• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

A: Giggle
Down A: Giggle looking down.
Side A: Giggle to the side.
Up A: Giggle while levitating.

B: Wiggle the mask.
Down B: Twist head.
Side B: Bitch slap a fairy.
Up B: Look up at the moon.

Final Smash: Moon.

so......the moon follows him to every stage? lol

Talking about good ideas.

Considering the fun of tripping was pretty well recieved within the community,
I think it'd be pretty fun to have some other fun effects in the next smash:

- 1 in 5 times when you grab an item, it might explode!

- Sometimes when you grab a smash ball, instead of your final smash activating every other player on the field gets a final smash instead.

- Bumpers should make players trip

- I think it'd be really funny if two people tripping at the same time would randomly recover the health of 1 player on the field and give all their damage to another player instead. It'd be a fun crazy way to make it hard to predict who will win, kinda like Mario Party!

- Sometimes throwing a bomb at someone will heal the player and give them curry powers, rather than damaging them.

- If you trip into someone, they get knocked around like a bumper.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One site thinks they have more power than anyone in convincing Sakurai to follow their wishes.

This is despite me not seeing the word "sake" mentioned anywhere in their proposal.

qq more

- Sometimes when you grab a smash ball, instead of your final smash activating every other player on the field gets a final smash instead.

- I think it'd be really funny if two people tripping at the same time would randomly recover the health of 1 player on the field and give all their damage to another player instead. It'd be a fun crazy way to make it hard to predict who will win, kinda like Mario Party!

- Sometimes throwing a bomb at someone will heal the player and give them curry powers, rather than damaging them.

Why stop there?

-If you pick an alt color, you'll have a completely different moveset! The moveset may be significantly weaker or significantly stronger! Perfect for team matches!

-Instead of intentionally setting the input lag from a half second, we shall increase it to 5 seconds for online play! It adds to the challenge!

-The previous games has gimped Classic Mode. Melee got rid of Board the Platforms, Brawl got rid of Race To The Finish and gimped the hell out of Break the Targets. Instead, Classic Mode will have none of these pesky bonus levels! In fact, Classic Mode may not even exist in the fifth installment!

GamerSoul

I would be surprised if Classic Mode is further gimped or gone in the next one.

I'm literrally having a hard time just coming up with things to talk about in this topic. lol

fisheyes

I've played however many hours of Brawl (a lot) and I cannot think of one time that apparently-the-worst-thing-ever tripping has had any sort of effect on the match, or on my enjoyment of the game. I just don't understand the outrage, I really don't.

Also a lot of those super sarcastic ideas sound fun to me, particularly the 'reverse bomb' one. I like it. Put it in there.

Murrah

Banned
I've played however many hours of Brawl (a lot) and I cannot think of one time that apparently-the-worst-thing-ever tripping has had any sort of effect on the match, or on my enjoyment of the game. I just don't understand the outrage, I really don't.

Also a lot of those super sarcastic ideas sound fun to me, particularly the 'reverse bomb' one. I like it. Put it in there.

Tripping's never cost me a match nor have I ever seen or heard of it happening to anyone else, but it's so incredibly dumb and unlike Sakurai to have not made it a toggleable option that it's frustrating. The fact that there's nothing comparable in Kid Icarus gives me hope he realizes this

fisheyes

Tripping's never cost me a match nor have I ever seen or heard of it happening to anyone else, but it's so incredibly dumb and unlike Sakurai to have not made it a toggleable option that it's frustrating. The fact that there's nothing comparable in Kid Icarus gives me hope he realizes this

For the record, I think it should be removed or toggleable too, just because I've only ever seen negative reaction to it, and never positive and even I, who don't think of it as a negative, have never ever thought 'oh man, isn't it good they put in tripping', either. Contrast this with, say, the hammer's head falling off, which is vaguely similar in concept (in that it makes for unpredictable matches), but is actually hilarious and makes for a fun game play concept, and I just can't even see why tripping, whether its the big elephant in the room or not, is even a thing to begin with.

Anth0ny

-leave meta knight the same

- Make the crowd heckle and swear like filthy-mouthed sailors during every match so I can feel like a man while I play my colorful Nintendo mascot fighter

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember having a night of sake with Sakurai. After a few we were in a jolly state so I turned to him and said wouldn't it be funny if characters randomly tripped in Brawl. He hasn't spoken to me since the negative opinions started flooding in after Brawls release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
.....err umm weird XD. tho theres probably a texture for that.

what's wrong with that? I mean, Sakurai has a fetish for Wolf.

he turned this

182262-800_largevss0c.jpg

into this

wolfm2sxs.jpg

next thing you know he's gonna be adding more leather to him

GamerSoul

I never really payed attention to Wolf before but now that I am dude looks like the leader of a intergalactic furry punk band. Im starting to believe Ookami

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, we MAY have a new TWEWY coming up it seems.

I've always thought Neku would make a kick-ass Square representative, since TWEWY was, like, the perfect DS game utilizing everything about it almost, and this really makes me think it might happen if the new game is for the 3Ds since he won't be as "obscure" with two games under his belt.

So, we MAY have a new TWEWY coming up it seems.

I've always thought Neku would make a kick-ass Square representative, since TWEWY was, like, the perfect DS game utilizing everything about it almost, and this really makes me think it might happen if the new game is for the 3Ds since he won't be as "obscure" with two games under his belt.

If there is an upcoming TWEWY game (and god, I hope there is), then in probably won't star Neku. The poor guy went through too much in the first game and his arc is over.

My guess (and just about everyone else's) is that the next game will take place in another big, trendy city such as London or Paris and focus on a new Reaper's Game
possibly with Minamimoto as the composer (he didn't get deleted in TWEWY).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If there is an upcoming TWEWY game (and god, I hope there is), then in probably won't star Neku. The poor guy went through too much in the first game and his arc is over.

My guess (and just about everyone else's) is that the next game will take place in another big, trendy city such as London or Paris and focus on a new Reaper's Game
possibly with Minamimoto as the composer (he didn't get deleted in TWEWY).

I always thought Las Vegas would be a pretty cool place for a Reaper's Game, since we could get some older characters for that for a change of pace.

But yeah, London, Paris, or perhaps New York seem cool.

Unicorn

I remember launch night at Gamestop they were having a tournament and on the big screen I watched my friend trip right in front of donkey kong as he was about to do his smash clap. Was the saddest moment I think I've ever seen.

I ended up winning that little tournament. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom