• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

OH MY GOD!! MIND BLOWING BREAKING NEWS FROM NINTENDO MAGAZINE!!! NEW CHARACTERS IN AN UPCOMING FIGHTING GAME?!?!??!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Next they're gonna tell me NSMB U will have a new power up of some sorts! Or or... Nintendo is planning to make more games for the Wii U and 3DS in the future! MIND BLOWING!!!!

what the fuck kind of article is that and why did they even write it :lol

KevinCow

Banned
Well this is the Smash community, after all. We have to be one of the most pessimistic fandoms, despite also being one of the most hopeful.

I'm sure there was some Smash fan out there somewhere who wasn't even entirely convinced there would be any new characters.

qq more

Well this is the Smash community, after all. We have to be one of the most pessimistic fandoms, despite also being one of the most hopeful.

I'm sure there was some Smash fan out there somewhere who wasn't even entirely convinced there would be any new characters.

I remember reading that some people actually thought that way after a certain Sakurai quote. lol

OH MY GOD!! MIND BLOWING BREAKING NEWS FROM NINTENDO MAGAZINE!!! NEW CHARACTERS IN AN UPCOMING FIGHTING GAME?!?!??!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Next they're gonna tell me NSMB U will have a new power up of some sorts! Or or... Nintendo is planning to make more games for the Wii U and 3DS in the future! MIND BLOWING!!!!

what the fuck kind of article is that and why did they even write it :lol
IIRC, the Wii U thread was laughing it up over a "RUMOR" story that Nintendo was developing a new 3D Mario for the Wii U.

This is where gaming journalism stands, people.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Wasn't there even the "not only will he not add new characters, he'd cut!" stigma before?

Wasn't there even the "not only will he not add new characters, he'd cut!" stigma before?

If you're referring to the stance I took on the matter then it was more "instead of increasing the number by 10 or w/e I think he will cut a decent amount of characters to make room for new ones to take up those spots".

And this really doesn't do anything to make that any more or less likely in my eyes. But w/e, every-time he opens his mouth he says something that just makes everything that much more confusing. So I'm just gonna wait for the trailer and disregard everything until then.

Senator Soufflé;41212731 said:
Does this even count as news?

You expect a new game in a series to have new characters, no matter what Sakurai may have said, there has to be new challengers.

Now if he had been a bit more specific or given us some hints, we'd have an extra 20 pages by now.

You could fool so many people with a headline like, "Super Smash Bros. U: New Characters Confirmed!"

Boss Doggie

And this really doesn't do anything to make that any more or less likely in my eyes. But w/e, every-time he opens his mouth he says something that just makes everything that much more confusing. So I'm just gonna wait for the trailer and disregard everything until then.

That's a good policy.

Senator Soufflé;41212731 said:
Does this even count as news?

You expect a new game in a series to have new characters, no matter what Sakurai may have said, there has to be new challengers.

Now if he had been a bit more specific or given us some hints, we'd have an extra 20 pages by now.

At best, this means we can expect a trailer with gameplay soon. Hopefully by the end of the year, we see the game in action?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Official Nintendo Magazine can exclusively confirm that Super Smash Bros for the Wii U is in development for the Wii U. In a statement made by Smash Bros Creator and Japan Time blogger Sakurai said "I believe the best system for a Wii U version of Smash Bros is the Wii U".

Tell us what you think.

Extremely disappointing to hear something like they reached the limit with Brawl.. Why are they already making excuses and going off the limitations of the Wii?? I seriously have low hopes for this game lol

Anyway, you guys want a good way to get that Smash fix while waiting the next 2893740243 years for a new one? Kaillera + Smash 64.

qq more

Extremely disappointing to hear something like they reached the limit with Brawl.. Why are they already making excuses and going off the limitations of the Wii?? I seriously have low hopes for this game lol

Sakurai mentioned it was hard to balance the roster with that many characters... or something

Cade

Sakurai mentioned it was hard to balance the roster with that many characters... or something

Yeah, because Smash Bros. is known for its competitively-tuned balance and characters that are all equal!

I kid, I love Smash Bros. but Brawl's roster would feel tiny today. I need more, especially for the Wii U. Show us what it can do!

Anth0ny

I want a big roster, but I still can't think of any more first party Nintendo characters that both:

1. I care about
2. Has a realistic chance of getting on the roster

Palutena is 2, not 1. Skull Kid is 1, not 2 =(

fisheyes

I want a big roster, but I still can't think of any more first party Nintendo characters that both:

1. I care about

The answer is simple, but for some reason, people cannot stand the idea - load up on third party characters. I'd be happy for the roster to consist of not one more Nintendo character, and be filled out with iconic, recognisable, popular third party characters. I know they'd never do that though. Even a half half split, with few new Nintendo characters and a few new third party characters would be good. But the backlash from idiots on the internet would be deafening. Its a shame, really.

Yeah, because Smash Bros. is known for its competitively-tuned balance and characters that are all equal!

I kid, I love Smash Bros. but Brawl's roster would feel tiny today. I need more, especially for the Wii U. Show us what it can do!

Definitely agree. I never saw the point/necessity in cutting players. They were balanced with each other before, not you can finer tune it PLUS add new characters. Am I wrong in thinking this? Seems like a pretty logical method to me..

GamerSoul

Sakurai himself said that he doesn't want the game to lose it nintendo-centric focus so if there are third parties they will be kept to a minimum and will be changed a bit for Smash. I don't care about third parties at this point. MegaMan would be fine enough.

1. I care about

Anything is possible! Well kinda, just don't get your hopes up to the point where you'll be devasted if said character isn't in. I still think Capt. Syrup has a decent chance :3 I'm stickin to my pick til the end.

Boss Doggie

1. I care about

Whoa, someone actually cares about Skull Kid.

Just wanted to drop by and ask a question.
What do you guys think of the fan games?
You know, Like SSB Crusade and SS Flash 2. I wanted to know what other Smash players thought about them... If you guys don't mind.

qq more

Smash Bros Flash was one of the worst flash games I've honestly ever played. Everything about it... was just so wrong. I remember trying out a few others and didn't like them except for that Gameboy-style game. I forgot its name, but it was interesting.

EDIT: SSB Crusade... doesn't ring a bell. Any screens for it?

EDIT2: Nvm. Looked it up. Looks ugly to be honest.

Smash Bros Flash was one of the worst flash games I've honestly ever played. Everything about it... was just so wrong. I remember trying out a few others and didn't like them except for that Gameboy-style game. I forgot its name, but it was interesting.

EDIT: SSB Crusade... doesn't ring a bell. Any screens for it?

EDIT2: Nvm. Looked it up. Looks ugly to be honest.

Hehe, Yeah, Smash Flash 1 was not... well... yeah. But the sequel is pretty amazing, compared to Smash Flash 1.
Crusade looks pretty ugly, but I guess the huge roster kind of makes up for it.
Here's a video of Smash Flash 2

qq more

I think one of the most offensive parts of Smash Flash 1 was that they overloaded the roster with Sonic and it also had anime characters. The worst part is that it had two Sonic fan characters. What on earth were they thinking

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whoa, someone actually cares about Skull Kid.

We have a rare opportunity to study a skullkid4smashbros fan (Skull Púerum pro occillo Fratres fan) in the wild out of its natural habitat, MyNintendoNews (Mea cede bene, Coeli News). Perhaps from out observations we can discover why such a creature exists beyond the thought process of "his mask looks cool".

I wonder if they'll be another blatantly made up 'radio show' where Sakurai supposedly confirmed several characters which several news sites will run with and keep posted up even when there is absolutely no evidence and are contradicted by Dojo?

Boss Doggie

Hell, I remember a certain someone in GameFAQs spilling some info and the source is just a Japanese 2ch blog.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I honestly think Sonic fans are masochist. They literally want to be hated. It's the only logical explanation for these sorts of actions.

I honestly think Sonic fans are masochist. They literally want to be hated. It's the only logical explanation for these sorts of actions.
Please don't let the actions of a few speak for the whole. I'm a Sonic fan and I find these recolors reprehensibly bad.

qq more

Majority of Sonic fans are crazy fucks. There's no reasoning with them.

Ahahaha, Super Smash Flash. Almost forgot about that shit.

But you have to admire that they chose the laziest names possible for the original characters do not steal.
For the amount of content put into it, we gotta admire that they managed to make everything about the game lazy. :lol I remember how CPUs would always suicide for no apparent reason. Worst AI I've ever seen in a game.

do you find them hot though?
No. But they should BURN TO THE GROUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom