• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

hey guys what level should Kirby have this time?

Was I the only one who was kind of bummed out that Kirby only had one new stage in Brawl? (Even though it was pretty cool). I mean.. I sort of expected a level for King Dedede or something.

Considering how much the Kirby series does got (or at least by comparison to similar level series) I was always kind of shocked that he had just one stage.
But anyway he needs an Epic Yarn themed stage just for that artstyle.

McNum

hey guys what level should Kirby have this time?

Was I the only one who was kind of bummed out that Kirby only had one new stage in Brawl? (Even though it was pretty cool). I mean.. I sort of expected a level for King Dedede or something.
An Epic Yarn level. Don't know if the characters should turn into yarn on the stage or not. Probably not, just flatten them like in the Game and Watch stages.

GamerSoul

An epic yarn stage would be amazing. I can imagine some parts of the stage being behind the paper cut outs. Prince Yarn? mehhhhhhh.

*ahem*

Prince Fluff

Honestly, I would rather have a Rhythm Heaven or Xenoblade stage over another Kirby one, but since we're not likely to get either, it'll have to do.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well one could argue that Fluff ain't "true Kirby" anyway :p

And yeah a RH stage would be awesome (and I count on it - considering how it's now one of those things Nintendo seems to show a lot), but what stage would Xenolade have?

On a related note, I read that (horrible) Tales creator's opinion on Smash thread and am saddened that people think Pokemon follows the "flavor of the month". Their proof is nonexistent.

GamerSoul

It could be the outcome of Melee's inclusion of Pichu and Brawl's exclusion of Mewtwo. Without knowing the minor development details ut would seem it does follow the flavor of the month in some regard but not all. Pikachu is forever, PKMN trainer was a good throwback character, and Lucario is still an important Pokemon, and Jiggs is an OG.

Boss Doggie

And it's not like Pichu is forgotten - it exists in Brawl Pikachu.

And Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl anyway.

Boss Doggie

But Melee's inclusion of Mewtwo doesn't really jive with the "flavor of the month" theory.

Exactly. In order to be a "flavor of the month" it'd actually have a pattern, but so far it doesn't have any, and there are even small proofs that show that it's the opposite.

Even Fire Emblem doesn't follow it since Roy is supposed to be in Brawl as well.

what stage would Xenolade have?
It's surely got to be adapted from Gaur Plains; it's easily the game's most iconic location. Maybe an Isle Delfino style affair?

If they wanted a less iconic but more easily-adaptable location, they could go for the Sororal Statues in Satorl Marsh. It's basically built around platforms and big drops perfect for ringouts, and it could have a day/night transition with monsters attacking.

It's surely got to be adapted from Gaur Plains; it's easily the game's most iconic location. Maybe an Isle Delfino style affair?

If they wanted a less iconic but more easily-adaptable location, they could go for the Sororal Statues in Satorl Marsh. It's basically built around platforms and big drops perfect for ringouts, and it could have a day/night transition with monsters attacking.
Night time Satorl Marsh is an audio and visual feast, I approve of this idea.

It will be a floating platform above a backdrop from the game.
Spoilsport

If Nintendog (and maybe cat) makes a return I want an option to turn that one assist off.

Much like in the game itself i'm sure the cat would just sit in the background offering very little to the AT.

At least that's the gist I got from the cats giving the demo a whirl.

Thores

Much like in the game itself i'm sure the cat would just sit in the background offering very little to the AT.

At least that's the gist I got from the cats giving the demo a whirl.

cats.jpg

Wise words from Miyamoto up there, as for the pokeballs, i'd like less legends on the whole this time and mostly new choices for the legends as well, lets get some Regi representation for one.
And Raikou didn't return because he was so craptacular in melee.

On a slightly related point, anyone else here ever get Manaphy? I had the heart swap experience merely once in all my time playing Brawl, such an interesting pokemon effect sadly left mostly unknown due to the rarity.

SmithnCo

On a slightly related point, anyone else here ever get Manaphy? I had the heart swap experience merely once in all my time playing Brawl, such an interesting pokemon effect sadly left mostly unknown due to the rarity.

I got it a good amount, but I also wish it was less rare. Imagine a match with pokeballs set to high, with only Manaphy available. It would be hilarious chaos.

We are forgetting one important thing.

Will Mr. Resetti return as an assist trophy?

Go one better and have Cranky Kong show up as well so the two can have a Statler and Waldor style mini-show where they heckle the fighters and openly complain about GAMERS THESE DAYS and NOT RESPECTING THEIR 8-BIT HERITAGE or HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO EVEN HAVE SAVE OPTIONS.

Boss Doggie

Being able to toggle what stuff comes out kinda ruins the randomness that is part of their feature. I mean it's part of why they're a pokeball or trophy after all.

Go one better and have Cranky Kong show up as well so the two can have a Statler and Waldor style mini-show where they heckle the fighters and openly complain about GAMERS THESE DAYS and NOT RESPECTING THEIR 8-BIT HERITAGE or HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO EVEN HAVE SAVE OPTIONS.

And their text should take up the whole screen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Are yall that BORED?

P.S. I don't think we will get anything from next nintendo direct. Unless they want to convince people to buy Wii U, then it's possible.

Boss Doggie

I wonder what would people say when ike and lucario returned for next smash?

WHAT ABOUT THEIR FLAVOR OF THE MONTH ARGUMENTS NOW, HUH

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just sent* a tweet to Sakurai telling him that Skullkid is English for チンクル.

*this is a lie.

You know for all the desire these people have for Skull Kid I really can't think of a great moveset for him off the top of my head, most of it would have to be Captain Falcon'd into existence based around mischief and traps.
At the very least on the incredibly small chance he gets in he should have a TP Skull Kid costume.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A: Giggle
Down A: Giggle looking down.
Side A: Giggle to the side.
Up A: Giggle while levitating.

B: Wiggle the mask.
Down B: Twist head.
Side B: Bitch slap a fairy.
Up B: Look up at the moon.

Final Smash: Moon.

The ass shake is presumably a taunt.
Skull kid can also use blow darts and a trumpet, then again this is the one with the mask so nope, not even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom