual ideas, the more it feels like this game will be in development for awhile...unless Namco really does get behind it 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom